Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How and why did a Jaguars uniform thread get Ramjacked?

As for the 2012 uniforms, I don't seem how changing brands would magically lift or change the NFL's current uniform rules. If anything, it seems the NFL is becoming more stricter. I just find it impossible to believe the Jags will have brand new uniforms in April since they just changed them. I stand by my thoughts that they are only getting newer Nike materials, the stripes adjusted to look better, and a black 3rd alternate.

Who knows if the rules apply with Nike taking over though.

Well that's certainly a possibility - albeit a slight one. Of course we don't know for sure because none of us have seen the actual deal.

The thing to keep in mind is that the "rules" are there for several reasons. Among others, 1 - to give the league time to work with all of its other licensees (toy makers, board game makers, bed sheet makers, anyone who uses official files) time to implement the new designs into their products and retire their old ones, 2 - to get all of the advertisers up to date (TV commercials, those stupid pennant flags that have a beer sponsor logo on them that are in every bar, etc, and 3 - to make sure the team isn't just rushing anything only to say "oh wait, we shoulda done this", oh well, we'll change it next year.

It's a lot of work for the entire league when a team changes up, so it's doubtful that Nike could wield that kind of power that they'd get an exception. They're really not the big factor in all of this. Again, I'll admit that it's possible, especially if they made the deal sweet enough for the league, but it's unlikely.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well that's certainly a possibility - albeit a slight one. Of course we don't know for sure because none of us have seen the actual deal.

The thing to keep in mind is that the "rules" are there for several reasons. Among others, 1 - to give the league time to work with all of its other licensees (toy makers, board game makers, bed sheet makers, anyone who uses official files) time to implement the new designs into their products and retire their old ones, 2 - to get all of the advertisers up to date (TV commercials, those stupid pennant flags that have a beer sponsor logo on them that are in every bar, etc, and 3 - to make sure the team isn't just rushing anything only to say "oh wait, we shoulda done this", oh well, we'll change it next year.

It's a lot of work for the entire league when a team changes up, so it's doubtful that Nike could wield that kind of power that they'd get an exception. They're really not the big factor in all of this. Again, I'll admit that it's possible, especially if they made the deal sweet enough for the league, but it's unlikely.

You make very good points. I thought the same thing until the equipment manager changed his tune on whats going to be changed. He went from telling us for sure what was happening in great detail,to a wait and see approach. Anything is possible when you get Nike coming in and a guy who shelled out 760 million dollars for a team that wants to change the uniforms I'm sure the NFL can brush those rules aside.

You make very good points. I thought the same thing until the equipment manager changed his tune on whats going to be changed. He went from telling us for sure what was happening in great detail,to a wait and see approach. Anything is possible when you get Nike coming in and a guy who shelled out 760 million dollars for a team that wants to change the uniforms I'm sure the NFL can brush those rules aside.

I suppose if the owner and Nike can prove that the current uniform resulted in lower jersey sales versus their original set, then it may be possible for the NFL to allow a change. It's hard to say since none of us are involved in these closed-door discussions.

All the signs are pointing towards new uniforms, but I understand the previous rules seem to prevent it. Maybe the rules will be applied the year after the Nike take over? Who knows. We'll find out eventually.

I just don't see what makes Jacksonville so special that the NFL will allow them to break a rule that they are very strict about. So strict, they wouldn't allow the Broncos to switch home and alternate (a uniform which already existed) just because they didn't ask by a certain date. Other than jersey sales dropping (like I mentioned above), I just can't see completely new uniforms.

All the signs are pointing towards new uniforms, but I understand the previous rules seem to prevent it. Maybe the rules will be applied the year after the Nike take over? Who knows. We'll find out eventually.

I just don't see what makes Jacksonville so special that the NFL will allow them to break a rule that they are very strict about. So strict, they wouldn't allow the Broncos to switch home and alternate (a uniform which already existed) just because they didn't ask by a certain date. Other than jersey sales dropping (like I mentioned above), I just can't see completely new uniforms.

I really have no idea, but the signs do point to new jerseys. Jags equipment managers complete change of tone and Blaine's tweet lead me to believe a change will happen. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what it seems like.

Maybe it has to do with the ProCombat cut... I don't think it would be out of the question for the league to allow a team to change their uniforms if the current set doesn't transfer well onto the ProCombat template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe it has to do with the ProCombat cut... I don't think it would be out of the question for the league to allow a team to change their uniforms if the current set doesn't transfer well onto the ProCombat template.

I thought Nike wasn't using their Pro Combat uniforms in the NFL. I thought it was going to be some sort of new Speed uniforms. Regardless, it seems all they are doing is just ensuring the stripes match up better and a black alternate. Maybe we will see some leaks soon.

My god the current font is horrible.

Anyway, what is the speed machine template?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

blaine gabbert just tweeted he was at a nike football photo shoot and the new unis next year will be nice. so they might be getting all new unis after all.

https://twitter.com/#!/BlaineGabbert/status/158755276944707585

Well, thank god.

Considering it was a Nike shoot, he could just be talking about the cut/materials/fitting of the new brand

You think this guy thinks that a new uniform cut is "niiiiiiiiiiice"?

Didn't necessarily say it was what he was talking about, just pointing out that it was possible and everyone seemed to be jumping to conclusions

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived