Logolypiad: Event #8

You knew this one would come from me. This incorporates the same font I use for my typeface for my Teal Town Zone. In honor of the team that made a 58-point improvement from the season before and was a goal post from playing the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference Finals (yes, CC your Leafs beat us, but my Sharkies scared the living bejesus out of Toronto) the 10th Anniversary of the Greatest Turnaround in the National Hockey League.

10thGreatest.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure that I'll vote for this one...simply because the estimate to turn it into a patch was $3000 just for the mock up to get all that detail. It's not easy turning web graphics into real life things. But you may have accomplished it.

$3000? Jeezy creezy...

I wish I had that kind of money, though, just to make one for myself! That would be sweet...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I'm pretty sure that I'll vote for this one...simply because the estimate to turn it into a patch was $3000 just for the mock up to get all that detail. It's not easy turning web graphics into real life things. But you may have accomplished it.

$3000? Jeezy creezy...

I wish I had that kind of money, though, just to make one for myself! That would be sweet...

My bad...it's a typo....the cost to do the set up would be $300... about 2-3x the normal cost.

I just hope that people vote based on how a design renders as a patch - like the rules stated.

Not on a cool web desgn.

Unles I'm missing something

What's your agenda in placing comments such as these in this thread? Seems as if someone is trying to sway voting their way. Why not just let the voters make the call without resorting to leading commentary.

As a side note, I've passed this thread on to an associate that does all of our corporate promotional items, and he has confirmed that every design here (as of the morning of 5/24) can be done as either a stitched or screened item.

Vote for your favorite design!

CGP.gif

I just hope that people vote based on how a design renders as a patch - like the rules stated.

Not on a cool web desgn.

<_< i've done some pretty intricate designs that have translated very well to patches. people should vote on what they think is the best design, not what someone mandates they vote on. as someone that works as a designer in an embroidery/screenprint shop, i have to say that just about any of these designs would have no problem being digitized for embroidery.

The only patch that I have seen posted that I wouldn't think would be able to be properly displayed as a real "patch" is the Shea Stadium toilet. Just seems too intricate with too many colors.

I'm amazed that you guys said that it is do-able...cool to hear it.

Regardless, I really like it and it will be in my top 3 votes.

Some top notch stuff here, as has been the case with every other event so far. I'm just trying to keep up! That being said, I present to you the 25th Anniversary of Gretzky's first NHL match patch. (few!):

logolympiad8.gif

C&C welcome.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Not on a cool web desgn.

<_< i've done some pretty intricate designs that have translated very well to patches. people should vote on what they think is the best design, not what someone mandates they vote on. as someone that works as a designer in an embroidery/screenprint shop, i have to say that just about any of these designs would have no problem being digitized for embroidery.

It's the "just about" ones that need to be properly scrutinized.

Great post joel. Keep up the great work.

Not on a cool web desgn.

What's your agenda in placing comments such as these in this thread? Seems as if someone is trying to sway voting their way. Why not just let the voters make the call without resorting to leading commentary.

As a side note, I've passed this thread on to an associate that does all of our corporate promotional items, and he has confirmed that every design here (as of the morning of 5/24) can be done as either a stitched or screened item.

My "agenda" was to remind people to vote for the best patch.

Pretty simple.

Leading commentary has been standard in this whole thing since Event 1.

Big deal.

Not on a cool web desgn.

One more thing clancy...could you PM me with your associates name and number that does this logo and patch magic. I'm looking for some promotional stuff for one of my sports bars and I'd like to throw some business his/your way.

Thanks buddy!

Not on a cool web desgn.

One more thing clancy...could you PM me with your associates name and number that does this logo and patch magic. I'm looking for some promotional stuff for one of my sports bars and I'd like to throw some business his/your way.

Thanks buddy!

Somewhere in MoJoTo land . . .

"Yeah definitely, got to be a stitched patch, definitely. 246 stitches. Yeah, stitched patch, screening sucks, definitely."

Here you go Rainman, the official rules. Note, no mention of the type of patch.

EVENT #8: ANNIVERSARY PATCH

CRITERIA:

- Design a patch commemorating something that really happened in 1994, 1984, 1979, 1974, 1964 or 1954 (10, 20, 25, 30, 40 or 50 years ago).

- Include the years in the design.

- This can be a sports or non-sports anniversary.

-You may ?borrow? and incorporate up to 2 existing images or logos, but the overall design must be your own.

DEADLINE: Thursday, May 27th, 5:00 PM EDT

CGP.gif

plop, i just realized today is the deadline....oh well, i think avenger has this one nailed, yet again....i really wish i wasn't so busy at work, i had an awesome idea for the 1984 Detroit Tigers (of course)

Archived