The NFL: "My Way"

mbannon92

So, as many of you may remember, last fall I redesigned the entire NFL based on what I thought Nike might do in 2012. However, since then I've improved a lot, and looking back I felt that I could do a lot better. So, I decided to do another Nike NFL redesign, but this time I channeled my inner Sinatra and did it "my way." Essentially, I approached this project as if I had complete control over every aspect of the uniforms for every team. So, some traditional teams kept traditional looks while some were brought into the 21st century, some modern teams turned back the clock, and others simply in need of a makeover were given one. To give you all an idea of my thinking, here's a list of rules/changes I put into place:

- Every team uses the same template, which combines features from the Pro Combat and "next best" Nike templates (the one that Stanford, OU, Georgia, and Florida use, among others).

- NO FLYWIRE (yes, I'm looking at you Speed Machine template).

- Nike logo above the NOB, to get it out of the way and prevent team logos from popping up there (one of my biggest pet peeves)

- ONLY 3 combinations for each team: home, road, and an alternate to be worn up to 2 times per year. I did this to simplify and solidify the looks of each team.

- Teams are allowed to have an alternate helmet design for the alternate uniform set.

- No leotard looks (for the most part).

- Bigger wordmarks on the front of jerseys (because what's the point of having them if you can barely see them).

So, without further adieu, here are the teams posted by division:

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: Home Road Alt

Miami Dolphins: Home Road Alt

New England Patriots: Home Road Alt

New York Jets: Home Road Alt

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys: Home "Road" Alt

New York Giants: Home Road Alt

Philadelphia Eagles: Home Road Alt

Washington Redskins: Home Road Alt Logos

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens: Home Road Alt

Cincinnati Bengals: Home Road Alt

Cleveland Browns: Home Road Alt

Pittsburgh Steelers: Home Road Alt

NFC North

Chicago Bears: Home Road Alt

Detroit Lions: Home Road Alt

Green Bay Packers: Home Road Alt

Minnesota Vikings: Home Road Alt

AFC South

Houston Texans: Home Away Alt

Indianapolis Colts: Home Away Alt

Jacksonville Jaguars: Home Away Alt

Tennessee Titans: Home Away Alt

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons: Home Road Alt

Carolina Panthers: Home Road Alt

New Orleans Saints: Home Road Alt

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Home Road Alt

AFC West

Denver Broncos: Home Road Alt

Kansas City Chiefs: Home Road Alt Logos

Oakland Raiders: Home Road Alt

San Diego Chargers: Home Road Alt

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals: Home Road Alt

San Francisco 49ers: Home Road Alt

Seattle Seahawks: Home Road Alt

St. Louis Rams: Home Road Alt

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: Home Road Alt

I like the direction the Bills went with their unis this year, but I wanted to incorporate the logo more. So I kept the tapered striping on the helmet and added similar striping to the sleeves and pants. Also got rid of the extraneous logos that litter their current set and gave the road...BLUE PANTS!!! The standing bison throwback is the alt.

Miami Dolphins: Home Road Alt

The Dolphins are similar to what I did in my first NFL redesign. The sunburst from the logo is now on the sleeves, and a new logo, the sunburst with an "M" inside, is on the pants. I kept the dropshadow numbers because I like them happy.gif

New England Patriots: Home Road Alt

For the Patriots I went with a more, well, Patriotic look. I eliminated silver, going with a white helmet and pants. The sleeves feature a sublimated stripe pattern (13 on each sleeve counting the negative space) and the pants feature a stripe similar to the one from their original Pat Patriot set. The alternate is the much-clamored-for red jersey.

New York Jets: Home Road Alt

For the Jets I went back to their 80s/90s look, with a slightly lighter green and the old italic "JETS" logo. I really think this makes for a stronger identity than the generic football logo. I made a semi-custom number font to match the logo, and added sleeve and pant striping that mimics the jet streaking across the top of the logo. Lastly, the alt features the first alternate helmet of the series, a white one to complete the "whiteout" look.

I love the pats and the jets! But yeah, the Bills alt is their road link.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That's one of my favorite Jets concepts I've seen here! The stripes are really, really neat. Everything flows well. Great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The pants on the Dolphins set needs some striping and the sunburst on the jersey is missing something...maybe a "M" in the middle. The Patriots white helmet is okay, I hate the white pants for them but the striping is good. The Jets piping on the pants is good, I just wish the lines were thicker. The Bills, well it is similar to what they have now and I think it is okay to say the least.

The Dolphins and Jets really need some striping on the helmet. They are just too plain.

spacer.png

YES!

Great to see you do an NFL thread, really looking forward to the series. I always envy the fact you have the patience to complete multiple teams and then post them. I'm always so impatient...

PATS- I like this set, very simple. Agree with the move to remove silver, as I did. Not keen on the subliminal stripes with numbers on the shoulders. I think it'd look better with them on the same section. Maybe continue the stripes along the shoulders. The pants are a good interpretation, but not my favorite "logo incorporated". Almost too much like your old Texans.

PHINS- Almost feels empty. Love the use of the sunburst, but the inside area could use something... like the M on the pants. That being said, the white pants are a little eh. The lack of green isn't great, and the logo feels empty. It looks much better on the green pants. Maybe add some outlines or green interior? Also, get rida that blue!

BILLS- LOVE the idea with the stripes. Can't believe I've never seen a concept with that before. Great idea. Don't love the throwback alt however. Also, you didn't edit the shoes, was that purposeful?

JETS- A great incorporation of the logo. Really like this set. Nice!

Great to see you back in the concepts forum, can't wait to see this whole thing through. Don't tell me you've already finished the whole league? ^_^

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Very nice work so far. Honestly, the highlights for me are the pant stripes for the Pats and Jets-- excellent use of their identities to create some modern stripe designs. My only gripe is the Dolphins' shoulders, they seem 'blank' without anything inside the sunbursts-- though I'm not sure what you could add there that wouldn't make it feel like it was too much. Maybe an 'M'?

Great work overall, can't wait to see the next division.

Bills:

Home and road are perfect. The alternate is pretty similar to the home but it does not look bad at all. No complaints.

Dolphins:

I love the sun around the sleeves. Very creative. The pants are a little bit boring and I would have given them and orange alt but the white with teal pants looks fine.

Patriots:

Just what the Pats should look like. As a Patriots fan, I would be very happy if my team took the field in these next season. Great job.

Jets:

This is the only one that I don't really like. I think their current look is much better and these look a little dated. Also, with the white helmet on the monochrome white alt, they don't even look like the same team.

Overall, this is great work and the quality and presentation is fantastic. I definetely look forward to seeing more of this series!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Okay I'm a 6'2, 200 pound freshman "high school"

I run the mile in 6-7 minuites I have very fast feet but doesn't lean into my hits sometimes

and I come off the ball a bit slow but I. Can out run moslty any lineman and I have tremendous hands, and I can jump and touch the rum of ab average basketball hoop, and I can show up to a game but sometimes I can be off. The worst thong is I hate to practice? Please help

Okay I'm a 6'2, 200 pound freshman "high school"

I run the mile in 6-7 minuites I have very fast feet but doesn't lean into my hits sometimes

and I come off the ball a bit slow but I. Can out run moslty any lineman and I have tremendous hands, and I can jump and touch the rum of ab average basketball hoop, and I can show up to a game but sometimes I can be off. The worst thong is I hate to practice? Please help

You can start by paying attention in English class better.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived