NFL Week 15

Zachary15

Nuordr, do you actually happen to like all these garish looks or do you claim so to be a contrarian? The only thing that keeps the above Titans look from being their worst is the possibility of the navy monochrome matched with navy socks. The Titans are a great example of a very good (but flawed) modern template which was crapped all over by giving the team too many options. I liked the Columbia jersey when it first came out, but after seeing it for several years, it is clear to me that the navy is far better. The Titans got their look right from the start and have been chipping away at it for the past ten years.

Yes I like all of these looks because it is known throughout these forums that I am big fan of monochrome and semi-monochrome. Some teams pull it off fantastically, while other do not. For instance these are my likes and dislikes:

Seahawks - Monochrome

Cardinals - Semi-Monochrome

Broncos - Monochrome

Bills(previous set) - Semi-Monochrome

Ravens (All-Black) - Monochrome

Jets - Semi-Monochrome

Texans - Blue Monochrome

Texans - Semi-Monochrome (red)

Falcons (previous set) monochrome (black)

Dislikes:

St. Louis Rams - Monochrome

Bills - All-White Monochrome (current set)

Dolphins - All-White Monochrome

Jets - All-White Monochrome

Redskins - Burgundy Monochrome

Saints - Semi-Monochrome

spacer.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looked awful from start to finish. Actually, it got worse as the game went on. Those Rams unis are so dated they're uncomfortable to watch and the Bengals are the Bengals. Enough has been said about their terrible uniforms.

405869_10150483043308416_90555643415_8719593_1902901001_n.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I disagree on the Rams gigs (I love those), but yes, the Bengals are terrible. I'm really hoping that Nike gives them a redesign this year but given that they're the Bengals, I don't have much hope of that unfortunately. The Bengals' best road look is easily their white pants with orange socks, which they rarely wear. I hate the black pants. I'd even be interested in seeing them get a set of orange pants as opposed to black (that could easily be awful though too).

9up7jm.png

If they could match the helmet color to the jersey color, those Rams uniforms would be sheer perfection. Now, speaking of "so dated they're uncomfortable to watch"...

steven_jackson-611.jpg

Seriously, those are horrendous, especially in that dark, cavernous dome of theirs.

x100000000000000 on every point.

9up7jm.png

I may be the only person on the planet who actually likes the Ravens' jersey numbers.

No. There are at least two of us.

This looked awful from start to finish. Actually, it got worse as the game went on. Those Rams unis are so dated they're uncomfortable to watch and the Bengals are the Bengals. Enough has been said about their terrible uniforms.

For what it's worth, my 10-year-old son liked the Rams throwbacks the second he saw them yesterday. He also liked the creamsicle Bucs last (?) week.

He has never commented on the Bengals uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I disagree on the Rams gigs (I love those), but yes, the Bengals are terrible. I'm really hoping that Nike gives them a redesign this year but given that they're the Bengals, I don't have much hope of that unfortunately. The Bengals' best road look is easily their white pants with orange socks, which they rarely wear. I hate the black pants. I'd even be interested in seeing them get a set of orange pants as opposed to black (that could easily be awful though too).

I wish they would remove the white underarm panels on the home and orange jersey and leave the rest alone. That is the only issue I have with the Bengals set.

spacer.png

I wish they would remove the white underarm panels on the home and orange jersey and leave the rest alone. That is the only issue I have with the Bengals set.

Personally I think the orange on the shoulders of the away set is unnecessary also. But yeah the underarm panels kill me. Hopefully Nike will at least standardize the panels if they keep them.

9up7jm.png

ESPN is using a 2007 image of Frank Gore to promote tonight's game

http://twitpic.com/7virxm

I noticed that. The uniform looked SO much better with numbers on the sleeves. Especially since they used the number move as an opportunity to... do nothing. At least if they would have moved the stripes up, it would be tolerable. Instead, they inexplicably moved the stripes down. Still, better for them to use this shot than one from the 2009 set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My god that Chiefs vs Packers game was beautiful. I'm solidly in the camp that the Chiefs look dated and would be served well by a modernization, but on the grass against the Packers, man did that look great. The contrast of the red vs the yellow and green was just great.

Also, yesterday was my first chance to see the Jets green pants live and in person, and I have to say that even though I already liked them, after seeing them live, I absolutely love them. That's in the top tier of road uniforms IMO. Overall a great looking game - one of the best traditional-yet-contemporary looks in the Eagles, vs a classic-yet-not dated look in the Jets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I almost gave that game the nod for worst of the week. The only thing that stopped me was that, as a "traditionalist", I couldn't bring myself to trash a throwback look. It seemed hypocritical or something. But yeah, that game looked awful. Those Rams throwbacks look cheap.

BB52Big.jpg

My thoughts in bold

I may be the only person on the planet who actually likes the Ravens' jersey numbers.

No. There are at least two of us.

Make that 3. The Ravens were never a block font team. Why should they be shoehorned into being one?

For what it's worth, my 10-year-old son liked the Rams throwbacks the second he saw them yesterday. He also liked the creamsicle Bucs last (?) week.

He has never commented on the Bengals uniforms.

Your son has great taste in uniforms. :)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I almost gave that game the nod for worst of the week. The only thing that stopped me was that, as a "traditionalist", I couldn't bring myself to trash a throwback look. It seemed hypocritical or something. But yeah, that game looked awful. Those Rams throwbacks look cheap.

I lean towards traditionalist on the uniform spectrum myself, but I can't like the home version of those Rams uniforms (I liked the roads because they were more balanced with their use of white, royal blue, and yellow (though I would've preferred a blue sleeve with a yellow horn to match the helmets)).

For me, there's not enough white on the jersey to settle down that color combo. The pants stripe sticks out because it doesn't match anything in the rest of the uniform and if the numbers were white instead of yellow, it'd look so much better. The yellow numbers are my biggest issue. As an exercise imagine the Packers green jerseys with yellow numbers. Gross right? Same thing with these Ram jams. There's just too much yellow without enough white to make this set look as good as it could. White numbers would balance the entire uniform.

I think if you're going to do the two-color thing, then do it all the way. Currently they use white names and a white stripe on the pants. Yellow names with a big bold pants stripe (ala the Saints or Steelers) would be preferrable. Right now, it's stuck in the middle.

I understand that they're throwbacks so they're trying to be accurate, though speaking of looking cheap, at least they arent't using historically accurate screenprinted numbers, but that's how I think they could be improved if on the off-chance they're ever brought back.

Just for the record, I prefer their current uniforms to the throwbacks. I was disappointed when I turned on the game saw the Rams in those things.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think if you're going to do the two-color thing, then do it all the way. Currently they use white names and a white stripe on the pants. Yellow names with a big bold pants stripe (ala the Saints or Steelers) would be preferrable. Right now, it's stuck in the middle.

Just for the record, I prefer their current uniforms to the throwbacks. I was disappointed when I turned on the game saw the Rams in those things.

Same here. Say what you will about the "drabness" of the Rams current look, but I think it's about as well executed an "update/modernization" as we've seen over the years.

Of course it's no secret what uniforms I think the Rams should be wearing... B)

This is how you do a two color look.

!BfLE5kw!mk~$(KGrHqUOKiUErzh3hD(4BL!K0wi7F!~~_35.JPGromangabrielpf-1.jpg1108d1253712701-interview-w-deacon-jones-sept-27-jersey-retired-rams-defense25.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I dislike the Rams throwback uniform. Navy blue helmets with royal blue jerseys is a bad look IMO. Same thing applies to the NY Gians throwback (LT era).

It always reminded me of when varsity football team would completely change their uniform colors, and hand down the previous set to JV. Leaving the JV team with helmets that don't match their jerseys and pants at all.

I've seen many complaints on this forum about teams using two shades of blue in their color scheme (mainly navy blue paired with sky blue), yet the Rams/Giants throwbacks seem to get a pass when it comes to this.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I used to love the Rams in blue and yellow but the more I see it, the more I realize it's not that great of a look. I don't necessarily like their jerseys now, but I think their helmets look much better with navy and gold than with yellow. Plus the mismatching blues is very annoying. I wouldn't mind royal blue and gold, though, especially if the blue on the helmets was more like the Giants use.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived