Reebok unveils 2012 NLL jerseys

Viper

All 2012 NLL Away Jerseys released

I think the honeycomb looks better on the blue version of the jersey.

Looks like reebok is trying to get teams to add shoulder patches and yolks. The only team to stay the same is Buffalo, With Edmonton going extremely different.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Stealth fox shoulder patch looks kind of cool, even though it doesn't really fit into the established Stealth identity. That said, if they were make the fox the primary crest and return the state logo/wordmark to the shoulder patches, theirs would rival Colorado for the best-looking threads in the league.

The new Rush jerseys are a downgrade. The script "Edmonton" just doesn't go well with the existing wordmark. In fact, from the looks of it, they kept the city name in the wordmark too, so the jerseys actually say "Edmonton Edmonton Rush".

Looks like the new Calgary jerseys have lost the oil derricks on the torso side panels; instead the derrick is part of their new shoulder patch. I'd have to see what the letters/numbers look like before I make up my mind, but so far it's a lateral move.

The Philadelphia Wings are a slight upgrade. They moved the old logo/wordmark to the shoulders and are now using a simplified version for the crest.

I see the Knighthawks are going back to their old logos. The updated ones they've used the last couple of seasons looked a lot better, but I suppose it's hard to retire a legacy logo when that means having to cough up close to six figures for a new carpet because the old logo is emblazoned on the center circle. (See also the Swarm, who have brought their original primary logo back onto their unis, in this case the shorts, for the first time since '09. It doesn't really go well with the team's Arlottas-era look, but again they're stuck with it at least until they decide to replace their carpet.)

The Bandits, Mammoth and Rock jerseys look more or less the same as before.

CCSLC signature.png

All 2012 NLL Away Jerseys released

I think the honeycomb looks better on the blue version of the jersey.

Looks like reebok is trying to get teams to add shoulder patches and yolks. The only team to stay the same is Buffalo, With Edmonton going extremely different.

Edmonton has a nice uniform with some nice classic looking style to it, but it also has a strange redunancy going for it...

DSC_0031.JPG

The Edmonton Edmonton Rush?

I'm digging the simplicty of the Philadelphia Wings. They could almost be a hockey jersey....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Lazy Reebok/Adidas templates: they're not just for soccer and hockey anymore!

I really like how the Swarm's blue jersey turned out. Everything else, with the wonky shoulders and location/team names on the sleeve ends.... ick.

And of course, the one team that probably would benefit most from virtually any sort of change - Buffalo - does nothing. That black jersey seriously eats it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Does Toronto really need their logo to include the maple leaf? It's not like they're the only Canadian team in the league, and neither of the other Canadian teams use it. Like we've said here before, just because your team is in Canada doesn't mean the maple leaf has to feature in your logo design. It does nothing to help the team's identity, and it just seems superfluous. Their whole identity is pretty terrible, actually. The name is dumb, the logos are bad, and the uniforms are lame.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The new Stealth fox shoulder patch looks kind of cool, even though it doesn't really fit into the established Stealth identity. That said, if they were make the fox the primary crest and return the state logo/wordmark to the shoulder patches, theirs would rival Colorado for the best-looking threads in the league.

The new Rush jerseys are a downgrade. The script "Edmonton" just doesn't go well with the existing wordmark. In fact, from the looks of it, they kept the city name in the wordmark too, so the jerseys actually say "Edmonton Edmonton Rush".

Looks like the new Calgary jerseys have lost the oil derricks on the torso side panels; instead the derrick is part of their new shoulder patch. I'd have to see what the letters/numbers look like before I make up my mind, but so far it's a lateral move.

The Philadelphia Wings are a slight upgrade. They moved the old logo/wordmark to the shoulders and are now using a simplified version for the crest.

I see the Knighthawks are going back to their old logos. The updated ones they've used the last couple of seasons looked a lot better, but I suppose it's hard to retire a legacy logo when that means having to cough up close to six figures for a new carpet because the old logo is emblazoned on the center circle. (See also the Swarm, who have brought their original primary logo back onto their unis, in this case the shorts, for the first time since '09. It doesn't really go well with the team's Arlottas-era look, but again they're stuck with it at least until they decide to replace their carpet.)

The Bandits, Mammoth and Rock jerseys look more or less the same as before.

I pretty much agree with your opinions, but I think the Stealth fox logo already fits in well since they use it on a bunch of merchandise. Last season you could buy shirts and sweatshirts with the fox logo but not the State or target logo, oddly enough...

The "Edmonton Edmonton Rush" thing is a really lazy thing for Edmonton to do... how could they not see that?

I feel like the new uniforms are an improvement in that they've eliminated some gimmicky designs, but they feel a little bit like practice jerseys due to the lack of arm striping. It's like when Reebok took over the NHL jerseys... nice but a little boring.

How did no one pick up on this link on the same page: http://insidelacross...es-jerseys-2012

The @PhillyWings of the @NLLNetwork announced today that the team will be revolutionizing jerseys by using Wings players' Twitter handles as their nameplate for the team's game against the @NLLBandits at @WellsFargoCtr on Sunday, February 12 at 4 p.m.

01175219.jpg

Wait a minute... on the Rock jersey, are the shoulder logos facing forward???

All of them except the Swarm are just terrible. Gradients on Jerseys were already out of date when the Canucks had them OVER 10 YEARS AGO.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Does Toronto really need their logo to include the maple leaf? It's not like they're the only Canadian team in the league, and neither of the other Canadian teams use it. Like we've said here before, just because your team is in Canada doesn't mean the maple leaf has to feature in your logo design. It does nothing to help the team's identity, and it just seems superfluous. Their whole identity is pretty terrible, actually. The name is dumb, the logos are bad, and the uniforms are lame.

Yes, they need it. For one reason, Torontonians don't know that they are Canadian. The second reason, to market outside of Toronto to people whose first inclination is to hate the team, which people can't because if hate the team, you hate the maple leaf, and if you hate the maple leaf, you hate Canada... :flagcanada:

tigercatssignature-1.png

Yes, they need it. For one reason, Torontonians don't know that they are Canadian. The second reason, to market outside of Toronto to people whose first inclination is to hate the team, which people can't because if hate the team, you hate the maple leaf, and if you hate the maple leaf, you hate Canada... :flagcanada:

I know WE :censored: get it... "Why put a maple leaf? blah, blah blah..." A more serious answer: The maple leaf in the logo stems from when the Rock were the only Canadian team in the NLL. Yeah, the name and logos are subpar, even more so when they originally had the CN tower playing the guitar. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I dunno... I thought the tower/guitar logo was pretty awesome. Sure, it's not major-league quality, but for the NLL, it was fine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

How did no one pick up on this link on the same page: http://insidelacross...es-jerseys-2012

The @PhillyWings of the @NLLNetwork announced today that the team will be revolutionizing jerseys by using Wings players' Twitter handles as their nameplate for the team's game against the @NLLBandits at @WellsFargoCtr on Sunday, February 12 at 4 p.m.

01175219.jpg

I can see this becoming a terrible trend that infects multiple sports.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I dunno... I thought the tower/guitar logo was pretty awesome. Sure, it's not major-league quality, but for the NLL, it was fine.

I agree with you man. Since they ditched that logo the logos haven't really had anything to do with the word Rock in any sense.

Oh I saw it.

I just tried to ignore it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was starting to get pumped up for the season, and now i'm pumped up for the new jerseys!

There are a couple of pretty sharp jerseys out there now.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

01175219.jpg

I can see this becoming a terrible trend that infects multiple sports.

A soccer team in Mexico already does it, and there are a few more in Europe. This is spreading, unfortunately.

spacer.png

Archived