Which uniform brand frustrates you the most?

Chawls

Adidas. Nike. UnderArmour. Russell. They all do things with uniforms that are bold, baffling or both. They all do things that infuriate us. So who is it for you?

For me, without question, it's Russell. We use the term "Arena League" as a derogatory term for postmodern uniforms but the league had some nice unis (Arizona and Tampa Bay as examples) before Russell standardized that stupid ass digital-clock-looking number font. And they use it on their college uniforms too. My Grambling Tigers look so embarrassing in Russell's uniforms. Their played-out templates and that one stupid number font are the reasons I can't stand them.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under Armour. The only thing they haven't done poorly is Auburn's uniforms, and even at that they couldn't finish the pant striping. Under Armour just please stick with making everything that goes underneath a uniform and leave making uniforms alone.

Under Armour is without a doubt the worst uniform manufacturer in football. Their uniforms are riddled with weird, unnecessary seams and hideous piping designs... they've even joined the butt-striping bandwagon. The ONLY uniforms of theirs I like is Maryland's set and even that's imperfect. They've taken classic uniforms (such as Ryan-era Boston College, Brown-era Auburn, and Chang-era Hawaii) and ruined them with their ugly templates and panels.

Even Russell and New Balance look good compared to UA. At least they can manage to fit a whole pants stripe in the proper location without weirdly truncating it at the bottom.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

For soccer kits I hate Macron (cheap junky material) and Adidas with their dumb striping.

I never had a problem with Reebok on NFL uniforms, used to be a big fan of 'STARTER' ..... that was before the NFL teams all used their own manufacturer ...

I don't know what company is outsourced to make uniforms, I just know who brands them.

I meant brand.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Under Armor. Is it there really any other competitor?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'll divide this into two areas: design and fit.

From a design aspect, Under Armour is worse than Nike and Russell when allowed to run wild. We're talking piping gone mad, thunderstorm and digi-camo patterns, and butt striping that looks a**less chaps:

70520_Tulane_Hawaii_Football.jpg

From a fitting aspect, the Adidas/RBK Techfit uniforms are the worst. From the way they stretch horizontally but not vertically to the terrible "tank top" cut, they are awful to look at.

Justin-Tuck_330.jpg

I know Russell has some design issues with fonts and crazy sleeve patterns, but I think they are very underrated on this board when it comes to the fit of their uniforms. And when they dial back the crazy factor, they make very solid looking uniforms that fit every player very well, even the linemen. Plus, this is one of my favorite uniforms of all time:

24913339.JPG

5589443748_cb3e3744db.jpg

I would've thought you woulda said adidas for soccer, GBM. I agree with the under armour statement, some are just bad. Lotto is bad for soccer. And for hockey, I cannot stand the way the old jerseys are, so like CCM. I love tighter fitting jerseys, plus some designs were bad before the Edge, ya know?

Russell uniforms seem to always come off as extremely unprofessional to me.

Under Armour uniforms on the other hand, are not as poorly made, they just tend to have un-visually appealing piping, stripes, and other features.

However, the one that actually frustrates me the most would have to be UA (simply because of its wider presence in college football)

2043050vl19qK6.gif

You know who made the best uniforms? Starter. Seriously...look:

Robert-Brooks-wmark.jpg

Taylor_Slideshow.jpg

cleveland-browns-karim-abdul-jabbar-84-skybox-2000-molten-metal-nfl-football-trading-card-37955-p.jpg

2608929170048086595S425x425Q85.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Under Armour is definitely the most frustrating. They actually have something going for them with the cool sublimated patterns (excluding the camo crap they've done, as well as the lightning baselayers).

But, their current pants design is so, so stupid. And they have overdesigned a lot of uniforms.

I would normally say Russell, but since they did a great job on the WKU set this year (a set that I hated at the beginning of the year). I will have to say Under Armour. The Maryland set sucked so bad (no logo on the helmet) that I would have to place them at #1. Now I know most people hate Nike, but I love their uniforms because they do what teams want (except for Oregon, their guinea pig). They have traditional sets as well as modern sets and I am anxiously awaiting to see what they do in the NFL.

spacer.png

Nike.

Because they're the ones that started all this mess in the first place.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived