DolphinManatee's Miami Marlins Concept

DolphinManatee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something softer. Think about the Dolphins old color scheme... Here are some pictures.

Current:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Old (Recommended):

MiamiDolphins_FRC_1989_SCC_SRGB.png

While this shade could look nice, I'm not sure the lighter orange would serve as a good outline color for the teal.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 months later...

Is that navy in place of black? While black is overused in sports, teal and navy is already in use by Seattle, and I've always liked black and teal for the Marlins. Other than that, here's some C&C:

-make the button on the caps teal. The orange one sticks out in a bad way.

-This set really needs better color balance. I would suggest making navy a base color throughout. (Navy socks, belts) Regardless, make the teal belts navy. A teal belt would look very weird.

-The Miami script is much better than the Marlins one. I would really suggest just using the Marlins version of it. If you want it to be a script rather than a block, then the old Marlins script would work perfectly fine.

-Back to what I said about color balance, it looks like at home they are a teal and orange team... with navy caps. And on the road they look like a navy and teal team. Make the piping navy-teal-navy throughout. On the home, replace the orange outline with navy blue. For the alternate, either make the script navy or make it white with navy outline.

-Use orange sparingly. It looks very random the way that it's used right now. There's barely any of it on the other 3 jerseys, yet its the color of the numbers and scripts of the teal alt.

I think you should either add some orange to the away jersey or just remove it all together. It looks a little weird having orange only on the home set. I also think that your cap logo needs a little extra something to it. The plain M (which also carries over to the away script) could use something like the fish you might be working on.

spacer.png

Honestly, this is a downgrade from the previous look you had. The navy is far inferior to the black, IMO, and the color balance is way off. You had it right before: black and teal with a small amount of orange. I like that much better. I'm also not a fan of the double outlines or the plain M on the hat (unless it's just a filler because you're working on the fish).

The "Marlins" script looks really good though, and is my favorite part of the set. Definitely keep it.

I think you should either add some orange to the away jersey or just remove it all together. It looks a little weird having orange only on the home set. I also think that your cap logo needs a little extra something to it. The plain M (which also carries over to the away script) could use something like the fish you might be working on.

Way ahead of you. Also, the "FISH LOGO UNDER CONSTRUCTION" sign implies that there is supposed to be a fish through the "M", and maybe over either the "M" or "A" in the away script. I'll post my next update soon.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Update Número Siete:

Logos:

Barreto_MarlinsScriptsAndLogos-6.png

Uniforms:

Barreto_MarlinsUniform-6.png

Note:

I tried to change the navy (RGB 0,0,32) to a color that looks black from a distance, but if you look really close it looks a little blue (RGB 0,0,24) (or at least I attempted). I also increased the weight of the outlines of the script logos, so on the away jersey you should notice an orange outline on the script.

my only problem with this set is the scripts. they should match. another thing is the marlin itself looks great. don't change the marlin it self, just focus on the wild eye. another thing is the Black/Orange/Teal colour scheme. a orange 4th jersey isn't going to bring the set down, but try an orange or teal cap.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

my only problem with this set is the scripts. they should match. another thing is the marlin itself looks great. don't change the marlin it self, just focus on the wild eye. another thing is the Black/Orange/Teal colour scheme. a orange 4th jersey isn't going to bring the set down, but try an orange or teal cap.

Assuming you mean colour-wise, then no, because teal-on-teal would make it invisible and/or an orange script would not work with orange being a trim colour. If you meant that there should be one script and one block wordmark, then that's not necessarily true.

Yes it would. Orange is trim, and should not be used as the primary colour on a jersey.

And IMO, go with 2 colours. With three, things get a bit too busy and it would really make it easy to balance the colours. The homes use next to no navy and the roads use next to no orange. Having a third colour as trim really clutters things up too much IMO. The home alt looks great with teal-orange, but the regular home is hampered a bit by the navy trim (for example).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You really didn't improve your concept at all in the last update.

Swap navy out for black.

Eliminate all orange.

Make all belts and socks black.

Use either a matching Marlins script to the Miami block or use the 1993-2002 script.

Make the wordmarks teal on the home and road primaries.

Make a teal home alternate with either white or black script, either one would work.

Black road alternate with a teal script.

This is what I would do if I were you. The set right now is a mess. Mismatched scripts, randomness of the orange, the navy on the cap looks so out of place on the white home uniform, and why are we seeing a Marlins concept with navy blue?

• 2 weeks later...

You fixed a lot of the set's problems in this update. The only issue that I see now is that they look like a teal and orange team at home and a navy and teal team on the road. This problem is pretty much inevitable, though if you work with three colors.

Oh, and I still think that black would look much better than navy. Just sayin'.

You fixed a lot of the set's problems in this update. The only issue that I see now is that they look like a teal and orange team at home and a navy and teal team on the road. This problem is pretty much inevitable, though if you work with three colors.

Oh, and I still think that black would look much better than navy. Just sayin'.

The color was suppose to be a blackish-blue, and by that I mean black with very little blue. It looks black on my screen. (If you want to know, the RGB value is 0,0,16.)

The Marlin in your first version is vastly superior to the newest version.

The first version was pretty much the old marlin (I do not claim it as my own work), so I tried creating my own from scratch.

Archived