slats7

Dallas Cowboy helmet prototype

Were they seriously considering a helmet featuring a cowboy boot? The wire photo dates to 1964, which is the year they switched to metallic blue helmets with outlined blue stars. Looks like they were considering other design options as well.

12-3scans0000025A.jpg

To be completely honest, that's not a half bad logo. It might not go along with the Cowboys' tradition, but I truly think that would be a nice-looking helmet.

I kinda like the boot helmet. Much more creative than just the star.

I doubt the Cowboys or their helmets would be as iconic today with a boot on it, but it was clever of them to substitute a star for a spur.

Well if noone else I wore it, I think it would have been and with the star on the stirrup, it'd have been easy for the star to come back.

I hate the Cowboys with every fiber of my body. Seriously. So. Much. But to say the putting a star on the Cowboys helmet isn't that creative is silly. It's easily the most iconic symbol in football.

I hate the Cowboys with every fiber of my body. Seriously. So. Much. But to say the putting a star on the Cowboys helmet isn't that creative is silly. It's easily the most iconic symbol in football.

As well as the most pretentious.

:P

I don't know how many people will get what Buc's post alludes to, but well done my man.

The boot and star look like they have some kind of texture. Can't tell the color, either. Not navy, though.

The boot certainly would have been a good idea to communicate Cowboy. Works in any state.

What is with the circle star logo on the INSIDE of the other helmet? And I think the boot is silly in 2011, but in '64 would have been fine. I think a D with a spur and a star would be a unique alternate.

A good rule of thum, don't have pictures of items you wear on other items you wear.

The boot and star look like they have some kind of texture. Can't tell the color, either. Not navy, though.

The boot certainly would have been a good idea to communicate Cowboy. Works in any state.

I can't think of any team that sported a boot on their helmet. A picture of footwear on your head would look weird.

I can't think of any team that sported a boot on their helmet. A picture of footwear on your head would look weird.

I agree with this, which is why I dislike the Red Sox alt cap.

>>>>>

I absolutely love Dallas' 1960-1963 uniforms . . thumbsup.gif

09000d5d8246ff05_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d82470f7a_gallery_600.jpg

5039012.jpg

Different blues.

True. The 1960-63 unis were royal blue, not navy blue like the faux throwbacks.

146ji.jpg

I don't know how many people will get what Buc's post alludes to, but well done my man.

Dennis appreciates this post.

I'd assume it's cowhide.

Or maybe snakeskin.