Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

The helmets definitely look much better in natural lighting...

http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=429652&DB_OEM_ID=500

Wow, that helmet is beautiful. Actually their whole look for this game is magnificent. A+

it's good. but the rose bowl is a day-night transition game. I wanna know how it would like at the 4th qtr as compared to the 1st

Probably quite different, which may be Nike's plan.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that helmet is beautiful. Actually their whole look for this game is magnificent. A+

Yes, as a hood ornament on a car or as a Christmas decoration, but not as a FOOTBALL helmet! I hope this is a weird passing facination like long pants in hockey and not the shape of things to come... :wacko:

tigercatssignature-1.png

Yes, as a hood ornament on a car or as a Christmas decoration, but not as a FOOTBALL helmet! I hope this is a weird passing facination like long pants in hockey and not the shape of things to come... :wacko:

What should "FOOTBALL" look like? :rolleyes:

Why not?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That would be the best helmet ever for the Cowboys.

Agreed. With some seriously shiny silver pants to match. That would look awesome. I hope NIKE does spice up the NFL a little.

Nike released the prototype Cowboys uniform today:

TinmanLoose.jpg

More like:

DXluL.png

Yes! Tony Romo ("The Tin Man", because, well, you know...) poses in the new Nike-designed Cowboys uniforms.

Why not?

Because it's just wrong....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Why not?

Why, because it isn't "traditional"? Not every team must look like Penn State. Considering how many Div I NCAAF teams there are, I think it's great that a small handful experiment way outside the box. I hate when people think everyone must color inside the lines. Ugly or beautiful is a matter of taste, but what Oregon is doing is far far FAR from being considered "wrong".

Why not?

Why, because it isn't "traditional"? Not every team must look like Penn State. Considering how many Div I NCAAF teams there are, I think it's great that a small handful experiment way outside the box. I hate when people think everyone must color inside the lines. Ugly or beautiful is a matter of taste, but what Oregon is doing is far far FAR from being considered "wrong".

Agreed.

Just because its radically different it doesn't make it "wrong". It kind of reminds me of some of those radical concept cars at car shows. You know that most of them will never hit the road, but they are cool to look at and in many cases some of the design elements actually make it to actual regular cars. In this case, the "concept car" is actually going on the field but I doubt it will go into regular use. It will be interesting to see how this influences future helmet designs.

I hope that Oregon keeps the helmet, but they might change it due to the helmets glaring effect.

I'm sure they fully tested that aspect in advance of the big game, but I too am very curious about if the glare effect will effect the game in any way.

I hope that Oregon keeps the helmet, but they might change it due to the helmets glaring effect.

I'm sure they fully tested that aspect in advance of the big game, but I too am very curious about if the glare effect will effect the game in any way.

The glare was my first thought too. Seeing close-ups and reading about the process, it seems like the rubberized coating adds enough diffusion that it won't be a terrible blinding glare as much as I'd like to see it happen.

They look awesome out in the light. I'm not as big a fan of the uniforms themselves as I thought I would be... I don't really like that shade of green... the fabric for the numbers look great, though.

I think the chrome would've looked better with black uniforms, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow. Just when I didn't think it could be worse, we see them in sunlight. Ack!

This, they look damn terrible whatever the circumstance, especially on top of a football uniform.

DFDS - Different for different's sake

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

World War II wants their green back. These are awful, it's a shame too because I really like that helmet. I don't understand why they used so much "dazzle" on the helmet but a total dull matte finish from the neck down.

Archived