New Miami(FL) Football Uniforms

GriffinM6

Yes, clearly a fake-- but was anyone else laughing at the stretches this guy made to justify his design choices? "The Eye" on the pants? Really? Nothing beats the hip logos saying that another Miami player is there with them. It's decent in terms of presentation, but the content is horrible.

Apparently, English is not this guy's first language, so web translators were used and he got what he got. It also got 'Griffinmarlins', a very young teenager to post it here. He won, we lost and 'Griffinmarlins' lost even more since we are in the season of "Peter and The Wolf".

Well wouldn't the fact that there's a blue "ACC" patch on the shoulder be a given that it's not real? I'm just asking.

Don't most teams wear a conference patch?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I have generally loved most Miami Hurricane designs, but with that being said here is my critique of this uniform:

1. Narrow to wide stripe on the helmet

2. Different colored pants

3. Striping on the pants and the "Canes" on the back.

4. The gloves are nice.

5. Love the hurricane embedded in the shoes.

Dislikes:

1. Stripes on the arms - The wide stripe is simply to damn wide.

2. I hope they never wear white-white-white.

spacer.png

Well wouldn't the fact that there's a blue "ACC" patch on the shoulder be a given that it's not real? I'm just asking.

Don't most teams wear a conference patch?

Yes, but the conference patches for the ACC are in team colors.

Ya, this is obviously fake. Shall we dance and leave this bitch behind?

yes...there is no way the u is going with northwestern stripes on their jerseys...if anything they will go back to the the irvin, marylyand, brown era striping pattern...by the way their best look is white jersey/orange pants with orange accented cleats...should be their home and away look if they knew what was good for them.

• 3 months later...

These are one of the only "modern" uniform designs I actually liked. Nike should have me this exclusive to the Canes. Maybe they would have worn them longer, and not change to the mess they wear now.

51692353_display_image.jpg?1286483575

Hotter Than July > Thriller

These are one of the only "modern" uniform designs I actually liked. Nike should have me this exclusive to the Canes. Maybe they would have worn them longer, and not change to the mess they wear now.

Loved the pants, hated the jersey bib stripe. Lose the bib stripe and I go for those.

Loved the pants, hated the jersey bib stripe. Lose the bib stripe and I go for those.

and the black socks black shoes were kick-arse also

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Why? They don't match any part of the uniform.

>>>>

I say it's fake .... but

It's interesting that many like the helmet striping, how it widens towards the back of the helmet, yet when the BILLS did that on their new helmets for 2011 it was met with so much criticism.

Also it's says The "U" ... rather than The 'U'.

I had always thought that the only time the quotation marks (which are double) are used is when something that someone was quoted as saying is being written, and if not you use the single apostrophe symbol before and after the word or letter, like when you're speaking about the 'Miami Hurricanes' ....

Perhaps that's another example of the difference between 'UK' English and 'American' English. :therock:

Getting back to the subject-at-hand, I'm a purist and am fed up with clubs/schools that have traditional brands and they make changes and other tweaks to them just for the sake of making changes. Montreal Canadiens and NY Yankees don't keep making changes, yet they still sell as much team-apparel as anyone else.

Why? They don't match any part of the uniform.

Because it looks really sharp.

i hate when teams use black when its not in their color scheme (BFBS, i know. oregon being an exception though. Gray i dont mind), but if it's strictly shoes and socks(no longer then crew length) with only white or black accents, i think it's a really nice look. mixing black with team colors though is a no no for me (seattle seahawks being an exception here) My point is black shoes and socks can and will look good with any team, and i could be wrong but i think most people on here would agree.

Archived