BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland looks great. I love the primary logo especially. My only problem is the red bill on the brown alternate cap. I think an all brown cap would look great for the alternate. No complaints after that though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I kept single piping for Cleveland to keep things simple, and I kept the red bill on the brown-crowned cap for colour balance purposes.

Boston Red Sox:

My original intention was to go back to San Francisco and then continue on with the series, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with them. I wanted to keep this series rolling, so I continued onto Boston (I'll go back to the Giants at a later date). Now onto the concept:

Boston has a great set, but it needs a few fixes. The first problem is the road jersey. I have no problem with navy being the primary colour, but I hate how it's nearly devoid of red. I added a red outline to the script/number/NOB not just to add red, but to also make the jersey less plain. My second biggest issue with their set is the fact that it's watered down by two coloured alts. I'd rather see old-school teams have throwback alts than unnecessary coloured alts. I kept the red alt as an all-purpose home/road alt because I liked how it looked, but removed the navy road alt in favour of a jersey based off of this (It's not a true throwback for three reasons: 1. I used the current home cap instead of an all-white one 2. I could only find one picture of the "BA" on the chest, but the quality is too poor to to do anything with. Instead, I used used the "B" and "A" of an Old English font. 3. I added placket piping as part of the transition to a modern template) The other changes are as follows:

• I put piping back on the red alt. I don't know why they removed it; it just looks like a practice jersey now
  • I designated the hanging socks logo as the alternate and the full-bodied circle logo as the primary. While I like the hanging socks logo, it's not strong enough to be a primary IMO and it makes more sense for the full-bodied circle to be the primary.
  • I added a navy outline to the hanging socks logo
  • I added navy piping to the road jersey
  • I've brought back the red-crowned cap for use with the red alt and as a regular home alt
  • I used the "B" in the script as the cap logo instead of the current "B". I don't necessarily view it as an upgrade - if anything, it's a lateral move - but I wanted to see what people thought of it. For the same reason, I added the hanging socks logo as a sleeve patch on the home.

RedSoxVersionOne.png

EDIT: I just realized that I put neck piping on the back of the jerseys (above the batter logo). I will fix that with the next update.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks for the comments. I went with the bottom right one for the alternate as you guys suggested (it's just the same as the third one on the second row, just with an outline). I recoloured it on the cap because a white outline didn't work and a white crown just wouldn't look good. Anyways, I've used piratesfan16's road script (with permission, of course), added pinstripes to the home, and used the team's original primary logo. I changed the font on the logo to the one on the home script. And, of course, they are just black/teal now. I have a new presentation style as well:

Ok, So I totally don't have a problem with you, but I do have a big problem with piratesfan16 claiming that that "Miami" script to be his own, when he seems to have first used in in March of this year while I first used it - after I created it - in May of last year.

What irks me is not that people are using a logo a made without permission (I mean, after all, I just tried to mimic the old "Marlins" script, nothing earth shattering) and it doesn't even piss me off too much that piratesfan16 seemingly recolored - crudely, I might add - my logo and put it in his own concept. What DOES piss me off, however, is that when asked by someone else if they could use the logo in question, piratesfan16 seemed to forget who the original work belonged to and gave tacit permission when said permission wasn't his to give.

NOW, maybe piratesfan16 credited me somewhere where I can't find or perhaps - PERHAPS - piratesfan16 asked and received my permission and I've got memory problems to work out, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe piratesfan16 owes me, BigBubba and these boards an apology or at least an explanation.

Thanks for the comments. I went with the bottom right one for the alternate as you guys suggested (it's just the same as the third one on the second row, just with an outline). I recoloured it on the cap because a white outline didn't work and a white crown just wouldn't look good. Anyways, I've used piratesfan16's road script (with permission, of course), added pinstripes to the home, and used the team's original primary logo. I changed the font on the logo to the one on the home script. And, of course, they are just black/teal now. I have a new presentation style as well:

Ok, So I totally don't have a problem with you, but I do have a big problem with piratesfan16 claiming that that "Miami" script to be his own, when he seems to have first used in in March of this year while I first used it - after I created it - in May of last year.

What irks me is not that people are using a logo a made without permission (I mean, after all, I just tried to mimic the old "Marlins" script, nothing earth shattering) and it doesn't even piss me off too much that piratesfan16 seemingly recolored - crudely, I might add - my logo and put it in his own concept. What DOES piss me off, however, is that when asked by someone else if they could use the logo in question, piratesfan16 seemed to forget who the original work belonged to and gave tacit permission when said permission wasn't his to give.

NOW, maybe piratesfan16 credited me somewhere where I can't find or perhaps - PERHAPS - piratesfan16 asked and received my permission and I've got memory problems to work out, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe piratesfan16 owes me, BigBubba and these boards an apology or at least an explanation.

First of all, I would like to openly apologize to TimEOBrien and BigBubba for this. I did not know that TimEOBrien originally made this script nor did I intend to steal it. Here's my explanation.

A while back, I was on google images looking for ideas on how to create a matching road script for the "Marlins" wordmark. One from uniwatch.net popped up and a created my own script based on that. I did not essentially "copy and paste" it, but I did draw a wordmark based on it. In fact, if you look at mine and TimEOBrien's, you might see some differences in it. If that's still considered wrong, I sincerely apologize and I will be sure to never do that again.

In my defense, I never claimed credit for the wordmark. It's not BigBubba's fault here, I would like to make sure that everyone knows that. This all began with me and I take full bllame for any misunderstandings here. I will work hard to make sure that everything is cleared up between me and TimEOBrien.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

First of all, I would like to openly apologize to TimEOBrien and BigBubba for this. I did not know that TimEOBrien originally made this script nor did I intend to steal it. Here's my explanation.

A while back, I was on google images looking for ideas on how to create a matching road script for the "Marlins" wordmark. One from uniwatch.net popped up and a created my own script based on that. I did not essentially "copy and paste" it, but I did draw a wordmark based on it. In fact, if you look at mine and TimEOBrien's, you might see some differences in it. If that's still considered wrong, I sincerely apologize and I will be sure to never do that again.

In my defense, I never claimed credit for the wordmark. It's not BigBubba's fault here, I would like to make sure that everyone knows that. This all began with me and I take full bllame for any misunderstandings here. I will work hard to make sure that everything is cleared up between me and TimEOBrien.

Good to hear. We're good. An apology and explanation was all I sought. Water under the bridge. Just try and be careful about that stuff.

As for BigBubba's Marlin's concept, aside from the cap logo which I'm not overly thrilled with, I really like it. I think teal fits the marlins much better than orange.

Good to hear. We're good. An apology and explanation was all I sought. Water under the bridge. Just try and be careful about that stuff.

As for BigBubba's Marlin's concept, aside from the cap logo which I'm not overly thrilled with, I really like it. I think teal fits the marlins much better than orange.

Great. Hopefully you got my PM too.

Now, back to BigBubba's concept as this should not be interfering with his C&C.

I like the Red Sox concept, especially the road jersey. However, I can't say that I like the new cap logo. It doesn't really match the wordmarks of the jersey which I am not a fan of in real life (I'm looking at you NY Yankees). Other than that, this is a very solid concept.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

First, I would like to give piratesfan credit for being mature and telling the truth when he could have easily made up some bull :censored: such as "it was just a coincidence". So good on you for that.

My thought on the Sox: I like the new road jersey, the red outlines to the navy wordmark look sharp. I also like how you returned the navy piping to the red alt. I'm also happy that you brought back the 70's hat. I also love the throwback. Excellent work. 10/10

Seriously, dude? You're far from the first person to come up with that exact script.

In fact, this went up online BEFORE yours: http://thegreatktulu.deviantart.com/art/Miami-Marlins-uniform-concept-209178512

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the Red Sox above. The reason I didn't post it like a regular update is because I just fixed two minor mistakes I made (using the wrong cap logo (not the one in the script) and accidentally adding neck piping to the back). Anyways, onto the next team:

New York Yankees:

I recoloured and touched up the primary logo. It makes no sense for it to be primarily red and to have the blue be royal. I kept the ball and the stripes on the hat red, both for obvious reasons. However, I made the script and the bat navy, and made it so the script is not connected with the ball. The red has also been darkened.

The home jersey remains untouched. However, I've scrapped their road jersey. The script is terribly bland and the jersey has no character. I based their road off of their 1912 throwbacks. The differences are that I used their current "NY" logo, added placket piping, and used the regular home cap and socks. I also added a road alternate, which features a script based off of the "NY" cap monogram. Also, both jerseys feature the primary logo on the sleeve.

YankeesVOne.png

As always, C&C is appreciated.

EDIT: I was browsing through some of my earlier concepts, and I didn't like how I finished off a few. For Toronto, I don't like how I used the split-lettered font for the NOB, nor do I like how I used red socks and belts for the Canada day jersey. For Baltimore, I don't like how orange socks look. Should I change these, or are they fine as they are now?

Wow! Yankees look amazing! What's the font you used for the word New York on the alternate uniform?

I modeled the rest of the letters after "N" and the "Y" myself to try to create a matching script, so no font was actually used. Thanks for the feedback by the way!

Love the new logo, first of all, a great touch-up job on that. I also love the new primary road jersey with the NY monogram instead of the New York script. I like the idea for the alternate based off the cap logo, but right now the alt set needs something else to distinguish from the regular road jersey. Perhaps a different colored cap or different pants stripng? It's just that right now, there is only one difference between the two jerseys, and I think there needs to be another differing point. Overall, really nice job here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Yankees Update:

Thanks for the C&C. To differentiate the primary road from the road alt, I removed the sleeve patch from the latter and added a grey-crowned cap (Which was worn with the 1912 set the primary road is based off of. The reason I didn't put it with the primary road is because I don't feel it's strong enough to work as a primary cap).

YankeesTwo.png

Oh, and raysfan24, the template I use is the bottom one listed under "Baseball".

Man, that touched up Yankees logo is perfection. I like the jerseys too. I tried to make a script like that too but I failed. Yours is as good as you can make it. Maybe, if you want more continunity, you can make the gray jersey with your "New York" script the primary road jersey (with blue cap). That way you can have the gray jersey with the interlocking "NY" have the matching hat while still keeping the cap itself an alternate. Having the cap logo on an alternate road jersey could be similar to the Giants though.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yankees Update:

Taking piratesfan's suggestion, I switched the "roles" of the primary and alternate roads. Also, I took the sleeve patch off of the now-alternate road and put it on the now-primary road because I wanted the primary road jersey to have the logo as a sleeve patch, regardless of which jersey it is.

Yankees3.png

(Rockies concept below)

Colorado Rockies:

The Rockies have the perfect chance to make purple their colour, much like the Marlins did with teal. Not only would it look great, but it would be unique. Instead (much like the Marlins as well), they rely heavily on black and silver, hurting their look, which ends in them looking like White Sox wannabes. Here's what I did:

• Fixed those God-awful scripts. The font its self isn't too bad, but it's killed by that stupid "inner" colour, which makes the scripts a mess. I used the same scripts, sans stupid inner colour.
  • Changed primary logo. I removed silver altogether, put the "CR" monogram on the mountain, and fixed the "Rockies" script.
  • No more pinstripes at home. The "CR" monogram becomes the chest logo.
  • Black-crowned, purple-brimmed cap as the all-around primary. I tried putting the mountain on an alternate cap, but it didn't work.
  • Alternate logo now appears on the sleeves.

RockiesV1.png

C+C SVP! Once this concept is done, I'll post fixes of my old Toronto, Detroit, and Baltimore concepts. I'm not happy with how I left those three off.

Archived