Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NHL edition)

29texan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What needs to be tweaked about the Canucks' logo?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Can someone make a concept for this??

I have, kinda. I used a logo almost identical to that in a Ducks concept once. I used it as a shoulder patch, but it still looked really good.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Classic:

124.gif32tfs723a3bes0p0hb4hgcy1u.gif

Honorable mentions: Flyers, Blues

All of the other Original 6 teams can qualify, though I wouldn't mind slight tweaks to all of them (besides the Canadiens). I would be open to the Bruins using this logo (and/or that unique Gold/Brown color scheme) full-time, and I prefer this Maple Leafs' logo to the current one. That font comes across as tacky for my tastes.

Keep It:

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

Honorable Mentions: Senators, Blue Jackets, Sharks

I never liked the Preds logo in its original form, but the update finally brought some legitimacy to it. I also like the Sens' current logo, and the Ohio-flag-wrapping-around-the-star beats out the bug any day. Unpopular opinion, but I'm OK with the Sharks current logo and color scheme.

Tweak It:

71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.gif97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

Honorable Mentions: Avalanche, Hurricanes, Stars, Jets

(Warning: Shamless Plugs ahead!)

I like the "pencil logo" for the Kings, but they can make it look more regal/medieval by making it look more like an medieval/old-world shield. Perhaps they could make it look like an Interstate shield to represent all the freeways in the Greater LA area*. I don't mind the Lightning's current logo, but it does need some black and some depth, at the very least. I used a different logo here.

The Avs could make their "A" a little more mountain-looking, and they could stand to lose the black (I dumped the black here), the Hurricanes can clean up theirs, and the Stars should ditch their metallic/Vegas gold for a more athletic gold or at least a brassy-looking old gold (as I did here). Some kind of depth can be added to the Jets' logo, but I'm not quite sure where.

*Perhaps the button-copy effect, if used wisely, could look great.

</shameless plug>

Lose It:

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gif

No (Dis)Honorable Mentions

I was really hoping for an actual duck in Anaheim's logo, but this is what we got. Either go back to the old Mighty Ducks logo, or use an actual duck in the logo. I'd also suggest that the black is dropped for the old jade, or go with a jade/black/orange color scheme.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The different shades of blue don't match the blue-and-green of the rest of the identity.

They're not the only team that has colors in their logo that don't appear on their uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, no, but it's silly to really push royal blue and green as your team colors and then recolor your crappy old logo in navy blue, while having a host of logos in the package that actually feel like they belong in the what's-really-old-is-new-again milieu of the set (Johnny Canuck V, stick-in-rink, interlocking VC) and do match the color scheme. The whole thing just has "boardroom compromise" written all over it, with the stupid Orca Bay logo, the wrong shade of blue, and "VANCOUVER" superfluously over the top.

canucks suck

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

oilerfix.jpg

If the Oilers used this, would anyone notice or care?

It would be better because of the bottom of the letters becoming parallel with the blue circle, but the logo still sucks. The letters and serifs (on the same letter, too!) are so grossly disproportionate that just fixing the bottom of the letters isn't enough.

I wonder how it would look if I subbed out the old lettering for plain old Playbill like the Colts use.

EDIT: oh, much worse, rather just tweak the existing serifs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have seen two people saying the Isles need to "lose it" and using the wrong logo. How can they lose a logo they already lost?

Their current logo is royal, not navy, and has 4 marks on the sticks not 3.

2ly2w09.jpg

I have seen two people saying the Isles need to "lose it" and using the wrong logo. How can they lose a logo they already lost?

I know, right? I bet since you pointed out this error, they will now take a hard, long look at the logos side by side and realize how wrong they were and change their mind! It's subtleties, people.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Lipstick on a pig.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The different shades of blue don't match the blue-and-green of the rest of the identity.

The lack of green in the logo has always annoyed me. As an outline, the way red was used in the logo in the previous Canuck color scheme, green would look decent. Some more green in the unis, like in the collar and maybe as a number outline wouldn't hurt either.

oilerfix.jpg

If the Oilers used this, would anyone notice or care?

It would be better because of the bottom of the letters becoming parallel with the blue circle, but the logo still sucks. The letters and serifs (on the same letter, too!) are so grossly disproportionate that just fixing the bottom of the letters isn't enough.

That logo just SCREAMS 1970's, but oddly enough I don't find that a bad thing... and I don't think I've ever seen any other Oiler logos, real or concept, that I preferred to it. That Todd MacFarlane silver gear-drop thing was just a joke.

I always liked the 1996-2007 oil worker alternate logo. I don't think it would work as the primary though. To different from what the team has traditionally worn as the primary, and it's a little to complicated a design.

The gear/oil drop from this logo could work as a primary logo. Not the whole thing, just the gear/oil drop.

The gear/oil drop from this logo could work as a primary logo. Not the whole thing, just the gear/oil drop.

I've always thought that with a few tweaks and the addition of the orange and red, that'd be a great primary.

The Oilers, much like the Islanders, have a roundel that's obviously a product of the 70s, and neither of them is particularly good.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.gif

I don't know why you'd want to bring that one back. Blatant ripoffs of other teams, regardless of the fact that the teams shared an owner, never look good.

Archived