randyc's NHL

randyc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the Blue Jackets. The X seen on each jersey as well as the striping patterns on the arms on somewhat of an homage to Union uniforms seen in the Civil War, and with a team like Columbus you can try just about anything considering they don't have one solid uniform look.

CBJ-Home-2013.png

CBJ-Road-2013.png

CBJ-Third-2013.png

iGLssSH.png

interesting...not sure what to think about the x on the front and back tho.

a few things i would change:

-make the shoulder patches larger (or get rid of them)

-change the tv numbers on the road to blue instead of white

-maybe make the striping a little thinner on the home/road (arms seem really busy)

-change the font of the home/roads to what they have now bc its unique

-and maybe try to see what the alt looks like without the white yoke

these arent terrible at all and i think that youre heading in a good direction

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Ducks: Love it. Better than what they have. Excellent blending of eras.

Calgary: Perfection.

Colorado: Only complaint is the black.

Edmonton: Not crazy about the widening pant stripe, but other than that, it's perfect.

Los Angeles: While I'll always prefer the purple and yellow, this is the direction my Kings should have gone this year. They should have hired you to rebrand. Two suggestions: match the pant stripe to the rest of the jersey and get rid of the Bettman stripes. And possibly add the purple and yellow as an alt?

Phoenix: Although I like their current set, this is beautiful and significantly better.

San Jose: Don't care for the numbers and I'm not in love with the sleeve design but it's okay and works for them. However, I'll always prefer more orange and less black.

Columbus: Awesome. Again, better than the current look. Love the new striping. One less two tone blue team in hockey works for me. However, for the alt, I don't like the numbers and white yoke still looks weird.

Overall, excellent work. Can't wait to see more!

Not sure how I missed the white numbers on the away Columbus jersey but they're fixed.

Next up, Detroit and Dallas. For the Stars, I brought back green as the main colour and got rid of the boring college hockey style jerseys they have now. The look I gave them is based off of the Minnesota North Stars jerseys of the past. As for Detroit, didn't want to change much and the only change is seen on the home jersey where the hem striping near the bottom of the jersey now matches the away jersey which Detroit has had in the past.

DAL-Home-2013.png

DAL-Road-2013.png

DET-Home-2013.png

DET-Road-2013.png

iGLssSH.png

I think you should add a black middle stoke to the numbers of the green Dallas jersey. I must ask though, how the hell did you arch the numbers of the red wings jersey?

I used to have a free trial of Adobe Illustrator and I just saved a bunch of that stuff as png's.

iGLssSH.png

Update time! Next up are my Canucks. With Vancouver I knew I was getting rid of the orca. After going to a game on Decemeber 19th I hated seeing Fin as the mascot in real life. I don't mind the orca as a logo but the Canucks need Johnny Canucks as the mascot and as the primary logo. So with that here are the Canucks as the Smythe Conference is now complete!

VAN-Home-2013.png

VAN-Road-2013.png

iGLssSH.png

These look absolutely incredible. I didn't think the full bodied Johnny Canuck logo would work as a primary crest but you've proven me wrong.

In fact all the concepts you've posted thus far are solid. I especially like the Northstars inspired Dallas set and the sublimated "X's" on the Blue Jackets. Top notch stuff.

i would like too seE the ducks wear wild-wing again!(INSTEAD OF THOSE ORANGE FEET) can someone tell me were i can find edgeifies jersey templates of old jerseys? plz! also cahnge the logo on the alternate for the yores, add orange to the sharks and remove the x from the blue jackets.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Love that Wild set! If they don't go back to their original jerseys, I'd love to see this.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Christmas colours or not, I really like the Wild's colour scheme

No one moans about Philadelphia wearing Halloween colours, no one should moan about Minnesota wearing Christmas colours.

Minnesota looks pretty good, and it's a nice, consistent look for them. Although the striping is a bit too thick on the home and road uniforms I think. I'd also change the name and number font on the third jersey since the modern wild and crazy numbering doesn't work too well with the classic looking script.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Love the overall look of this series so far.

Now as for the Wild, the set is fine but the script as the shoulder logos on the home and roads just don't do it for me. Neither does the shoulder yoke piping. I feel that with such a unique identity this team needs a more unique design.

Midway.png

Your Vancouver set is flawless, everything about it just screams hockey to me.

The Wild jerseys are great, love the home green with red and cream, with your alt jersey though I would like to see how it would look if you stretched the script a bit. Just seems a bit condensed with a long name such as Minnesota.

DLWatt.png

Archived