Under Armour adding a B1G school

Ry

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing it's going to be one of the Adidas schools. I can't see Nike letting UA take one of their schools.

UA has already stolen Texas Tech, Maryland, Hawaii, and South Florida from Nike. Granted that Maryland has a special UA connection and none of those are high-prestige schools, but I don't think Nike would break the bank to hang onto a school like Illinois, Northwestern, or Minnesota.

AroxM.jpgG1ixg.jpgHSqLu.jpg4v9gF.jpg

I just realized that all of those schools uniforms were better before UA took over.

If by better, you mean worse, then yes.

So you think Hawaii's currnet uniforms are better than when they were with Nike?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm guessing it's going to be one of the Adidas schools. I can't see Nike letting UA take one of their schools.

UA has already stolen Texas Tech, Maryland, Hawaii, and South Florida from Nike. Granted that Maryland has a special UA connection and none of those are high-prestige schools, but I don't think Nike would break the bank to hang onto a school like Illinois, Northwestern, or Minnesota.

AroxM.jpgG1ixg.jpgHSqLu.jpg4v9gF.jpg

I just realized that all of those schools uniforms were better before UA took over.

If by better, you mean worse, then yes.

So you think Hawaii's currnet uniforms are better than when they were with Nike?

No, but I think their last set, the first UA produced, was better.

6fQjS3M.png

Kinda surprising that it's them considering Adidas was making special uniforms for them this season.

I'm not positive, but Northwestern may have still been buying their uniforms from adidas (normally contract schools get free equipment). I think the special uniform was kind of a last-ditch effort to convince them to stay on.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just saw the news that it's Northwestern. Boo. Adidas finally gives us a good football uniform set -basketball is okay; they've never been great- and now we have to move to UA. Based on their designs for other schools it could get ugly.

Blame the AD. I assume he see's UA's "uniqueness" and advertising to help back his "Chicago's Big Ten School" Campaign

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Shocked. I thought Wisconsin would be prime for UA since they have a big fan following and are actually shown on TV. NW just isn't big enough to warrant games on TV unless they can find a way to win the Big Ten soon. Curious to see what their uni's will look like.

Under Armour and Northwestern University Athletics Form Multiyear Partnership

Kinda surprising that it's them considering Adidas was making special uniforms for them this season.

I'm not positive, but Northwestern may have still been buying their uniforms from adidas (normally contract schools get free equipment). I think the special uniform was kind of a last-ditch effort to convince them to stay on.

They were not buying them, Northwestern had an all-sport deal with Adidas, just as they now do with Under Armour. UA overpaid, in my opinion. Northwestern apparel represented less than 2% of Adidas' licensed college sales. The school was also very opposed to new special uniforms and changes to drive merchandise sales. The special uniforms this year came after years of attempts by Adidas to roll out something different.

With those factors in place, Adidas could barely justify renewing at the previous number. They had the contractual right to match any offer from UA and declined.

Shocked. I thought Wisconsin would be prime for UA since they have a big fan following and are actually shown on TV. NW just isn't big enough to warrant games on TV unless they can find a way to win the Big Ten soon. Curious to see what their uni's will look like.

Actually as a Big Ten school all Northwestern conference games can be seen on TV. Thank you Big Ten Network.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually as a Big Ten school all Northwestern conference games can be seen on TV. Thank you Big Ten Network.

lol, I meant on the main national football channels.

Wow, when I first heard the rumor I guessed Northwestern. The only reason I guessed this was because of the close relationship between UA and the Cubs and the geographic proximity of Evanston to Wrigley. So I guess my wild-stab-in-the-dark actually turned out to be correct.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

lol, I meant on the main national football channels.

BTN has sufficient market penetration for UA's purposes.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived