Halifax Highlanders

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the lion on the t-shirt an official mascot for the Highlanders? I think he'd be a good replacement for Thistlehead.

Ya know what nash?...I was originally going to go with a lion mascot, but Ottawa, (with their lame Roman senator theme) already use a lion.

Maybe he could be an unofficial mascot; just kind of hangin' around the rink.

thats too bad. he looks awesome.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Is the lion on the t-shirt an official mascot for the Highlanders? I think he'd be a good replacement for Thistlehead.

Ya know what nash?...I was originally going to go with a lion mascot, but Ottawa, (with their lame Roman senator theme) already use a lion.

Thanks Cody, and you just know, he'd pummel the senator's wimpy lion.

yep he would. considering this is a concept, he should be the main mascot. and his name shall be King Highlander, as lions are kings of the jungle and it fits right in with the rest of the scheme. he should also be the new goalie. try it out. i think he would look cool that way.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks Cody, and you just know, he'd pummel the senator's wimpy lion.

yep he would. considering this is a concept, he should be the main mascot. and his name shall be King Highlander, as lions are kings of the jungle and it fits right in with the rest of the scheme. he should also be the new goalie. try it out. i think he would look cool that way.

Nessie covers the entire net though.

then replace the green guy with the lion. i just thought the lion would be like wildwing.....

my ONLY critique is that in the detailed version of the lion the "fur" around the face looks a bit more like feathers than fur...the silhoutted simplified versions are great, and i like the shading and detail everywhere except for around the face - this is an absolutely beautiful concept

and i vote heather as mascot :)

jldesigns404eo.png

These look nice, but are very busy by NHL standards. They could use some simplification..

Agreed. When I try to put the crosses on the front or shoulders, it looks busy.

I don't need "Halifax" across the front either, as you and dawg have mentioned.

So, the logo stands alone, and I've altered the "HHC" shoulder patch to include the golden outlined cross.

hhhome3.jpg

For the reason of trying to make the sweater unique, I'm keeping it on the lower back...for now.

hhuniforms.jpg

Thanks guys

These look nice, but are very busy by NHL standards. They could use some simplification..

Agreed. When I try to put the crosses on the front or shoulders, it looks busy.

I don't need "Halifax" across the front either, as you and dawg have mentioned.

So, the logo stands alone, and I've altered the "HHC" shoulder patch to include the golden outlined cross.

hhhome3.jpg

For the reason of trying to make the sweater unique, I'm keeping it on the lower back...for now.

hhuniforms.jpg

Thanks guys

Hey Sparky. Ive got a idea! How about you take the X and place it on the arms under neath the shield with the lion on it? That would look amazing!

Music would be a big part of the Highlanders home game experience

The usual 'arena-rock' would be accompanied with some great celtic tracks, in keeping with the theme...

Furious, foot-stomping jigs and reels, and sing-a-long ballads and anthems.

It would be a hockey game and a ceilidh all in one.

Check this out for a feel of what the atmosphere might be like.

Let it simmer...a couple of great riffs kick in at the :58 sec. and 2 min. marks.

It's an old clip, so there's a few mullets.

The music at the MacArena could be marketed in compilation disks.

I've done this as a spin-off of the old Arena Rock CDs.

HHMUSIC.jpg

This is a really cool, realistic concept. As others have said, I think that the jerseys could use a little bit of work. I really like all of the logos that you have created so I wouldn't change anything about them. However, I think that the cross on the back would look better on the sleeves. Also, adding some more red could help as well. Last, I think a new, more Celtic number would improve it as well.

spacer.png

Those sweaters... :wub: :wub:

Seriously great work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The execution is terrific, but my gripe remains that I feel there's a Maritime culture altogether separate from Scottish culture, and it would be better to play up the former than the latter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived