Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

Yeah, the striping differences absolutely ruined them for me. It was comical at times. The big guys looked horrible, and the skill players looked like they had backpacks on. Daryl Smith was the only guy who wore the original cut.

Damn here I am thinking Im the only person on the planet that knew he was the only one to still wear the original cut. Sometimes when Im watching the game and they are getting destoyed Ill just look for Daryl Smith to checkout what the unis are supposed to look like. Its not just the jerseys the pants arent the originals either.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the striping differences absolutely ruined them for me. It was comical at times. The big guys looked horrible, and the skill players looked like they had backpacks on. Daryl Smith was the only guy who wore the original cut.

Damn here I am thinking Im the only person on the planet that knew he was the only one to still wear the original cut. Sometimes when Im watching the game and they are getting destoyed Ill just look for Daryl Smith to checkout what the unis are supposed to look like. Its not just the jerseys the pants arent the originals either.

Yeah man, the curves on the pant design were all messed up too. Pretty much just a straight line now. I also hated how the Captain patches were sewn on our Jerseys on the piping. Argh. We need these changes.

In a few years, everyone will be cursing Nike and celebrating UA's takeover. Then they'll curse UA and celebrate Reebok's return. Then they'll curse Reebok and long for the good ole days of Nike again. The manufacturers come and go. There's only one constant, and that's where blame should go.

When does Wilson, Logo Athletic, Apex One, Champion or Puma get to come back??

if the league really wanted great uniforms they'd bring back sand-knit and macgregor

Isn't Rypon the company that bought the old Sand-Knit factory when they went under? If I'm correct then technically the soon to be gone Reebok game uniforms were actually made by the successor to Sand-Knit just not designed by them.

It's Ripon, and yes, they have manufactured the majority of the on-field jerseys for many, many years, including when Nike had part of the NFL contract in the 90s. Nike has informed Ripon that they will not be using them this time around.

Brain fart there - I guess I was thinking of the old Redskins QB Mark Rypien when I typed "Rypon" instead of "Ripon". If I'm remembering it correctly Ripon actually did the on-field gear for several "suppliers" - Nike, Reebok, adidas, Puma, Starter, and Logo Athletic back in the days just prior to the soon-to-expire Reebok deal. I'm not sure about Apex One; they might have been their own thing or they might also have been Ripon. I belive only Wilson, Russell, and Champion did their own on-field gear back then.

Live in New York, but I do donate tickets to the USO and try to fly down at least once a year to catch a game. Also get that Sunday ticket so I dont miss a play. Havent missed a game since 2003, and that was my friends moms fault. I'll never forget that. <_<

I live 4 hours south of Jville I try to make it to training camp and at least one game a year. The one thing Ive noticed about Jaguars fans is that they know there stuff. If I ever see another person wearing Jags gear I go talk to them,see if they know what they are talking about. 9 out of 10 times they do. Half the dolphins fans around I talk to have no clue whats going on with their team.

I live 4 hours south of Jville I try to make it to training camp and at least one game a year. The one thing Ive noticed about Jaguars fans is that they know there stuff. If I ever see another person wearing Jags gear I go talk to them,see if they know what they are talking about. 9 out of 10 times they do. Half the dolphins fans around I talk to have no clue whats going on with their team.

We might be a small fan base, but we're passionate! Im in Korea now, but whenever I move back Im gonna try to get me and my wife that 30-30 plan.

THIS IS DECENT

127875093_extra_large.jpg

THESE ARE FOOLISH

ff132670rtWillStart.jpg

32TysonAlualuSalute121111--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

THIS IS DECENT

127875093_extra_large.jpg

THESE ARE FOOLISH

ff132670rtWillStart.jpg

32TysonAlualuSalute121111--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

IMO they all 3 suck. Just different levels of suckatude.

Drew Hampton @JagsEquipment

RT @howdoiwords: @JagsEquipment do you have any idea when The new uniforms will be revealed? 2013

Well its offical same unis for next year,overhall the year after. As a Jaguars fan Im excited for a redesign and I also cant wait to see the current set with fixed stripes.

So all that "we're getting new uniforms next year because the equipment manager did a 180 on Twitter!" turned out to be nonsense?

Good to know ;)

Not really. He went from saying only changes planned were new black alternate jerseys and striping fixes by Nike. Then when asked again months later said too early to tell. Jags probably tried getting the full changes done this year and couldnt get it done in time. Once the owners son asked about uni changes and the equipment manager changed his tune it was pretty much a given they would be overhalling the uniforms very soon.

Archived