Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Why don't NBA teams use their primary logos on front of their jerseys?

mediapose06_city.jpg

Yes

No

How can someone not like these??

*raises hand*

Dumb. Just dumb.

I'm not sure if this has been explicitly stated but the main reason it works in the NHL and not the NBA is that while the NHL mostly has images as their primaries, just about all NBA teams have their entire name written out as well. Slap that on a jersey and it gets incredibly busy fast while the wordmark is too small to be read.

And while I can understand detail-driven issues with the Golden State set (unevenness, copper plate, etc.) I think they have :censored:ing awesome jerseys.

mediapose06_city.jpg

Yes

No

*raises hand*

Dumb. Just dumb.

True. I forgot that if someone else doesn't have the exact same tastes in uniforms they are an idiot.

mediapose06_city.jpg

Yes

No

*raises hand*

Dumb. Just dumb.

True. I forgot that if someone else doesn't have the exact same tastes in uniforms they are an idiot.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was me calling the design dumb a problem? I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to that opinion.

mediapose06_city.jpg

Yes

No

*raises hand*

Dumb. Just dumb.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was me calling the design dumb a problem? I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to that opinion.

My bad. The way I read it was that "Dumb. Just dumb." was a response to me saying, "How can someone not like these?" because of the way it was quoted. I just misinterpreted what you said.

Nope, just hatin' on it. I don't understand why anyone would like it, but it doesn't taint you that much. ;)

We good?

Nope, just hatin' on it. I don't understand why anyone would like it, but it doesn't taint you that much. ;)

We good?

ahaha yeah. Just a misunderstanding. Actually happens a lot with multiple things quoted at a time.

The Vancouver Grizzlies used the full word mark from their logo, and it looked way to busy.

vancouver-grizzlies.jpg

reeves-bryant-990228.jpg

With that trim, it looks especially busy.

I loved this set at that time, but now you brought up a good point and I have to agree. They are way to busy.

The Vancouver Grizzlies used the full word mark from their logo, and it looked way to busy.

vancouver-grizzlies.jpg

reeves-bryant-990228.jpg

With that trim, it looks especially busy.

I loved this set at that time, but now you brought up a good point and I have to agree. They are way to busy.

Hated the graphics, loved the color scheme. I'd love to see them use their current graphics with this color scheme. (Or just red, teal, and black)

Someone did a photoshop of it somewhere on these boards, looked great.

I'd point to the Warriors as perhaps the premier current example of "good idea, bad execution."

I still can't begin to comprehend the reasoning for making everything in the package intentionally slightly off-center.

It's too small, and being filled in the opposite color of the jersey makes it look like some odd disc or medallion (or hockey crest!) pasted on the jersey.

The old ones were so much better as they flowed with the rest of the jersey better. The full frontal logos that have worked in the past were all large ones that kind of melded into the entire real estate of the jersey: the Nuggets and Jazz mountainscapes and the large wingspan Hawks. The City SF Warriors and the 70s/80s GSW do the same thing.