Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why they had to change the feathers at all. They looked just fine previously.

This is how I felt as well. Somehow I found myself missing the standard wings.

As did I, since they've become Oregon's "thing".

IUe6Hvh.png

The helmets now look black. This whole uniform is pure genius. Bash it all you want, but Adidas and UA will try to make their own versions.

Agreed. My favorite set for Oregon ever. Can't wait to see what Nike does with the NFL. This gives me lots of hope.

Yeah, uh, the NFL's not going to let Nike do much. 95% of the designs will just get transplanted onto the Speed Machine template. Unlike Phil Knight, the NFL knows what tradition means.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The helmets now look black. This whole uniform is pure genius. Bash it all you want, but Adidas and UA will try to make their own versions.

Agreed. My favorite set for Oregon ever. Can't wait to see what Nike does with the NFL. This gives me lots of hope.

Yeah, uh, the NFL's not going to let Nike do much. 95% of the designs will just get transplanted onto the Speed Machine template. Unlike Phil Knight, the NFL knows what tradition means.

Ehhhh....I wouldn't necessarily say that.

The NFL seems like its more concerned with being in total control of their identities rather then being into tradition.

Ehhhh....I wouldn't necessarily say that.

The NFL seems like its more concerned with being in total control of their identities rather then being into tradition.

lol, agreed. I think the Patriots, Cardinals and Vikings threw the whole "NFL knows what tradition means" out the window. The NFL probably will not allow Nike to go crazy (especially since there are teams like the Lions, Jaguars, Bills, and etc cannot alter their uniforms just yet), but I can still see Nike pushing the envelope as much as they can. I'm excited to see how the new Seahawks uniforms turn out.

Daytime versus night time. Both were unique in itself. I spent the entire game just marveling at the changes in color due to lighting.

I think what made this uniform very cool to me was the fact that as the game continued, the uniforms changed along with it. If the game went deeper into the night, then the helmets would have really went dark and it would have been something.

Go A's!

Haha did anyone see south carolinas silver cleats today??? Wonder where they drew inspiration...hmmmm....

Daytime versus night time. Both were unique in itself. I spent the entire game just marveling at the changes in color due to lighting.

I think what made this uniform very cool to me was the fact that as the game continued, the uniforms changed along with it. If the game went deeper into the night, then the helmets would have really went dark and it would have been something.

All that being said, if these are indeed a preview of their next evolution uniform, I don't expect the helmets to be a mainstay. While the helmet worked in the Rose Bowl due to the natural transition of light from day to night, the large majority of Oregon's games won't be played in such conditions.

Still, I like every other aspect of the uniform. Hope Oregon keeps them.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Terrible lids. What's the point of any sort of design if we can't even see it with all the glare. I've never fully embraced matte, but those Oregon helmets made me a believer.

Also can't stand the font.

Really cool effects on many parts of the uniform, but none of it really came together the way it could have. Nike's biggest statement as well as its biggest missed opportunity.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That number font still sucks terribly. Helmet idea? Pretty badass. The rest? I'm just glad they used green and yellow again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm really startled at the reception the helmets are getting around here. I lean towards traditionalist on the uniform spectrum, but I loved them. I barely watched the game because I spent most of the Rose Bowl marveling at Oregon's helmets.

I wouldn't want to see them every game, but for this one game, and for this program, they worked (IMO). It's Oregon, people. I've embraced the fact that they're going to wear something wild, different, and trend-setting. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing chrome helmets in every color start popping up within the next two years, just as what's going on now with matte finish helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm really startled at the reception the helmets are getting around here. I lean towards traditionalist on the uniform spectrum, but I loved them. I barely watched the game because I spent most of the Rose Bowl marveling at Oregon's helmets.

I wouldn't want to see them every game, but for this one game, and for this program, they worked (IMO). It's Oregon, people. I've embraced the fact that they're going to wear something wild, different, and trend-setting. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing chrome helmets in every color start popping up within the next two years, just as what's going on now with matte finish helmets.

It's like you freaking read my mind or something. I think these helmets would be a great replacement for the carbon helmets (which I personally hate). I would only wear them for night games though. For regular games, I would love to see this design with a matte finish. Green matte helmets with silver shiny wings would be interesting.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I would have loved to see the chrome helmets with black matte wings. You would get glare from everything except the wings, making them stand out big time.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's like you freaking read my mind or something. I think these helmets would be a great replacement for the carbon helmets (which I personally hate). I would only wear them for night games though. For regular games, I would love to see this design with a matte finish. Green matte helmets with silver shiny wings would be interesting.

I had this exact thought during the game while trying to figure out how to solve my quibbles with the uniform.

A helmet with mixed styles like this would be amazing.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived