Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

I think it's just the old ProCombat template with a thicker collar, and the Flywire is moved to the collar.

nike-pro-combat-uniforms-lsu.jpg

Pretty much. The flywire/collar area is the main detail.

Looking at that LSU jeresy makes me think we will at least see the Colts in proper shoulder stripes again. What Reebok did was unforgivable. So does this Flywire gimmic suppose to prevent the shoulder pads from coming out?

Take away the colored armpits and this jersey doesn't look too much different than a standard colts jersey of the past decade or so. The colored armpit gives the illusion of a greater wrap-around effect, but it does not look good as a design element. If they insist on keeping this colored armpit panel for shoulder loop teams, it's not a good trade-off in my opinion.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been a technology developed for pants fabric that could mimic the look of the helmets? Meaning, they would be a shimmery black with teal highlights in the light. That could be a cool idea.

I love the helmet. I hate everything about the jersey: bad striping, bad number font, lack of using any of their outstanding alternate logos. Really hope they get it right this time.

Im not sure if color shifting pants could work, but I'd at least like to see what they would look like! According to Drew, the black alternates are happening this year, which is cool but I still can't wait until they just completely overhaul their current look

Kids used to wear those baggy dress shirts that shifted from maroon to black to Homecoming all the time in the early 00s. Of course it's possible. I'd love to see Jacksonville or Oregon develop a color shifting pant and jersey (never to be worn together) that matches their respective color shifting helmets.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it's just the old ProCombat template with a thicker collar, and the Flywire is moved to the collar.

Looking at that LSU jeresy makes me think we will at least see the Colts in proper shoulder stripes again. What Reebok did was unforgivable. So does this Flywire gimmic suppose to prevent the shoulder pads from coming out?

Take away the colored armpits and this jersey doesn't look too much different than a standard colts jersey of the past decade or so. The colored armpit gives the illusion of a greater wrap-around effect, but it does not look good as a design element. If they insist on keeping this colored armpit panel for shoulder loop teams, it's not a good trade-off in my opinion.

Agreed. Armpit panel ruins this look.

Agreed. Armpit panel ruins this any look.

FTFY

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Has there been a technology developed for pants fabric that could mimic the look of the helmets? Meaning, they would be a shimmery black with teal highlights in the light. That could be a cool idea.

I love the helmet. I hate everything about the jersey: bad striping, bad number font, lack of using any of their outstanding alternate logos. Really hope they get it right this time.

Im not sure if color shifting pants could work, but I'd at least like to see what they would look like! According to Drew, the black alternates are happening this year, which is cool but I still can't wait until they just completely overhaul their current look

Kids used to wear those baggy dress shirts that shifted from maroon to black to Homecoming all the time in the early 00s. Of course it's possible. I'd love to see Jacksonville or Oregon develop a color shifting pant and jersey (never to be worn together) that matches their respective color shifting helmets.

I meant I don't know id the color-shifting pants look would work. That would have a good chance of looking too crazy. I'd like to see a mock up of it though

I meant I don't know id the color-shifting pants look would work. That would have a good chance of looking too crazy. I'd like to see a mock up of it though

I see where you're coming from, and I have no doubt that if a sportswear company actually did this, they'd find some way to overdo it. When you have such a bold design element like a pair of color-shifting pants, I think you have to let it speak for itself and leave all the bells and whistles off of it. A pair of color shifting pants would look great, maybe even with a small stripe element. A pair of color shifting pants with strangely-shaped, curvy, colored panels and a dot pattern fade would look overdone, and I'm sure that's how the sportswear companies would do it. A design element like that needs to be treated like TCU's frog pants; little or no ornamentation.

A 3rd Jags fan? Miracles do happen!!

A final tweet from Jags equipment manager Drew Hampton.

"RT @Adepofi: @JagsEquipment so the Jaguars are bringing back the black jersey this season and next season they will have new jerseys ? Yes"

So this year will be like a 1 year run with a black alt apparently?

https://twitter.com/#!/JagsEquipment/status/162255440305061888

3rd Jag fan? There is like 5 or 6 of us.We are taking over.

Dear Jaguar Dinner Table,

Good to see the few of you eating up this new black alt. The entire set still sucks, though. Looking forward to them screwing up their look even further as they become the NFL's answer to the San Diego Padres. (And I say all this as a former dinner guest.)

Signed,

bucco_B

And if the new look is sick? Then all is well, and it will be our last change for a VERY long time.

I have to say ive never been fond of this design. The previous was so much better. What we have now is just bland and lacking gold and is missing the uniqueness that the jaguars uniforms once held. Anyways as for the 2013 change Nike did great once before hopefully they can do it again.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived