BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

i personally would like to see a navy alternate.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of C&C, but at least I still got a couple of comments. I added more navy to the primaries and added a navy alt option. I'd like to know which one looks better (that or the white one) because I'm only going with one of them (as 3 alts is unnecessary).

DetroitTigersLogos3.png

DetroitTigersJerseyLogos3.png

DetroitTigersJerseys3.png

Hmmm...the navy alt script is bigger than I thought (in the box). Navy should've probably been the primary colour on the batter mark after this update...

The reason I've been churning out concepts consistently is because all of these were made beforehand. This is my last completed concept, so when this is done, I won't be posting concepts right after each other anymore. I have no idea why I even wrote that (as if you care). I need to go on twitter a little less...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like the idea of giving the Tigers more orange. Huge fan of the hats as well. For the alternates, make the navy jersey the road alternate, and the orange jersey the home alternate. The white piping looks weird with gray pants. The primaries are mehh to me. There's a big issue with color balance. I don't see the purpose of having a white-then blue outline to be honest. I'd just make the 'D' on the chest of the primaries orange with a navy outline. Then, in order to offset the orange script, I'd suggest a blue piping in order to make the script "pop" more. Overall, this is great execution of a very tall order. Great job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

If you're going to make changes such as an orange outline for the D, orange piping, orange belt, orange socks, then there's no point of keeping the classic D logo on the chest. Frankly in a scheme with a further emphasis on orange, it looks really out of place and the white alternate looks better. The shade of blue that you're using looks odd to me, like the Seattle Seahawks blue. An orange belt would just look awful, the white D doesn't show up very well on the orange cap, and it doesn't make sense to have an orange alt for the road and navy at home.

Honestly, the reoccuring problem that I'm seeing in your concepts is choosing the lighter color in set as the base color. In doing that, it makes for some really weird belt colors, along with a total mess for the darker colored alternate.

Here's what I would do:

-Make all socks, caps, and piping navy

-On the home and road primaries, use an orange script with a SINGLE navy outline

-Have an orange home alternate. Maintain blue piping, but go with white script with blue outline

-Navy road alternate with orange detroit script with single white outline, and orange piping

This would make for a good-looking set with a healthy addition of orange. Good luck with this one.

PS: I've been trying to guess who the green and black team could be since you said it is nontraditional. While I originally assumed that it would be the Rays, I'm starting to think that you went bold, so my two guesses for possible teams are the Twins or the Giants (leaning towards SF between the two). I'm actually quite excited to see who it is.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I guess I'm done with Detroit now since I've received 3 comments telling me that it looks good, and addressed the issues the other 2 had. The primary colour is now navy and I used a single outline on the logo.

DetroitTigersLogos4.png

DetroitTigersJerseyLogos4.png

DetroitTigersJerseys4.png

The navy alt has navy piping because really, there's no point in having 3 different pairs of pants.

PS: I've been trying to guess who the green and black team could be since you said it is nontraditional. While I originally assumed that it would be the Rays, I'm starting to think that you went bold, so my two guesses for possible teams are the Twins or the Giants (leaning towards SF between the two). I'm actually quite excited to see who it is.

Bingo.

I went all out with this one. New scripts, logo, colours and everything.Please don't say "The Giants are traditionally a black and orange team". :censored: tradition. This is my MLB concept series. If you can think of a better colour scheme that hasn't already been taken, be my guest. I went with green partially because of the Hulk...you know, Giants? Plus, San Fran has Comic-Con, no? Not to mention it looks great with black and is the most underused colour in all of sports.

I know the scripts need some attention and the cap logo is weak, but this is a very rough first attempt. And yes, those scripts are home-made. C&C please :)

SanFranciscoGiantsLogos.png

SanFranciscoGiantsJerseyLogos.png

SanFranciscoGiantsJerseys.png

I've really gotta start paying attention to the sized of the images before I export them. 1 000px is bigger than I thought. And is it me, or is the outline of back number on the road blue-ish? I'll fix that.

I really like the outside the box thinking, and here's what I think you could do:

-Use charcoal gray over black - make the green really pop

-use the 80's - 90's style with more rounded fonts http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=n4pe2nc525aigblfg3q9ca3p3

-give your scripts some unique style -- skew it, arc it, something

-on your primary, put the Giants on top of the baseball to make it look bigger

I think its really cool that you try to make your own, unique concepts on here.

Tigers: Perfect. Much better than their current set.

Giants: Call me crazy(not trying to insult your work or anything lol), but that actually looks good! The green and black just have a nostalgia about them, like they belong in San Francisco. I actually like the emphasis on the home script with it being "Giant". The cap logo is tough one. I tried to make it interlock somehow, but I can't seem to find a way. It's a good, out-of-the-box concept, but there's just very little to work with. This is a time where a recolor might actually be a good idea for the primary logo. Sorry for not being able to provide C&C for this.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box on the Giants. I think that seeing a green and black color scheme with the current scripts and logos could be cool. This has potential, but the scripts seem a bit bland to me right now. One thing that I really like is the primary logo, with the under-curve of the script forming half of a baseball.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Maybe I'm just not getting it-- but this just doesn't look good. The scripts look like you drew them with the line tool-- and there's a considerable amount inconsistency in it at that. In my opinion, you took all of the personality out of what the Giants have going for them, and replaced it with boring, 8-BIT looking font. I don't understand.

If you're going to make scripts, add some serifs, curves, etc. to liven it up. This just looks wrong on a jersey. The primary does, too. Again, lots of problems with weights and consistency.

I also would consider better inspiration for colors. Saying you chose green because of the Hulk and because he's a giant is about as far-fetched as it gets. Does the team have any tie to the movie/character? Is Comic Con even that important to the overall culture of San Francisco San Diego anyway? No. So using it as a reason to change the colors really makes no sense. You can say :censored: tradition all you want, but the idea for changing the color has to have more weight to it than what you've given. It's worse reasoning IMO than "it looks cool".

I think you need to spend some time improving the logos you've done in this series, and it will get much better. But right now, everything looks like it's on a different level. You've got recolors, rushed logos, and modifications: as a league right now, it looks really disjointed. A lot of the changes aren't aesthetically or logically justified, either. I would focus on consistency before rushing things out like this.

Maybe I'm just not getting it-- but this just doesn't look good. The scripts look like you drew them with the line tool-- and there's a considerable amount inconsistency in it at that. In my opinion, you took all of the personality out of what the Giants have going for them, and replaced it with boring, 8-BIT looking font. I don't understand.

If you're going to make scripts, add some serifs, curves, etc. to liven it up. This just looks wrong on a jersey. The primary does, too. Again, lots of problems with weights and consistency.

I also would consider better inspiration for colors. Saying you chose green because of the Hulk and because he's a giant is about as far-fetched as it gets. Does the team have any tie to the movie/character? Is Comic Con even that important to the overall culture of San Francisco San Diego anyway? No. So using it as a reason to change the colors really makes no sense. You can say :censored: tradition all you want, but the idea for changing the color has to have more weight to it than what you've given. It's worse reasoning IMO than "it looks cool".

I think you need to spend some time improving the logos you've done in this series, and it will get much better. But right now, everything looks like it's on a different level. You've got recolors, rushed logos, and modifications: as a league right now, it looks really disjointed. A lot of the changes aren't aesthetically or logically justified, either. I would focus on consistency before rushing things out like this.

Thanks for the reply (I'm being serious). For sure I'll update the scripts; I agree that they're very blocky and bland. For the colours, the Hulk wasn't why I chose it, I just thought it would be somewhat of a decent connection. I had already used their current colour scheme and couldn't think of anything else, so in a way I did choose it because "it looked cool", which I'm guessing isn't a very justified reason at all. Do you have any suggestions as to what to use for a colour scheme? Also, could you please explain more on your points of it being "on a different level" and "not aesthetically or logically justified"? I'm certainly not doubting you, I'd just like some clarification.

So again, thanks for the comment as well as your other C&C on this series. Are there other concepts which you think I should redo? I was planning on doing Cle. and Miami right after this, but now I think I'll have to do a few more.

I'll probably take a break from this series and come back when I have better ideas as opposed to just posting concepts when I think I should even if they're not "ready"/"good enough", so to speak.

Archived