Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they couldn't get changes done in time. Isn't that what I said before Jaguars Nation collectively came down on me for daring to speak ill of their team? :P

Im just guessing thats what happend. Im a Jags fan and thought the same as you did,it would be too late in the process to get an overhall. I figured black alternate this year wholesale changes next season. The reason I thought change was coming though was from the owners son's tweet and the 180 the equipment manager did.

C'mon Ice_cap. You said it was just Khan's son playing with his dads new toy and it had no validity. I wasnt sure if the rules applied with the new Nike deal. There is a change coming. Also, this will only be the 4th year in this design, so apparently the 5 year-same design rule isn't being applied.

Cap, they were right and you were wrong. Changes didn't happen this offseason because of time but would have if they could. Basicly, the changes were a quick decisision.

Hehe. No. They were convinced that this would happen this upcoming season because the equipment manager "pulled a 180" after Tony Khan got Twitter happy. I was the one saying, pages back, that nothing big would happen this upcoming season because Khan bought the team to late into the process to make any changes. Turns out I was right.

I can see I've angered the Jaguars Living Room though, so I'll leave it at that ;)

Cap, they were right and you were wrong. Changes didn't happen this offseason because of time but would have if they could. Basicly, the changes were a quick decisision.

Hehe. No. They were convinced that this would happen this upcoming season because the equipment manager "pulled a 180" after Tony Khan got Twitter happy. I was the one saying, pages back, that nothing big would happen this upcoming season because Khan bought the team to late into the process to make any changes. Turns out I was right.

I can see I've angered the Jaguars Living Room though, so I'll leave it at that ;)

I'm an outsider to this conversation. I agree with Ice Cap's view of how this all went down.

FWIW.

It's where I sit.

My two cents...the Jags shimmery helmet ruins the black on the rest of the uniform. The black pants just look too plain with that helmet. This jersey is really going to show what I'm talking about more.

crop_450x500_GYI0058329245.jpg

...if that's legit.

That's a Photoshop of the NFLPA College All Star Game jersey, which used the Jags' template. See the NFL thread for the original pic.

Regardless, it's actually not a bad looking jersey.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Has there been a technology developed for pants fabric that could mimic the look of the helmets? Meaning, they would be a shimmery black with teal highlights in the light. That could be a cool idea.

I love the helmet. I hate everything about the jersey: bad striping, bad number font, lack of using any of their outstanding alternate logos. Really hope they get it right this time.

Has there been a technology developed for pants fabric that could mimic the look of the helmets? Meaning, they would be a shimmery black with teal highlights in the light. That could be a cool idea.

I love the helmet. I hate everything about the jersey: bad striping, bad number font, lack of using any of their outstanding alternate logos. Really hope they get it right this time.

Im not sure if color shifting pants could work, but I'd at least like to see what they would look like! According to Drew, the black alternates are happening this year, which is cool but I still can't wait until they just completely overhaul their current look

A 3rd Jags fan? Miracles do happen!!

A final tweet from Jags equipment manager Drew Hampton.

"RT @Adepofi: @JagsEquipment so the Jaguars are bringing back the black jersey this season and next season they will have new jerseys ? Yes"

So this year will be like a 1 year run with a black alt apparently?

https://twitter.com/#!/JagsEquipment/status/162255440305061888

"RT @Adepofi: @JagsEquipment so the Jaguars are bringing back the black jersey this season and next season they will have new jerseys ? Yes"

3rd Jag fan? There is like 5 or 6 of us.We are taking over.

3rd Jag fan? There is like 5 or 6 of us.We are taking over.

Dear Jaguar Dinner Table,

Good to see the few of you eating up this new black alt. The entire set still sucks, though. Looking forward to them screwing up their look even further as they become the NFL's answer to the San Diego Padres. (And I say all this as a former dinner guest.)

Signed,

bucco_B

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Would it be possible for a team to make pants using electronic textiles?

Then, they could theoretically computer-generate a shimmer effect that looks like the helmets.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Drew was just saying that Nike is not changing every single uniform. They are changing some, guaranteed.

What Reebok did to SEVERAL jerseys was unforgivable. Good Riddance.

Be careful what you wish for. Have you seen college football lately? Reebok may not have been the best, but I can't say Nike is consistently better.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived