DolphinManatee's Miami Marlins Concept

DolphinManatee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a drawing of the Marlins script. I need suggestion on where to go from here.

100_2413.jpg

the weight of the strokes are still very inconsistant. look how the "s" looks pinched compared to the thickness of the "a" and "r". actually, the m-a-r-l is pretty consistant, but the i-n-s is too thin. i understand what you are trying to do with the letters coming to points to mimick the tail, but it's not helping your cause.

Much better. The problem with your first script was that you kinda ran out of space with the last few letters (if that makes any sense whatsoever), so they were squished and this very thin. This is concept-ready!

Remember, it's not like he can't edit it once he's traced it into a graphic. IMO just try it out as a graphic and see what it looks like (tweak it, of course).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

better, but it still has some issues. The biggest, to me, is that the S does not look like an S. Also, I've come around to think that this script would look better with a black outline, not orange.

With the "s", I'm trying to make it look more like an "s" while keeping the same flow. I do not like the traditional "s" you would find in most scripts, mainly because their is too many loops in the traditional "s".

I should make the orange contrast more from the teal.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Here is my fix on the "s":

100_2427-2.png

EDIT: Don't think I don't know people are looking in this thread. Please comment.

Don't be a doosh.

As for the script, the 's' does look a little better, but the 'M' is still awkward and the mark as a whole, especially the 'l' and 'i', just doesn't look right.

Here is my fix on the "s":

100_2427-2.png

EDIT: Don't think I don't know people are looking in this thread. Please comment.

I've noticed you're quite passive aggressive. Hint: don't be. Posting crap like that is a good way to alienate yourself. And really, if you want C&C, complaining about thread view:comment ratio is pretty lame. Are you looking solely for comments, or are you looking to improve your project? Quality over quantity, my friend. And there's plenty of quality C&C here that you haven't taken kindly to.

On to the actual concept, it's still not uniform enough. The M, L, and I all look off. I would suggest redrawing with consistency in mind.

On second glance, the top right portion of the "M" is off. It goes too high and far off, really throwing the entire letter off. I don't really see a problem with the "i", but the "l" could flow a bit better. The right side is a smooth curve, but the left side curves, then changes direction, and slants more rightward.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm sorry for being an :censored:, I'm just frustrated with everything. (BTW, I have felt alienated on the board every since I've joined. It seems like every time I comment on a thread, the thread just dies.) As for the script, I'll fix the "l" to be consistent with the "i", fix the "M" and rotate the script clockwise about 5 degrees (to me it looks awkward the way it is slanted now).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

cc.png

the part of the M in the red should have a curve/slant to what the arrow is showing (or vise versa) IMO ...where the purple circle is, the line is too close to the "M" if you wanted it to be that close you might as well find a way to attach it (which i wouldnt do)

Archived