Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jaguars have always struck me as having an extremely volatile color scheme. If put together wrong, the teal, black, and gold can look like the 90's threw up. But when put together correctly, it can create a wonderful color scheme. I take the numbers, for example, from their previous set. I love the look of the teal with gold accents, but the black muddles it. The same can be said for the cuffs, where the gold and black mix to remind me of some horrid college uniform from way back (Doug Flutie anyone?). Simple is the name of the game. Maybe something modernly simple... thin lines, single outlines. Keep colors apart...

Plug- I think I've got ideas for my next team in my Redesign...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The Jaguars have always struck me as having an extremely volatile color scheme. If put together wrong, the teal, black, and gold can look like the 90's threw up. But when put together correctly, it can create a wonderful color scheme. I take the numbers, for example, from their previous set. I love the look of the teal with gold accents, but the black muddles it. The same can be said for the cuffs, where the gold and black mix to remind me of some horrid college uniform from way back (Doug Flutie anyone?). Simple is the name of the game. Maybe something modernly simple... thin lines, single outlines. Keep colors apart...

Plug- I think I've got ideas for my next team in my Redesign...

I agree. They are one of the few professional teams who have survived the 90's 'teal-ization' movement. Black, Teal, and Gold can work really well if done correctly. They took a step back when they removed the gold from the current set. Add gold and you've got a winner, regardless of the crappy jersey design.

fred-taylor.jpg

I've always liked the black numbers versus the teal numbers. But looking at the piping down the pants, the teal numbers fit better.

When they inverted the pants piping where the black available, the black jersey numbers looked better.

And does anyone remember these pair of black pants?

brunell_i.jpg

Go A's!

I agree that the Jags should bring gold back as an accent color. To be quite honest I'm not a fan of the teal flaked black helmets. I'd personally prefer for them to go back to a regular black helmet. Finally they should go back to their previous number font. It looks way better than the font they use now.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The problem when they switched the color of the numbers to black on the aways is they lost almost all of the teal from the uniform,same with the all black uniforms.The new uniforms need gold and need the stripes to match on all the players. Id go with an all new desin with teal jerseys black pants for home with a unique design,not a recolor of striping like almoat all the other teams with the classic sleeve striping.I would keep the helmets they use now and Im sure they will use a custom font like most of the new sets have.

Well, technically they cannot officially change uniforms for a few more years, but that being said, they can add an alternate. Maybe a black alternate is what we will see.

Or perhaps, how about instead of a wholesale change, how about a tweak like this:

JaguarsConcept.png

No. Doesn't fix anything.

Go back to the last set where the teal numbers were used on the white jerseys. That was as close to perfect as they were. Add the current "teal-flaked" helmet, and you have Jaguar perfection... until they move, at least.

To which I say...HELL NAW.

I really wish (and think) they should just go back to the 1998-2001 home/away/alt set, striped black pants option included, and call it a day. That's the best they've ever looked...porobably the best they ever will look if things keep going the way they're going with them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, technically they cannot officially change uniforms for a few more years, but that being said, they can add an alternate. Maybe a black alternate is what we will see.

Or perhaps, how about instead of a wholesale change, how about a tweak like this:

JaguarsConcept.png

Actually that is a downgrade from what they have now...Every NFL team IMO should have some sort of striping on their pants.

spacer.png

Overall I like there current look. The only changes I would make are, work some gold into the uniforms. Perhaps make the jersey stripes gold and black for both their home and away jerseys. And make the numbers on their away jersey teal with black outline, instead of what they have now.

Archived