Jaguars thinking about changing uni

TSHARE18

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god the current font is horrible.

I just realized that it looks like a poor Chinese knockoff of the Patriots' numeral font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think it's just the old ProCombat template with a thicker collar, and the Flywire is moved to the collar.

nike-pro-combat-uniforms-lsu.jpg

Pretty much. The flywire/collar area is the main detail.

Looking at that LSU jeresy makes me think we will at least see the Colts in proper shoulder stripes again. What Reebok did was unforgivable. So does this Flywire gimmic suppose to prevent the shoulder pads from coming out?

My god the current font is horrible.

I just realized that it looks like a poor Chinese knockoff of the Patriots' numeral font.

I'm not sure I see that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Drew said this on Jan 15: "There is some confusion with Nike taking over. They will make the uniforms. Not make NEW uniforms. The pictures on the Internet are fake." I guess we gotta wait a year or 2

No, Nike will be using Nike materials and apparently this so-called flywire thingy on the 32 teams. This also means most of the teams will look slightly different. Side note, everyone knew those photoshop pictures were fake.

Drew was just saying that Nike is not changing every single uniform. They are changing some, guaranteed.

What Reebok did to SEVERAL jerseys was unforgivable. Good Riddance.

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about all of the NFL. He works for the Jags, so Im thinking that means no new uniform for Jacksonville this year (except maybe the black alternate)

In a few years, everyone will be cursing Nike and celebrating UA's takeover. Then they'll curse UA and celebrate Reebok's return. Then they'll curse Reebok and long for the good ole days of Nike again. The manufacturers come and go. There's only one constant, and that's where blame should go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In a few years, everyone will be cursing Nike and celebrating UA's takeover. Then they'll curse UA and celebrate Reebok's return. Then they'll curse Reebok and long for the good ole days of Nike again. The manufacturers come and go. There's only one constant, and that's where blame should go.

When does Wilson, Logo Athletic, Apex One, Champion or Puma get to come back??

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

if the league really wanted great uniforms they'd bring back sand-knit and macgregor

if the league really wanted great uniforms they'd bring back sand-knit and macgregor

Isn't Rypon the company that bought the old Sand-Knit factory when they went under? If I'm correct then technically the soon to be gone Reebok game uniforms were actually made by the successor to Sand-Knit just not designed by them.

From John Oehser, Jaguars Senior Writer for Jaguars.com

Q: Do you know if Mr. Khan will be adjusting our uniforms or will make an attempt to bring our all black uniforms back?

John: I?ve gotten a lot of questions on the uniforms. I know it?s an important issue for the fans. It?s an important issue for Mr. Khan and the Jaguars, too, and a change almost certainly is coming. The question is when. I?m told that it?s being heavily explored with Nike and if it can?t be done this season there definitely will be something in 2013. As far as specific colors go, that?s down the road.

From John Oehser, Jaguars Senior Writer for Jaguars.com

Q: Do you know if Mr. Khan will be adjusting our uniforms or will make an attempt to bring our all black uniforms back?

John: I?ve gotten a lot of questions on the uniforms. I know it?s an important issue for the fans. It?s an important issue for Mr. Khan and the Jaguars, too, and a change almost certainly is coming. The question is when. I?m told that it?s being heavily explored with Nike and if it can?t be done this season there definitely will be something in 2013. As far as specific colors go, that?s down the road.

Well there you have it. I knew there was a reason the equipment manager totally changed his tune and said still too early to tell. I figured Shad Khan was tryin to see if Nike can get them changed for this season.We shall see soon enough. I tried giving the Jags new set a chance to grow on me but the striping differences between player to player and the lack of gold was a downgrade.

Yeah, the striping differences absolutely ruined them for me. It was comical at times. The big guys looked horrible, and the skill players looked like they had backpacks on. Daryl Smith was the only guy who wore the original cut.

Isn't Rypon the company that bought the old Sand-Knit factory when they went under? If I'm correct then technically the soon to be gone Reebok game uniforms were actually made by the successor to Sand-Knit just not designed by them.

It's Ripon, and yes, they have manufactured the majority of the on-field jerseys for many, many years, including when Nike had part of the NFL contract in the 90s. Nike has informed Ripon that they will not be using them this time around.

Archived