Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

I don't mind these helmets nearly as much as I might the carbon fiber helmets. For the most part, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, but I also appreciate TASTEFUL updates/modern uniforms. Now, chrome and black aren't Oregon's school colors, but they at least kept the overall style with the wings. They updated the numbers to match the wings.

I actually like these uniforms quite a bit. If they colors were green, yellow, and white ONLY, I would almost love these.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like everything about the uniform, except the chrome on the helmets. It wouldn't look as bad if the helmet was a matte black with the chrome wings, along with a black facemask, but as it is it just looks ridiculous.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

If the Raiders ever do an alt, this has to be the inspiration for it. I can imagine the Raider shield on that in the tone on tone look. Wow.

That would be the best helmet ever for the Cowboys.

See the evil that's being unleashed unto the world? Oregon must be stopped... :cursing:

tigercatssignature-1.png

Agreed. With some seriously shiny silver pants to match. That would look awesome. I hope NIKE does spice up the NFL a little.

I wonder what your definition of "a little" is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Agreed. With some seriously shiny silver pants to match. That would look awesome. I hope NIKE does spice up the NFL a little.

Nike released the prototype Cowboys uniform today:

TinmanLoose.jpg

In all seriousness, I would love an all chrome Cowboys uniform.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

TinmanLoose.jpg

Of course you would. Keep it classy Dallas.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The tighter fits of uniforms are also taking away their ability to cover padding, whether it's sleeveless jerseys exposing shoulder pads, overly tight tops exposing the back pads at the base of the spine, or the biker shorts that have led to the removal of knee padding.

Anything that causes padding to be exposed (making it unsafe for everyone) or requires the officials to work harder to read numbers (taking their eyes off the play as a whole) should be kept off the field.

Although I don't disagree with the legibility statements, I don't think the exposure of the arm pads is a harm to anyone. Anything that would harm someone that's in that area would harm them with fabric over it. having the arm pad exposed isn't going to cause harm to the player wearing it. As for the backpads I can see a point somewhat where that typically is a hard sharper plastic however those have been exposed in the college ranks since they started wearing them. (again, is a piece of fabric going to protect anyone from a back pad?) Anytime you have a jersey that doesn't tuck in they tend to ride up, especially when being tackled. Images of running backs with the back pad exposed have been seen for decades.

The biker shorts thing I agree with but until the NCAA madates knee pads (and if they do already, start enforcing it) its a comfort thing for the player. Or its a "bad ass" thing for the player. Either way that part is on the NCAA. A player can pull a regular pair of pants above his knee, cut them off, whatever. You notice that in these photos Nike is showing all padding including the knee pads. Heck even the butt pad which most High Schoolers don't wear.

Adidas tech fits (nike's might as well, I don't know for sure) have a pocket inside the shoulder that holds that shoulder pad in. If its put in there its VERY difficult to get out, it has to be pulled out. It won't fall out from random movement. The players are probably not using these pockets when they are exposed. The manufactures are not trying to have exposed padding, they are actually trying to keep it in.

From the 2011-12 NCAA football rulebook:

Specifications: Mandatory Equipment

ARTICLE 4

c. Jersey.

• 1. Design. The jersey must have sleeves that completely cover the shoulder pads. It must not be altered or designed to tear. It must conform with Rules 1-4-5 and paragraph 3 below. The jersey must be full-length and tucked into the pants.
  • 2. Color. See Rule 1-4-5 for specifications regarding colors of jerseys.
  • 3. Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color(s) in distinct contrast with the jersey.

d. Knee Pads. Knee pads must be at least 1/2-inch thick and must be covered by pants. It is strongly recommended that they cover the knees. No pads or protective equipment may be worn outside the pants.

This is also quoted under Illegal Equipment:

i. Rib pads, shoulder pad attachments and back protectors that are not totally covered.

I've seen firsthand that when shoulder pads become exposed through the sleeves, they don't sit flush to the shoulder, and some of the padding that's normally held down by the jersey sticks up and can cause injuries to other players. Same as the back pads.

The knee padding is listed there by definition. They're part of the pants, but if the players wear them like biker shorts, they're no longer knee pads, they're more like lower thigh pads.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

TinmanLoose.jpg

What can I say? I like things that are "different".

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

TinmanLoose.jpg

Hey, at least maybe then their silvers would match......well...probably.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

What's POTD?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I was saying that because I hate the Cowboys and their whole mis-matched blue color scheme. They need to pick a damn color already! As far as Oregon's Rose Bowl uniform, I like the jersey, wish the pants had some stripes, and I hate the helmet.

spacer.png

The only thing the Cowboys really need to change about their uniforms is fixing their standard pants. Make it a normal silver instead of that greenish gray and they're all set. No crazy Nike modernizations marketing gimmicks necessary.

Archived