Penn State In The News Again...

njmeadowlanders

I don't really think it's a shame. A timeless, classic block font suits a a school like Penn State.

But they had something that was uniquely theirs. It was Penn State and Penn State only.

This is just someone who knows how to change the font color in Word to Navy...I'm not a fan of it. if you want to use the block font, use it. They've used the lame arial "PENNSTATE" font for at least 5 years now and they co-exist. Why can't these co-exist?

They were talking about this well before the whole Sandusky/Paterno stuff came out, but you're right in that it probably is accelerated to distance themselves as much as possible (not that it really matters one way or the other with respect to a font).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Very bland script for a bland university. Could their identity be any more bland? Might as well phase out the nittany lion head logo too, might be too much. Just go to a block "PS" logo instead.

If they replaced the lion head with the Keystone-S I'd be all for it. Bland is what works for Penn State.

Very bland script for a bland university. Could their identity be any more bland? Might as well phase out the nittany lion head logo too, might be too much. Just go to a block "PS" logo instead.

Not everyone wants to be Oregon.

Travesty!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This is such a shame. I know it's not "new" news, but most stores are selling off their inventory in downtown State College to reflect the change:

321.jpg

DISLIKE.

You'd be shocked at how much Nike charged them to create that, um, "unique" new wordmark.

I'm shocked that Nike's design services aren't included in their contract. I think all the adidas schools get free design work. In fact, NHL and NBA teams might get free design work if they use the outfitter for their design projects as well, but I don't know for sure on that one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not really what my post was implying but okay

Not really what my post was implying but okay

No, I think I got it.

Archived