The NFL: "My Way"

mbannon92

These are all great. My favourites would be the Vikings and the Jets. Goob job!

(EDIT: 300th post)

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at both North divisions I'd say you're nailing most of them. You've been quite conservative in most cases though, while the more unique concepts are more hit/miss.

I personally like where you went with the Vikings (but I also like their current set which is loathed around here). The Steelers concept looks good but I agree that the steel knob things are on the gimmicky side. I'd imagine them being subtle enough in a real life uniform to work though. The only concept I actually disliked was the Lions, because I really love what they have now and it would be a downgrade to change. The Bengals are perfect though, as it takes everything I love about the current set and drops all the stupid crap.

Really like your work.

Alright, Detroit update one.

Home Road Alt

This set is inspired by the Lions' old logos (here and here). The double stripes mirror these logos and also tie in to the Motor City theme. The "racing stripes" are a good look for a young, fast team IMO. And, of course, there's an all black alt.

So what do you guys think? Better? Worse? Lemme know.

Makes me like the old ones more, honestly. I like the idea behind it, but the translation isn't really doing it for me. The sharp contrast between the front and back make it look like two different jerseys IMO, but I think you've got something with the whole 'racing stripe' idea. Maybe a subtle way to work that in and keep it clean and modern would be the best route to take.

It's definitely thinking creatively and I like it but I'm not sure this is one of those looks that would stand the test of time. I'd keep the racing stripes and reduce the black to a trim and it should help simplify the design. Gee you really opened up a box of possibilities with this one

Midway.png

While I'm not opposed to Detroit using black, I don't like the way it's used here. First of all, scrap the black alternate. Secondly, all of the black striping would look better if it was powder blue anyway. Also, the one thing that holds me back from loving the Lions set is their number font. I would use simpler block font for Detroit. If you do that, then you will have a fantastic concept.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I think it would look better if we could see the side angle of the jerseys. Vertical shoulder stripes don't translate well on this template but I won't dismiss the design. I would agree that using blue in place of black on the roads is the way to go and the black alternate is less than necessary.

First you guys tell me you want a bunch of black, then you tell me I have too much...I can't win!

I relegated black to trim in this update. Version 1 is the same design, and Version 2 is a little different.

Version 1:

Home Road Alt

Version 2:

Home Road Alt

If these are unpopular I'll probably just stick with the original set. School's starting up and I just don't have any more ideas for the Lions.

Can you post what you have for the Colts? I am guessing it will look very traditional. I mentioned this in another thread, I wanna see a 2010 Boise State Pro Combat influence for an Alt uniform. This works well into the Colts scheme. Think of it as "Bizarro" Colts. Helmet and pants now blue, jersey silver instead of white.

6719930673_92aba0978b_z.jpg

1-18-2012 8-13-00 AM by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

I think I like v2 more. I like the inclusion of black, which is what I missed about the original set. The only issue I have with v2 is that the black isn't very spread out. Like it's on the facemasks and numbers, but nowhere else. I don't know how you could add more without changing the purpose of your design, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, since I can't figure out the Lions I'm just going to keep the original uniforms and move on. I might come back to them at the end.

AFC South

Houston Texans: Home Away Alt

The first major change you'll notice here is the WHITE helmet. Many have clamored for this for years, and IMO it just looks a lot cleaner and makes the logo pop more. In terms of jersey design, the sleeves mimic the logo, blue and red separated by a tapered white stripe. And I know everyone seems to hate the no-stripe pants, but I think it works here. It mimics the helmet, and I feel that the logo gives the pants enough interest. And then of course we have the battle red alt.

Indianapolis Colts: Home Away Alt

Not much change for the Colts, as not much is needed. Just gave the helmet a double stripe to match the rest of the set. The alt is the throwback jersey they wore a few years ago.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Home Away Alt

For this Jags concept I tried to bring together the best of both worlds. I like the current number font and wordmark better than the original. It seems a little more tough to me. I compensated for that, though, by bringing back the leaping jaguar on the sleeves, which is encased by two stripes, another nod to the original unis. The stripes also show up on the pants, which are all black to match the helmet. And, of course, I added in more gold.

Tennessee Titans: Home Away Alt

The Titans made a great decision when they went to the Carolina blue jerseys full time. However, they really :censored: it up by pairing it with navy pants. I fixed this by getting rid of the navy pants all together. My Titans are a Carolina blue team, as were the Oilers. In terms of design, I removed the flame from the logo (credit to Buc for the idea) and matched the outlines with the striping, which is similar to the old Oilers pattern. The helmet and pants feature traditional stripes, while the jersey striping is more modern and similar to the current design.

Love the Texans! When a jersey is actually inspired by the logo it's great. I think the wordmark above the number would improve this though.

Not much you can change on the Colts. Way to keep it classic.

Jags aren't my fave, but they still look pretty good. I think it's the pants that I don't really like.

Not feeling the design of the jersey for the Titans. That's really all I can say.

The entire AFC South is phenomenal. I love the new Texan's helmets, which is what the logo was made for. The Colt's look classy as always and the Jaguars are a perfect blending of eras. The Titans are great as well, I love the pants and helmet striping, along with the flameless logo.

spacer.png

Archived