DolphinManatee's Miami Marlins Concept

DolphinManatee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice update. There are just a few things I don't like:

- The "BASEBALL CLUB" is unnecessary on the logo, it just clutters it up

- I think that one of the alts should have "MIAMI" on it because 4/5 have "MARLINS" which is a bit too weighted D'oh!

- The Script is too thin

- The "l" bothers me. It's not shaped like a loop like normal cursive "l"s

All in all, a good update. The only real issues I have are regarding that one script; clean it up (and the other minor fixes) and you're good to go.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Nice update. There are just a few things I don't like:

- The "BASEBALL CLUB" is unnecessary on the logo, it just clutters it up

- I think that one of the alts should have "MIAMI" on it because 4/5 have "MARLINS" which is a bit too weighted

- The Script is too thin

- The "l" bothers me. It's not shaped like a loop like normal cursive "l"s

All in all, a good update. The only real issues I have are regarding that one script; clean it up (and the other minor fixes) and you're good to go.

-I'll remove "BASEBALL CLUB". (I just wanted to see the reaction)

-The black alt does have "Miami"

- <_<

-The "l" and "i" are supposed to be sharp like a marlins nose.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I like where you're going, but you need to bulk up your scripts and numbers. They're much too slight. You should be able to thicken those up without losing the Art Deco spirit of Avant Garde/Century Gothic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pretty nice. My suggestions would be to drop the orange options with the regular home jersey. It wouldn't fit well with the teal script. Put a fish throught the M on the Marlins script like you have on the Miami on the black road alt. I don't understand why there are two Miami script styles. I would pick one or the other and standardize it.

Other than that, this is a fantastic concept, and blows away the actual 2012 Marlins look by a lot.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Minor issue I see being created with this set: are the Marlins a orange team, or a teal team? Having multiple cap options for the home, and then alts that support this complicates the question. It's my issue with the Rangers right now, as well. Looks good overall, though. Script still needs some work, IMO.

Minor issue I see being created with this set: are the Marlins a orange team, or a teal team? Having multiple cap options for the home, and then alts that support this complicates the question. It's my issue with the Rangers right now, as well. Looks good overall, though. Script still needs some work, IMO.

+1

It is very common on these boards that people suggest that Marlins going back to teal and black but add some orange. Much like how people suggest the Boston Celtics add some gold to their scheme. The question is- how? It is much easier said than done. I think that teal and black need to be the two dominant colors in the scheme with little hints of orange, like in the primary, and maybe the color of a uniform number. I don't like the idea of an orange alternate with a black script because it leaves out teal, which should be a major color in this set.

Overall, good work. This concept is really coming along and I look forward to seeing more from you.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I am going to scrap the orange alt/cap/socks/belt/shoes and replace the white outline on the teal cap "M" logo with an orange outline.

Also, I am not sure whether to have on the teal alt an orange fill/black outline on the script/numbers or keep it the way it is.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Archived