Coca Cola pulling white cans from shelf

BrandMooreArt

People just need to read the labels and see what they're buying and don't assume just by the color of the product. Product packaging changes constantly, so you need to be aware; if you don't, it's your own fault. People need to start making decisions for themselves, and not make others do it for them. Coca-Cola is doing this for a cause, and it's only for a temporary/limited run. The red cans will be back in no time, they are a staple in this industry and will never go away.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont make this political my views on Global warming are well known.

These cans were the stupidest thing Coke did since New Coke. White cans what were they thinking? When you have silver cans for diet coke now, but at one time Diet Coke cans were white. This is confusing to people and people buying coke wants to see red, and this was their blunder.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A thread about the color of a Coke can turned into global warming and people seriously missing the fact that my post was a smartass joke. Figures with this place.

It could be that, wait a minute, they picked white because it was better aesthetically? Because it is. The 12 pack I picked up yesterday is red. Doesn't look as good as the white cans.

These cans were the stupidest thing Coke did since New Coke. White cans what were they thinking? When you have silver cans for diet coke now, but at one time Diet Coke cans were white. This is confusing to people and people buying coke wants to see red, and this was their blunder.

I would think having a Coke product that didn't have any discernible qualities of Coke design on the can to be a bigger blunder. cherry_coke_logo_28416.jpg

soundersbanner.png

I would think having a Coke product that didn't have any discernible qualities of Coke design on the can to be a bigger blunder. cherry_coke_logo_28416.jpg

I loved that Cherry Coke design!!!! Then again I'm also a child of the Nick/All That generation....

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

They should've just put a couple white polar bears on a red can and saved themselves some trouble.

Or gotten clever like the brewdog brewery and bottled Coke inside of dead polar bear heads.

main1brew.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I loved that Cherry Coke design!!!! Then again I'm also a child of the Nick/All That generation....

As am I, just like some of the posters that like the polar bear design but still think it's bad marketing. BTW, I haven't seen the red polar bear cans yet and there's still a pretty big stockload of the white cans at my nearby WinCo and Fred Meyer.

soundersbanner.png

We had company lunch yesterday and I picked up a white can. I rinsed it and will keep it alongside the Coke Zero bottle I got during the 2010 Olympic torch run and a small coke can from the UK.

good idea. keeping mine as well.

heres an article from the dieline i think goes well in the thread: http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2011/12/14/shared-opinion-unboxing-desire.html

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 months later...

Archived