Halifax Highlanders

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though... was this really necessary?

read the 1st page you :censored:

No it absolutely wasn't. I think Cody21 owes you an apology for that one.

mockba im sorry.it just that i was angry for you thinking i was threadjacking.i'll post it up again.

HalifaxHighlanders.png

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Though... was this really necessary?

read the 1st page you :censored:

No it absolutely wasn't. I think Cody21 owes you an apology for that one.

mockba im sorry.it just that i was angry for you thinking i was threadjacking.i'll post it up again.

HalifaxHighlanders.png

Whoa...I really like the white one. That's pretty sweet...(although the numbers are upside-down on the one side)

Nice work.

I will upload ones that didn't make the cut. im also changing that yellow jersey.i just realized it looks terrible with the set.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

First of all..Have a happy New Year!

Secondly, I was looking for a perfect reason to do up an all-plaid sweater, when BINGO!....

The Winter Classic rolls around. Would this be the ultimate WC sweater or what?!

wicl.jpg

...Just like a bunch of guys in their lumberjack jackets out playin' some shinny on the pond.

Sometimes, the starting goalie's mask becomes as much a symbol of his team as the logo or the uniforms.

As a long-suffering Leafs fan, I remember the Cujo and Belfour years when their well known buckets became team icons.

Again the Highlanders theme provides a plethora (that's right, I said plethora) of elements to use in creating a unique mask.

I did up a few examples...

Mask #1 is a crisp, fairly plain design using the St. Andrew's cross, with some subtle thistle leaves and celtic stuff:

mask1.jpg

Mask #2 features the rampant lion on the sides with a celtic knot front and centre.

The lion's tail-ends give the impression of a fierce set of eyes from the front:

mask2.jpg

Mask #3 is more of an airbrushed mural style, featuring the Highlander Guardian and the same celtic knot design as #2:

mask3.jpg

You could use the plaid straps (featured on #1) on all (or not)...

The Nessie Goalie Mascot would make an interesting helmet...

How about an all-plaid mask?...The possibilities are many.

Ah oui oui! I do wonder what the pants and helmet would look like to match that. On another note the gold trimming really brings the lion to life, what if you made the numbers gold too instead of white, would there be legibility issues?

Midway.png

The single coloured lion looks much better. The all-plaid sweater looks very good on the computer, I wonder if it would look as good in real life.

I've really enjoyed following this concept, you sure have put a lot of work into it. When-ever I think there is nothing else you can add, you post something new.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I've really enjoyed following this concept, you sure have put a lot of work into it. When-ever I think there is nothing else you can add, you post something new.

Thanks Grant. I think it's a sickness.

In the previous thread my arena name didn't get a lot of love, but I'm stickin' with it.

Like the team, the venue will be a venture involving the same 3 founding groups: Halifax, Nova Scotia and the "MacNadians".

The building will have a strong Celtic/Maritime/Scottish feel to it.

So...where else would a team coined the "Highlanders" play, but in......The MacArena. ( I'm aware of the name's similarity to the latin "Macarena". That's part of the sick humour from the aforementioned sickness).

The "MacArena" could be shortened to the "Mac" for promotional purposes.

Here's a couple of applications of the new MacArena logo.

macarena.jpg

This has been one of the best if not THE best single team concept I've seen on the boards!

The primary logo is clever and modern, but still classic. I love the use of the traditional symbols and icons, from the thistles, the knotwork, to the pattern.

I think what seals the deal is your presentation. Top f---ing notch, man! Very Professional(with a captital P)!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

This has been one of the best if not THE best single team concept I've seen on the boards!

The primary logo is clever and modern, but still classic. I love the use of the traditional symbols and icons, from the thistles, the knotwork, to the pattern.

I think what seals the deal is your presentation. Top f---ing notch, man! Very Professional(with a captital P)!

Wow...Thanks Julius. Much appreciated.

Just an aside; These guys in the following video are classic "Highlanders Nation" material.

Hailing from British Columbia, I get the sense that they would dropkick "Dropkick Murphys" arse.

(Some guys should just keep their shirts on.)

Up next...The Grand Finale.

Archived