Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

#30 has the under shirt on, and the guy next to him. And the guy behind #25.... And you can't even see half the players arms in this pic.

Whatever. You can count more bare biceps than sleeved ones and the point is that most of the Oregon players opted to go without the undersleeves

Plus there wasn't any design on the sleeves. Check out pictures from the Army/Navy game and it's hard to find an Army player without the undershirt on. I know that Army's not your typical college football team, but when Nike gave them sleeves with stripes everyone wore them.

The Oregon undershirt did have a design on them. Check the press release photos.

Fantastic. I hope we see them again.

-1764defc24b5fe9c.JPG

I

I think that the helmet should've been matte green (yes, I said matte) and metallic yellow wings.

This photo is a perfect example why we can't put sleeve stripes on the undershirts: How many of the undershirts that were unveiled as part of this uniform do you see in this photo? If Nike can't get their pet project to put on an undershirt, they're definitely not going to get NFL players to do it.

With the nfl uniform rules, they'll have no problem

Just as the players would have no problem paying the fine for not wearing them. I think the state of NFL sock rules puts that one to rest. Players don't follow uniform rules if they don't want to because the penalties are not stiff.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#30 has the under shirt on, and the guy next to him. And the guy behind #25.... And you can't even see half the players arms in this pic.

Whatever. You can count more bare biceps than sleeved ones and the point is that most of the Oregon players opted to go without the undersleeves

Plus there wasn't any design on the sleeves. Check out pictures from the Army/Navy game and it's hard to find an Army player without the undershirt on. I know that Army's not your typical college football team, but when Nike gave them sleeves with stripes everyone wore them.

The Oregon undershirt did have a design on them. Check the press release photos.

-1764defc24b5fe9c.JPG

I

I think that the helmet should've been matte green (yes, I said matte) and metallic yellow wings.

This photo is a perfect example why we can't put sleeve stripes on the undershirts: How many of the undershirts that were unveiled as part of this uniform do you see in this photo? If Nike can't get their pet project to put on an undershirt, they're definitely not going to get NFL players to do it.

Just as the players would have no problem paying the fine for not wearing them. I think the state of NFL sock rules puts that one to rest. Players don't follow uniform rules if they don't want to because the penalties are not stiff.

Yeah but you see variations in socks and if the sleeves were enforced that would happen, but you NEVER see guys with ankle socks, just doesn't happen they always wear some kind of socks/ leggings covering their whole leg. With that being said, I think players would more than likely complain, a lot, about sleeves, should they be enforced. Enough so to where they would be...unenforced..?

-1764defc24b5fe9c.JPG

I

Yeah but you see variations in socks and if the sleeves were enforced that would happen, but you NEVER see guys with ankle socks, just doesn't happen they always wear some kind of socks/ leggings covering their whole leg. With that being said, I think players would more than likely complain, a lot, about sleeves, should they be enforced. Enough so to where they would be...unenforced..?

Which is... exactly my point. You will never see sleeves on every player on a football field unless they are part of the jersey itself.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

For anyone wanting one of those helmets, I got an email this morning from the university telling me replicas are now for sale... for $999.95 (plus shipping) ^_^

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Riddell_Oregon_Ducks_2012_Rose_Bowl_Game_Black_LiquidMetal_Speed_Authentic_Helmet

And... things have gotten officially out of control. I don't care what it involves, there's no way a mirror finish should increase the retail price by $700.

For anyone wanting one of those helmets, I got an email this morning from the university telling me replicas are now for sale... for $999.95 (plus shipping) ^_^

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Riddell_Oregon_Ducks_2012_Rose_Bowl_Game_Black_LiquidMetal_Speed_Authentic_Helmet

And... things have gotten officially out of control. I don't care what it involves, there's no way a mirror finish should increase the retail price by $700.

no way the school or nike paid anywhere close to $1k/helmet...just a total money grab on the school's part...I don't think the finish is cheap at all but it probably runs closer to an additional $150 on the wholesale cost of an unpainted helmet.

-1764defc24b5fe9c.JPG

I

Which is... exactly my point. You will never see sleeves on every player on a football field unless they are part of the jersey itself.

I think that people forget that nfl players started drastically altering their sleeves and jerseys in the late 70's/early 80's...lookk up old photos of jim burt with his laced tight jersey or the niners amd bears during the same period...most of the interior guys had no stripes on their sleeves because they were cut off...wilbur marshall was a perfect example of the era.

with that being said it was cool to watch ronnie lott play with the long sleeves and his black nike soccer cleats back then.

But it's so shiny!

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived