Team USA's New World Cup of Hockey Jerseys

Reaper

They look like someone ripped the lettering off a Rangers sweater and stuck a shield on them... meh. Not bad, but not great either.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13029.jpgthis isnt an "imaginary throwback" thought up by nike, its a replica of the 1932 olympic wool sweater.

http://lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1939&auction=311

that being, i think it looks kinda funny here. The crest on the original was better proportioned because the sweaters were a lot tighter fitting. Simple lines also tend to look a lot better on woolen sweaters than on modern jerseys.

I'm curious about the rest of the uniform. Are they gonna wear white pants like the originals?

There was a reason I put "may be" in font of "imaginary"--because I knew if there was a jersey in any way similar to this new one, somebody here would be able to find it...

Good catch

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

one question: Did they really have to make the crest that flipping small?

Yea, so the Nike logo would stand out more! :wacko:

I have to echo some of the comments from above. Sure, you can be influenced by the 1932 design, but with some modernization. A better neckline (a tie neck would have been cool and trend-right) and a bit of an increase in size to the logo, along with perhaps (and personally recommended) a matching waist stripe would have made this a real winner.

As long as you are going to add sleeve numbers, why not take a few liberties elsewhere to improve the product?

Oh well, if you know me and my 100+ jersey collection, combined with the fact I have tickets to the games in St. Paul, means I'll be buying one sooner or later anyway. :hockeysmiley:

I hope I don't feel like I'm choking with that collar...

Now, what's Canada got in store for us??? :flagcanada:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

:flagcanada: Throw back to their last gold medal I hope, I love the 2002 jerseys, they shouldnt change... and I was saying that before the gold medal win... :flagcanada:

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

WTF!!!! These are horrible. Forget 3 1/2 minutes, 3 1/2 seconds is more like the time they put into these. This is a joke.

I smell new USA hockey concepts coming!!!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 2 months later...
I read somewhere on USA Hockey's site that these are just going to be an alternate, ala the Canadian "heritage" jerseys. Anyone else see that?

Sorry, to bring this back from the dead but Avenger is right. I just read on the NHL shop that these throwback unis will only be worn for 1 game during the World Cup. The 2002 Salt Lake unis will be the regular one.

13029.jpgthis isnt an "imaginary throwback" thought up by nike, its a replica of the 1932 olympic wool sweater.

that being, i think it looks kinda funny here. The crest on the original was better proportioned because the sweaters were a lot tighter fitting. Simple lines also tend to look a lot better on woolen sweaters than on modern jerseys.

I'm curious about the rest of the uniform. Are they gonna wear white pants like the originals?

There was a reason I put "may be" in font of "imaginary"--because I knew if there was a jersey in any way similar to this new one, somebody here would be able to find it...

Good catch

Is it just me or do those letters look the Red Sox ones? :therock:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This is downright embarrassing.

if they were going retro, why don't they go 1980 not 1932? nobody alive remembers 1932. I would have much rather seen 1980.

to the designer(s) of that awful jersey in the words of the weakest link lady, "you are the weakest link, good bye!" and Donald Trump from the Apprentice, "You're fired!". im sorry but there is nothing inspiring about this jersey.

forget logo resizing, how bout a total overhaul.

now a user a few post ahead of me, made a jersey with the logo enlarged. my thoughts; it looks nice and is much better than the original. ^_^

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I read somewhere on USA Hockey's site that these are just going to be an alternate, ala the Canadian "heritage" jerseys. Anyone else see that?

Sorry, to bring this back from the dead but Avenger is right. I just read on the NHL shop that these throwback unis will only be worn for 1 game during the World Cup. The 2002 Salt Lake unis will be the regular one.

Here is the link for those interested:

Team USA 1932 Replica Jersey

This vintage, never-been-released 1932 jersey will be worn for one game at the upcoming World Cup of Hockey. This is a replica of the 1932 jersey that was worn by Team USA at the first Winter Olympics ever held in the United States.

The 1932 Winter Games at Lake Placid, NY represented the first-ever Olympics hosted by the United States. That year, the upstart, silver-medal winning Americans made a powerful statement on the international ice hockey scene that would resonate almost half-century later at the same venue. In 1980, Lake Placid would be the site of one of the greatest sports upsets of all time when underdog Team USA captured Olympic gold - the now famous Miracle on Ice. Get in the game - and pick up yours today!

USAH-1932JER-001.jpg

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Good catch

Is it just me or do those letters look the Red Sox ones? :therock:

I think they are. Those type numbers were common back then. If you look at pictues of Ruth you can see the Yankees had those type numbers too.

If they wanted a "retro" idea at Nike, why couldn't they do the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" unis?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived