Team USA's New World Cup of Hockey Jerseys

Reaper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they don't suck...they don't rule but they don't suck. the crest is the main problem. the 96 WC uniform was better though :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think they look cool, but just make the crest bigger

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Guys, If dont know...those jerseys are supposed to represent USA Hockeys involvement in the first American Olympics in 1932 at Lake Placid. In the 1930s I dont think they were concerned about the size of the crest. I for one like the jersey very much.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Were the Nike Identity people so busy with the new Syarcuse "SU" logo that they could ony put three-and-a-half minute's thought into the USA hockey stuff?????

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I actually like them, yes the logo is small--but I think it works in giving a throwback feel, even if it may be an "imaginary" throwback--I have to agree with SHark on one thing--they should a have a tie up collar..

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

13029.jpgthis isnt an "imaginary throwback" thought up by nike, its a replica of the 1932 olympic wool sweater.

http://lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1939&auction=311

that being, i think it looks kinda funny here. The crest on the original was better proportioned because the sweaters were a lot tighter fitting. Simple lines also tend to look a lot better on woolen sweaters than on modern jerseys.

I'm curious about the rest of the uniform. Are they gonna wear white pants like the originals?

DEATH TO REEBOK

Here?s a link auctioning off a real game worn 1932 jersey: http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1939&auction=311

-It doesn?t have hem stripings. I was wrong. I went looking on NHLuniforms.com to look at the 1930?s NHL uniforms and all of them(expect for a couple of the early road uniforms that were plain white and had no striping anywhere, just a logo) had hem striping. I thought sleeve stripes with no hem stripes was a more recent thing.

-The logo has the Olympic rings, not USA, like in the Owens picture or on these new jerseys. Of course, it wouldn?t make much sense to have the rings on a W.C.o.H. jersey.

-On the 1932 jersey, there are no sleeve numbers, so the striping is on the upper arm where the numbers would be. On the 2004 jerseys, the striping is wisely moved down. This looks fine and is a good idea because the striping would not have been tall enough to contain the numbers. But if the designers can make this change, why not a few other minor ones? 1930?s sweaters and 2000?s jerseys are very different. Collars, overall size, crest size, and the addition of the aforementioned sleeve numbers make the jerseys different. The designers started to address this with the sleeve thing, but stopped short of finishing it. For starters, they should not have tried to recreate a sweater neck look. On the large, loose jerseys of today it just looks awkward. It would have looked better to just have a normal hockey collar in red and white. Nike should have done a jersey that reflects the ?32 one without trying to duplicate it. Jerseys are made differently and not recognizing it makes parts of the design look silly. This next one may be kind of a stretch, but I?m gonna say it anyways. In 1932, there wasn?t really padding under the uniform, so the surface area was less. Also, the uniforms were more form fitting, again reducing surface area from today?s uniforms. So then the small logo may have looked alright. But today, jerseys are large, so that tiny logo gets lost in this massive sea of blue. Therefore, they could have made the logo larger to address that. On the other hand, I can understand why they didn?t enlarge it, to keep more of that ?classic? feel.

This jersey would be a lot better if it didn?t have that dumb attempt at a 30?s collar on a modern jersey. Doesn?t work at all.

I?d buy a cap with the logo on it, but a jersey, no.

EDIT:Darnit, in the time it took me to write this long thing twice(i accidently deleted it after I finished it the first time) letterform posted the picture and made one of the same arguments I did. Oh well. Oh yeah. A tie up wouldn't be accurate. Tie ups weren't introduced until 1946 when he Canadiens wore them. I think a normal collar would be close enough to the originals and not a) have that awkard one and b)not have that forced retro feel some get from tie ups on uniforms in this day and age.

Man! Nike's logo is almost bigger... Maybe that's the point...

Here's a great example where Retro has gone just a little too far...

Has anyone seen a similar one (not sure how much older/recent) with an eagle on it, in white?

That would be better,

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Alright, in comparison to the 1932 jerseys nike appears to have done it right, i would have personally gone a different route by choosing a different team. But anyways they look to be right on. Heres the only pic of the team I could find so far. The problem is it's a little too small.

img5.jpg

Somebody get this larger.

Hold up didnt see that larger ones had already been found.

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Archived