The NFL: "My Way"

mbannon92

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravens - I like it very much, nice job matching the helmet striping with the pants striping. Only one pair of pants keep things simple.

Bengals - I like these as well, I'm not positive about having the bengal head logo on the pants, but I understand why you did it. Thats close to about as good as its going to get for the Bengals with that kind of uniform template.

Browns - I enjoy this set, I've been trying to come up with a concept for the Browns and it includes the orange pants as well. But it feels incomplete to me without at least an alternate pair of brown pants. Maybe thats just me.

Steelers - My least favorite of the four, I don't know if I really mind the sublimated steel thing, but it just feels like a non pro element to the uniform, almost to gimmicky. Also I don't like the numbers placed on the front of the helmet stripe, just doesn't work to me.

Overall these are really good sets, and my favorites go down in the order above probably. Well done. Interested in seeing what comes next!

Ravens - I'm on the fence about using that alternate logo instead of the shield and I've never been a fan of the shadows in the numbers but this is miles ahead of what they use now. Solid look

Bengals - Clean, I think Bengal head might look better under the collar.

Browns - Great set. There might not be room to squeeze in the brown pants but they need to use those more.

Steelers - As mentioned before the numbers in the helmet stripe make it look busy and there needs to be more white in there.

This series looks good so far and I'm curious to see what you do with the Vikings, Jaguars, and Broncos. And I trust you won't mess with the Bears B)

Midway.png

Alright, I think I'll go back and change the Steelers helmet to how it is now, with a thinner stripe and white numbers on either side. I'm keeping the stripes as is though. I see no problem with no white in the stripes. No one criticized the Giants unis for having all red sleeve stripes, and the throwback has the same striping.

For the Browns, I'm just not a fan of the brown pants. Also I don't like it when uniform sets have different colored helmet, jersey, and pants.

Thanks for the feedback!

For the Browns, I'm just not a fan of the brown pants. Also I don't like it when uniform sets have different colored helmet, jersey, and pants.

I generally feel the same way, but I think that the Browns are one of the few exceptions.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

NFC North

Chicago Bears: Home Road Alt

Not much change for my Bears. Aside from moving the TV numbers up to the shoulders, I went with sleeve striping inspired by 2010s throwback unis for both home sets to be more consistent with the road striping.

Detroit Lions: Home Road Alt

At first I went really modern with the Lions (including an anthracite alternate), but after thinking about I decided to go more classic. While the new logo, numbers, and wordmark stay, black is gone. I also made a new sleeve striping pattern, which I think is pretty sharp. The alternate is the classic Thanksgiving Day set.

Green Bay Packers: Home Road Alt

As with the Bears, there's not much change for Green Bay. Also like the Bears, the one change is to the sleeve striping. I just made it more consistent with the helmet and pants striping. The alternate is a better throwback, based on the 1940s/Don Hutson era unis. (And also featured in 1995 for the NFL's 75th Anniversary.)

Minnesota Vikings: Home Road Alt

For the Vikings I went with sort of a modernized throwback. I went back to the classic braisher stripes on the pants and shoulder loops, but tapered them to a point to give them a modern look and go with the horns.

Bears: I like the striping change here...I like how simple it is. The outlines that they currently have on their stripes are a bit much IMO.

Lions: You did too much with the striping here. That's really all. I really wish you would've gone with the modern look with the Lions since they are a fairly young team.

Packers: I can't really decide on this one. I like the Packers current look, but I like your version too. Definitely like this throwback though.

Vikings: Not liking this at all. Sorry. It just screams Panthers to me for some reason.

Untitled.png

Bears: Simple, but nice. Striping change is good.

Lions; Big downgrade IMO. You really should've gone modern with a young team, and I think the black is a nice trim color for them.

Packers: Solid update. The one thing I don't like about their uniforms now is the huge shoulder stripes, so sizing them down was a good move.

Vikings: Great job! This is exactly what I hope Nike does with them when they take over!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Bears look very good. Classic look.

The Lions aren't great imo. I'd love to see your modern look. I think the black helps the white and silver pop so much more. I can barely even see the blue between the silvers on the sleeves.

The Packers lok good. Classic look. Maybe have a collar stripe?

Vikings... alright. I always hated the way the three colors looked with their scheme. I regret going throwbackish. Modern could work better.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Bears: Minor update, but one for the better.

Packers: Ditto, though I think space between the stripes may look better still. It breaks up the color a little more. Maybe try it on the helmet and pants instead of the other way around?

Vikings: I actually like this. Modern look, but a good one. It keeps the elements from their old Reebok uni and moves them to Nike's cut without looking forced. The stripes say 'horn' to me, so I think that's pretty on-point.

Now, my Lions: I really am not digging it, man. I see a lot of concepts that accuse the Lions of BFBS and remove it from their scheme. I know they added it late in the game, but I think it adds depth to the uniforms and makes various elements pop. Not really the white and silver, but the Honolulu Blue. I also may be a minority in this, but I miss the black alts. While I appreciate our old look, it is stuck in the 90's for me: a time that we've spent trying to get over for a long time (yes, we had Barry, and then we had a WHOLE bunch of losing). I think the Lions (youngest offense and 9th youngest defense in the NFL) are ripe for a modern-classic update. I'd welcome it with open arms if it happened in real life. So, let's see some anthracite/modern styling! :)

NFC North

Chicago Bears: Home Road Alt

Not much change for my Bears. Aside from moving the TV numbers up to the shoulders, I went with sleeve striping inspired by 2010s throwback unis for both home sets to be more consistent with the road striping.

Detroit Lions: Home Road Alt

At first I went really modern with the Lions (including an anthracite alternate), but after thinking about I decided to go more classic. While the new logo, numbers, and wordmark stay, black is gone. I also made a new sleeve striping pattern, which I think is pretty sharp. The alternate is the classic Thanksgiving Day set.

Green Bay Packers: Home Road Alt

As with the Bears, there's not much change for Green Bay. Also like the Bears, the one change is to the sleeve striping. I just made it more consistent with the helmet and pants striping. The alternate is a better throwback, based on the 1940s/Don Hutson era unis. (And also featured in 1995 for the NFL's 75th Anniversary.)

Minnesota Vikings: Home Road Alt

For the Vikings I went with sort of a modernized throwback. I went back to the classic braisher stripes on the pants and shoulder loops, but tapered them to a point to give them a modern look and go with the horns.

Personally, I like all these. They all look good to me, especially the Lions. You were able to make connection between their current uniforms to the pre-black uniforms. As for how to deal with what others' dislikes with Detroit uniforms, maybe darken the silver and/or add an outline around the jersey number (silver w/ white outline or the opposite)

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Approval on the Bears! The subtle stripes adjustment is exactly what I thought they needed fixed but it's weird seeing the numbers on the shoulders. Though with Nike's cut I expect to see it that way next year.

I don't think I have anything to say about the Lions that already hasn't been said.

I don't think there's anything that can be done to save the Packers' atrocious uniforms. All kidding aside, the sleeve stripes are too simple but that alt is spectacular!

The Vikes set looks pretty good but IMO purple pants>>>white pants for the primary roads

Midway.png

Cowboys- Fine, not much more to say. Don't love the striping styles, but whatever.

Eagles- Never liked your Eagles concepts from the previous thread, and not really digging these either. Emphasis on white over silver is my main gripe.

Giants- Like the home, not the away (more blue!). LOVE the alternate. Great idea.

Redskins- Ah well. The Redskins. For one, don't like the gold you use. Never have ^_^ . The sleeve stripes are nice, and I love that you kept the good old asymmetrical stripes. The logos really don't do it for me though. The W, circle, and arrow are so minimalist (sans serif, no jagged edges, etc.) compared to the extremely detailed feathers in both logos. Also a couple questions: 1. Why all red instead of a gold pants away alternate? All red has gotten such negativity in the past... 2. Three sock styles?

I don't mind the Redskins color scheme but that "W" logo is just unfit for professional use. It's a take on Utah's now abandoned logo. The "W" doesn't look good and is a very weak attempt at a logo. Update the current Indian head logo with the new colors or go with the spear, but this politically-correct attempt to make the logo non-offensive to the few whiners just degrades the quality of the team's look.

87Redskins.png

Cowboys- Fine, not much more to say. Don't love the striping styles, but whatever.

Eagles- Never liked your Eagles concepts from the previous thread, and not really digging these either. Emphasis on white over silver is my main gripe.

Giants- Like the home, not the away (more blue!). LOVE the alternate. Great idea.

Redskins- Ah well. The Redskins. For one, don't like the gold you use. Never have ^_^ . The sleeve stripes are nice, and I love that you kept the good old asymmetrical stripes. The logos really don't do it for me though. The W, circle, and arrow are so minimalist (sans serif, no jagged edges, etc.) compared to the extremely detailed feathers in both logos. Also a couple questions: 1. Why all red instead of a gold pants away alternate? All red has gotten such negativity in the past... 2. Three sock styles?

I don't mind the Redskins color scheme but that "W" logo is just unfit for professional use. It's a take on Utah's now abandoned logo. The "W" doesn't look good and is a very weak attempt at a logo. Update the current Indian head logo with the new colors or go with the spear, but this politically-correct attempt to make the logo non-offensive to the few whiners just degrades the quality of the team's look.

First of all, if you go back and read my description the W had NOTHING to do with political correctness. I feel that the Indian head is outdated and thought the W would be a good replacement. However, looking back, it was a pretty lazy attempt to update the logo. After I get through this series I think I'll go back and revise the whole set and put together an identity package.

And FYI, Utah hasn't abandoned their drum and feather logo. Source.

Also, I have a couple ideas in mind for the Lions. I'll post both when I finish them and see what you guys think.

Archived