Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

If there were going to be special uniforms from Nike I believe there would be a release date set already. We are too close to the games for them to pull something out of a hat.

I fully expect Oregon to go conservative, but since their home sets all feature "non-school colors" (lol), I'm sure some people will find a way to be unhappy about whatever we choose.

Does anybody really bitch about the little bit of silver that the green uniforms have? It's hardly anything now that they changed the numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there were going to be special uniforms from Nike I believe there would be a release date set already. We are too close to the games for them to pull something out of a hat.

I fully expect Oregon to go conservative, but since their home sets all feature "non-school colors" (lol), I'm sure some people will find a way to be unhappy about whatever we choose.

I'm expecting white helmet, volt jersey, white pants, volt socks & cleats

Not completely positive, but I'm pretty certain that NC State will be wearing all red uniforms including the new "throwback"-inspired red helmet that was worn during 3 games this season in the Belk Bowl on Dec. 27th against Louisville. In Coach O'Brien's press conference announcing the bowl the red helmet was present opposite a Belk Bowl helmet, and many merchandise items for the bowl feature the red helmet. Given the fact State is the "home" team in this ACC-Big East matchup, this uniform combo would not surprise me at all.

acc1111260325.jpg

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Does anybody really bitch about the little bit of silver that the green uniforms have? It's hardly anything now that they changed the numbers.

Umm, they have a black jersey and helmet (not school colors), a highlighter colored jersey (not a school color), a carbon helmet (not a school color) and charcoal pants (not a school color). And that doesn't even touch upon their decision to not wear a single school color last year for the biggest game in the school's history.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Umm, they have a black jersey and helmet (not school colors), a highlighter colored jersey (not a school color), a carbon helmet (not a school color) and charcoal pants (not a school color). And that doesn't even touch upon their decision to not wear a single school color last year for the biggest game in the school's history.

Trust me, I'm no fan of Oregon's rainbow parade, but if they just wear the green jerseys, there shouldn't be a problem.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There won't be any complaints from me if they were these beauties:

LaMichael+James+Stanford+v+Oregon+Imt_oDf2nP2l.jpg

I thought this was a good lookin game! I kinda miss these green jerseys. I don't like the new yellow numbered ones. At least not the execution of them. They look kinda cheesy. Almost like a painted over version of the silver numbered ones.

Rose%252BBowl%252BOhio%252BState%252Bv%252BOregon%252BvimVabpFUF5l.jpg

Rose%252BBowl%252BOhio%252BState%252Bv%252BOregon%252BvjaMoOc7fjHl.jpg

Interesting. That Oregon look didn't work for me, but I guess that's why everyone has their own opinion.

I thought this was a good lookin game! I kinda miss these green jerseys. I don't like the new yellow numbered ones. At least not the execution of them. They look kinda cheesy. Almost like a painted over version of the silver numbered ones.

Rose%252BBowl%252BOhio%252BState%252Bv%252BOregon%252BvimVabpFUF5l.jpg

Rose%252BBowl%252BOhio%252BState%252Bv%252BOregon%252BvjaMoOc7fjHl.jpg

Interesting. That Oregon look didn't work for me, but I guess that's why everyone has their own opinion.

You are not the only one that it didn't work for. I hated this look, but then again I am not a fan of white.

spacer.png

There won't be any complaints from me if they were these beauties:

LaMichael+James+Stanford+v+Oregon+Imt_oDf2nP2l.jpg

Nix the outlines on the numbers, make the swooshes grey, and this is Oregon's best look (well, it's probably their best look as is, but the black number outlines don't belong here, in my opinion, and the swooshes stand out too much in yellow). It's a near-perfect look if they change the number font to something sane and wear yellow or grey pants, but I'm not complaining.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't mind the black outline. People bitch about Oregon wearing all that black and silver but it really doesn't look that bad in limited quantities. Black is ok when done right. Unfortunately most schools don't do it right.

ASU will wear a Black, White, Black combo against Boise State in Vegas.

13_img_5962w_0.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Oregon has been using black long enough now that people should stop bitching about it. Carbon, volt, anthracite? Fine, that makes sense. But black isn't anything new. School colors? Perhaps not. Team colors, absolutely. And for quite some time now.

Yeah, I agree. I gave up on arguing against black uniforms a long-ass time ago. I don't like it but it's futile to argue against it at this point.

Oregon has been using black long enough now that people should stop bitching about it. Carbon, volt, anthracite? Fine, that makes sense. But black isn't anything new. School colors? Perhaps not. Team colors, absolutely. And for quite some time now.

Glad someone finally understands.

I don't think anyone really has a problem identifying Oregon anymore no matter what color is out on the field. But black is just a part of our color scheme now as green and yellow is.

Why do people care? Because according to the school's athletic department, the OFFICIAL ATHLETIC COLORS ARE GREEN AND YELLOW.

Any other additions are just pandering to be trendy, and a contradiction to the idea of tradition.

Without tradition, there is no connection to the history of the school.

If "no tradition" is the school's tradition, then they're a bunch of posers, and basically are Nike's bitches.

It's not about being stuck in the past, or being opposed to progress. But if the school has to rely on adding random colors to get noticed in the first place, then the problem likes within the product on the field and the management behind it, not the costumes worn.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived