NFL Week 15

Zachary15

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Broncos going to be wearing those awful monochromes they've been wearing lately?

I hate this look

20110114__Broncos-Chargers~p1.jpg

I believe this is their best looking uniform. That orange on the sides just "pops" on TV. I love them and hopefully they continue to wear them twice a year starting next year.

The Broncos are in monochrome today... Heck yes!

The Cardinals are wearing this beauty again this week. It that 3 weeks in a row?

St+Louis+Rams+v+Arizona+Cardinals+CTgfDaug3wtl.jpg

This is at least the fourth time Denver has gone monochrome this year.

They've worn orange twice.

This is their seventh home game. In other words, the max amount of times they've gone with standard blue/white has been....once?

I don't know what they wore in the ambiguous game, right now. But they wore orange against Detroit and Oakland, and monochrome against SD, NYJ, CHI, and now New England.

2011-12-18_14-57-47_392.jpg

Weatherford with wedding ring.

Dan Bailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick do the same. I noticed Bailey last night on the opening kick-off.

610x.jpg

I always wondered what the Bucs unis would look like with red socks. Aqib Talib, Mike Williams, and one other sold my curiosity because they wore all red socks (looked bad).

Why is it, it seems to be always the felons that have to "look different"?

You never see a offensive guard, wearing white shoes (when his team is a black shoe team) or his socks pulled up to his groin. Its always the nimrods.

I am sure the NFL will enjoy their generous holiday donation though, for their stupidity.

I literally jumped for joy when I changed the channel to the Rams game. What do I see? Royal throwback unis. The Rams really need to brind it back full time.

No, they still look as dated as they did 12 years ago.

They are the ST. LOUIS RAMS. Enough with the Los Angelas stuff. Want to wear those royal blue and yeller duds, move back to LA.

Are the Broncos going to be wearing those awful monochromes they've been wearing lately?

I hate this look

I believe this is their best looking uniform. That orange on the sides just "pops" on TV. I love them and hopefully they continue to wear them twice a year starting next year.

The Cardinals are wearing this beauty again this week. It that 3 weeks in a row?

That Cardinal look is so bad it almost makes the Bronco mono-mess tolerable.

I hate this look

I find the Cardinals all-red to be more annoying than bad. All I see is floating white helmets when they go monochrome. Zero balance and the helmet looks so out of place.

If Jets wear all white on Iggles green and white, it'll be pretty good.

(Pic from 2007, colors will prob be reversed)

Image Redacted

It'll look like this:

(image)

And it'll not be a good uni matchup.

The Jets went white/green instead

e61b7372c0ae49dd7264c288a1d67fc0-getty-135969088.jpg

I literally jumped for joy when I changed the channel to the Rams game. What do I see? Royal throwback unis. The Rams really need to brind it back full time.

a6cc4836ffa4ba4aa0f3c2d4dffe7348-getty-135962474.jpg

I always wondered what the Bucs unis would look like with red socks. Aqib Talib, Mike Williams, and one other sold my curiosity because they wore all red socks (looked bad). I would like to see it when they wear all white though (with the large red stripes and red numbers). I know, it's worthless without pics, but I refuse to relive that game as a bucs fan and in my fantasy playoffs when I ran Blount and my opponent had Romo.

033daa37dd37146f0c6a08c1cf1344a8-getty-135934322.jpg

Expecting a fine in 3...2...1...

They are the ST. LOUIS RAMS. Enough with the Los Angelas stuff. Want to wear those royal blue and yeller duds, move back to LA.

I call bull :censored:. The Los Angeles look is classic, as opposed to the current look, which is craaaazy dated.

Some pretty good looking games this week...

Best

1. Seahawks - Bears: Best home look in the NFL vs. probably my favorite road look. Doesn't get any better.

Seahawks_Bears_Football_98336_game.jpg

2. Packers - Chiefs: Two of the very best looks in the league. We rarely refer to the Chiefs look as "classic" like we do with other teams. We should, because it is.

Packers_Chiefs_Football_98244_game.jpg

3. Lions - Raiders: Detroit's look isn't perfect by any means, but when paired up with the perfection of the Raiders, it works. Very nice looking game.

Lions_Raiders_Football_98441_game.jpgLions_Raiders_Football_98502_game.jpg

4. Titans - Colts: Not bad at all. They have a great road look so why can't the Titans manage to come up with a decent home look?

Titans_Colts_Football_98167_game.jpg

5: Cowboys - Buccaneers: This one is here mostly because of how great Tampa Bay looks in this uniform combo.

Cowboys_Buccaneers_Football_98118_game.jpg

Worst:

1. Ravens - Chargers: The font for font's sake bowl. Add in those stupid Chargers shoulder stripes, and here we are.

Ravens_Chargers_Football_98555_game.jpg

Some pretty good looking games this week...

Best

1. Seahawks - Bears: Best home look in the NFL vs. probably my favorite road look. Doesn't get any better.

Seahawks_Bears_Football_98336_game.jpg

2. Packers - Chiefs: Two of the very best looks in the league. We rarely refer to the Chiefs look as "classic" like we do with other teams. We should, because it is.

Packers_Chiefs_Football_98244_game.jpg

3. Lions - Raiders: Detroit's look isn't perfect by any means, but when paired up with the perfection of the Raiders, it works. Very nice looking game.

Lions_Raiders_Football_98441_game.jpgLions_Raiders_Football_98502_game.jpg

4. Titans - Colts: Not bad at all. They have a great road look so why can't the Titans manage to come up with a decent home look?

5: Cowboys - Buccaneers: This one is here mostly because of how great Tampa Bay looks in this uniform combo.

Cowboys_Buccaneers_Football_98118_game.jpg

Worst:

1. Ravens - Chargers: The font for font's sake bowl. Add in those stupid Chargers shoulder stripes, and here we are.

Plus Oakland is just a great environment, makes games look good. I have no idea if that makes any sense.

They might well do that.

Plus Oakland is just a great environment, makes games look good. I have no idea if that makes any sense.

I think it's all the black in the crowd. I don't know... but I do agree with you.

I think Broncos/Patriots was easily the worst looking game in the NFL so far this week. I like the Broncos blue jerseys with white pants... but monochrome blue looks awful. And the Patriots... well, they're just a mess. I think both the Ravens and Chargers actually have pretty nice looks. Then again, I prefer unique number fonts.

Patriots_Broncos_Football_98467_game.jpg

I liked the Texans/Panthers game quite a bit. Not so much the Panthers, I guess, but I like the way the blue pops on their whites. The Texans, however, are the best looking team in the league in my opinion.

Panthers_Texans_Football_98265_game.jpg

I hate this look

1000x yes. Both teams with bad jerseys (or horrible in the case of the Cardinals) wore what is by far the worst look each one has. Thankfully next year, the mono navy crap (and each time we see navy, it will be mono as with the Titans after their change) will only appear twice. The orange jersey with white pants is by far the best possible look for them. I'm sure Nike will F it up by adding orange pants.:rolleyes:

I hate this look

I find the Cardinals all-red to be more annoying than bad. All I see is floating white helmets when they go monochrome. Zero balance and the helmet looks so out of place.

Technically they are not in monochrome because of the helmets, whereas Denver is in full monochrome....but I know one thing for sure, the Cardinals all-red look is the second best look in the NFL behind the Seahawks monochrome set.

033daa37dd37146f0c6a08c1cf1344a8-getty-135934322.jpg

Now that I've seen and have analyzed this juxtaposition (I've long been curious as to how red socks would look, myself), I can honestly, thoroughly, and unequivocally conclude the following: black socks > red socks. And it ain't even close. The red draws your eye...but too much of it can be glaring, such as is the case with Mike Williams back there. I never really realized it until now, just how effective the use of red is on both the Buccaneers' sets. (The one change I would like to see, though, would be pewter socks eith their white pants...probably more so the white-on-white than red-on-white, though.)

Lions_Raiders_Football_98502_game.jpg

I want to like this uniform. So bad. And in fact, I really do...but those teardrop numbers just kill it for me. I'm not saying they should switch back to basic block, but I've just never liked those, ever since they came out. Overall, though, they really did do a helluva job of incorporating the black in a way that's much more cohesive and nowhere NEAR as distracting as it was under Millen. In fact, this, considering the beautiful way the Honolulu blue and silver pop off each other, has actually shot up to the top of my favorite road looks in the league.

But again--those teardrop numbers...

Based on its own merit, I agree about the Titans' road look...it really does come together very nicely. As for their home getup, the best they had was the McNair/George era set. Pair that (white pants included) with this road look, and they'd be set.

I may be the only person on the planet who actually likes the Ravens' jersey numbers. If nothing else, at least they actually resemble the font they're based on (Matrix) and could work on their own, unlike the overmodified Agency crap that adorns the San Diego Power Rangers Chargers' getups. That said, based on color, that is a great look for the Chargers--but that's where it ends. Get some new numbers, do something about those shoulder stripes, and hell, sticlk a number up under the bolts on those helmets, and they might be on their way to something half-decent.

Add'l notes:

- Not sure when I realized this, but I...actually...really...LIKE the Broncos in monochrome guise. Probably the way the orange pops against the navy. That said, if the Broncos ever do get new uniforms, I won't miss these one bit. (And how ironic would a redesign be, considering it was Nike who designed that set in the first place?)

- There's no way around it...that Arizona Bloodclot set is all kinds of steaming-hot refried garbage. First, that helmet sticks out like a sore thumb, but the flat matte look adds nothing to, and in fact takes away from, the look--even more than the actual design of the uniform does...way too modern for its own good. I say they keep the logo and numbers (I've come around on those and have begun to like them), blow the rest up, and start over. (And if they do, can they PLEASE get a claret facemask along with it? They done already pissed on all their many years of history by going the uber-modern route...no need to hold onto the gray mask "just because".

Based on its own merit, I agree about the Titans' road look...it really does come together very nicely. As for their home getup, the best they had was the McNair/George era set. Pair that (white pants included) with this road look, and they'd be set.

When they break out their code blue at home, that is by far their best looking set:

chris-johnson-si.jpg

Indianapolis+Colts+v+Tennessee+Titans+Val5QF4frXtl.jpg

Nuordr, do you actually happen to like all these garish looks or do you claim so to be a contrarian? The only thing that keeps the above Titans look from being their worst is the possibility of the navy monochrome matched with navy socks. The Titans are a great example of a very good (but flawed) modern template which was crapped all over by giving the team too many options. I liked the Columbia jersey when it first came out, but after seeing it for several years, it is clear to me that the navy is far better. The Titans got their look right from the start and have been chipping away at it for the past ten years.

Archived