2012 World Junior Championship

Evil Doctor

Thankfully Colorado looks to be not the worst team in the league this year. I couldn't stomach a Nail Yakupov-Evgeny Kuznetsov-Alex Ovechkin line.

*drools* Avs need to start their own Fail for Nail campaign. It could still happen, but they need to start their annual collapse like now (so glad my wife doesnt see these boards she'd kill me for that)

Yeah its pretty set that hes coming over next year. The only reason they didnt try this year is because Kuzya has a contract with Traktor that he wanted to honor, and I can respect that.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweden wins a thriller 1-0 in Overtime, goal scored by Sens prospect Mika Zibanjad. What a game, and what a tournament. Now for the first time in quite some time people we'll have to get up early in the morning to watch next years. Ufa, Russia is the site!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm gonna guess this is the first time that the son of an Iranian scored the Gold-winning goal? :P

Congrats, Sweden!

I'm going out on a limb and saying yes. ^_^

Dude doesn't even have Swedish blood in him, his mom is Finnish.

The Wild are sooo stacked in the prospect pool..

3 Captains in the WJC - Larsson (SWE), Zucker (USA), Granlund (FIN)

Possibly the best defenseman for the gold medal team - Brodin

Gold Medal and starting goalie - Gustafsson

Not to mention Charlie Coyle, Erik Haula (Tied for leading scorer on UM #2 team in NCAA), Brett Bulmer (almost made NHL this year), Matt Hackett, Darcy Kuemper, Zach Phillips (one of the leading scorers in the QMJHL)

the top prospect pool in the NHL IMO.

spacer.png

The Wild are sooo stacked in the prospect pool..

3 Captains in the WJC - Larsson (SWE), Zucker (USA), Granlund (FIN)

Possibly the best defenseman for the gold medal team - Brodin

Gold Medal and starting goalie - Gustafsson

Not to mention Charlie Coyle, Erik Haula (Tied for leading scorer on UM #2 team in NCAA), Brett Bulmer (almost made NHL this year), Matt Hackett, Darcy Kuemper, Zach Phillips (one of the leading scorers in the QMJHL)

the top prospect pool in the NHL IMO.

Hockey Future's ranks them at #17. I think more like in the Top 10 though, especially after the WJ's and this season NCAA and Junior season.

I have to admit I didn't watch the Gold Medal game. It's Canada all the way with Gold or bust.

As much as I love Canada getting Gold, this tourney gives them a wake up. So many great games and players feeds hockey, be it NHL or international tournaments.

It's the World Juniors that drives me to get up at 6AM on Boxing Day to watch hockey. I know with the trend to have it in Canada every other year to make money for IIHF is going to stop the 6AM games, but that is what feeds history. I remember being a kid and getting up early to watch World Juniors in the 90's.

Canada is being spoiled right now. It's not 1998 bad, but it can get worse. As much as I liked USA dropping to 7th (sorry bookends </end smugness>), this will drive their program even harder. Switzerland was an after thought five years ago and have improved every step. And with the change to one promotion instead of two will make stronger clubs for another country.

I don't care what people say, the holidays are for family first. When it comes to seconds, screw Christmas, screw Hanukkah, screw everything else. World Junior Hockey rules my end of year holidays.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Sweden wins a thriller 1-0 in Overtime, goal scored by Sens prospect Mika Zibanjad. What a game, and what a tournament. Now for the first time in quite some time people we'll have to get up early in the morning to watch next years. Ufa, Russia is the site!

The most fascinating part were the shots on net. It was something like 39-4 (total) in the second period. At one point in the second period, it read 20-1 during that period. My favourite observation: In the first, TSN showed the shots on net on the scoreboard 12-0 and Gord Miller said "Look at the 50/50 draw", which was over $112 000 at the time.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived