SFGiants58's MLB

SFGiants58

On the red Cards jersey, the birds kind of blend in with the rest of the jersey.

I know the jersey is a tribute, but you could switch the road alt script and the home alt script and have red and blue alt jerseys. Maybe that would fix it.

spacer.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers look amazing! The "BREWERS" script looks a little low, but that could just be me.

For the Cardinals, I'd just keep 2 cap (all navy and all red) and make the chest logo on the road alt smaller. As well, the cardinals are near invisible on the red alt. You obviously can't change their colour, s perhaps you could just us the "Cardinals" script (or even the "St. Louis" one)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

For STL. I love the piping on the home and away. Thats always been the addition I've wanted but I thought going with a 60s single red piping wasn't enough. But you've incoporated the navy and red from the 80s but in a smaller sensible fashion.

That said a few critiques, suggestions. Most importantly the white STL on the red cap stands out perfectly. I think the navy STL is a step back. I'd have two caps. The full red with white STL and a blue crown red bill with red STL. Ditch the full navy cap. On the regular road grey I'd like to see ST Louis scripting to replace Cardinals on the main logo. For the red home alt I'd match up the blue and red cap and use the STL in white similar to how you used it on the grey alt. The birds get lost on a red jersey. Use blue piping on that one as well. Finally, ditch that entire grey road alt and develop a 70s/80s vibrant blue road alt matched with the red hat. And don't forget to use the regular Cardinals scripting rather than the suggested St Louis version.

With those additions you've updated the current great set with just a tiny touch of history with that piping. You've added a unique factor to the grey roadie. You've developed two hats and purposes to use them at home and on the road. You developed a "softball" jersey for home that has something unique to it and you've flipped the throwback concept on its head by introducing a regular throwback to wear on the road. Each jersey is unique and marketable. And it all fits into a deep Cardinals uniform tradition without being silly or blatantly to make money.

• 1 year later...

Well, here are the first few teams of the AL West!

SEATTLE MARINERS

The 90s design for the Mariners, let's face it, is kind of bland. There's nothing that's truly exciting or eye-catching in the scripts or logos. The 1981-86 branding, however, was quite unique. That branding is restored to Seattle, with the addition of teal as a secondary color (still needs that connection to the Pacific Northwest and the green/teal in all Seattle teams, and the demotion of gold to an accent color.

Logos:

6740324825_9b7fd1dfc1_b.jpg

A new secondary is present, in the form of the isolated trident.

Uniforms:

6740325101_44a2622d8a_b.jpg

Double outlined MLB block returns, and all caps have teal bills (something I liked about the mid-90s Mariners caps). Gold is used as an accent color on the scripts and shoelaces, as it gives the design a little more "punch" than silver.

This is the best Seattle Mariners concept I've seen on this site, however, that's not saying much. I like how it is influenced by their 1981-86 look, but unfortunately, the nonsensical button-front jerseys are a deal breaker. If they were pullover jerseys and you eliminated jerseys with the 'Seattle' wordmark and only used jerseys that said 'Mariners' you might have something.

Archived