Wikipedia's 2012 MLB Uniforms

Silent Wind of Doom

Hey, everybody. If you can't tell by my avatar, I am the same Silent Wind of Doom who created and maintains the uniform images for the MLB on Wikipedia, which are displayed in each team's infobox. I also created the NFL and NHL templates but those have been taken over for the most part by our own JohnnySeoul and group of hockey fans respectively.

I've become busy with various things, and became lax in the work in the last year, but I've taken the opportunity a couple days ago to update the MLB uniforms for 2012. I usually save this until after Spring Training so I can see the uniforms in action and make sure everything's correct, but since some people have started deleting images such as the Padres and Blue Jays for being inaccurate, I decided to get the jump on it. Now, usually I just leave things as they are, and fix if I find any inaccuracies or get told of something by another user. This year, however, I realized that I have a great resource in my fellow users here.

So here's the link to the images: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Major_League_Baseball_uniforms

Let me know if I've made any mistakes, or just leave some good ol' C&C. Your help is greatly appreciated.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indians: Blue alternate intended to be worn on the road.

Royals: Royal blue jersey is a road alternate.

Twins: They don't use the M hat with the blue jerseys. And the Twins version of the blue jersey is for use at home with the pinstriped pants.

Mariners: New navy jersey reads Seattle and is used on the road. Also teal brimmed cap is back to go with teal jerseys.

Athletics + Rays: Maybe not formally, but the A's green and the Rays navy jerseys are usually used on the road.

Rangers: Royal blue usually used on the road, also home combination with red undershirts, socks, and caps, might we worth adding.

Astros: I think they wear black socks with the home alternate (brick script + cap)

Nicely done, though. I'm not sure about everything I listed, but those are the things that came to mind.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Rangers: Royal blue usually used on the road, also home combination with red undershirts, socks, and caps, might we worth adding.

The blue jersey is worn at home as well, but I wouldn't bother putting the red undershirts, socks and caps with the home jersey. More than likely, only one white uniform is gonna be shown, so the usual blue "fixings" would be more accurate. The red stuff is just some superstitious thing the players did.

Also, the Rockies are dropping the road pins.

Has any of the guys in the know confirmed this? All that's been said, as far as I know, is that there are changes to the road uniforms. Until they're unveiled or one of those guys can confirm that the pinstripes are in fact gone, you can't really assume what the new ones are gonna look like and make a change.

Has any of the guys in the know confirmed this? All that's been said, as far as I know, is that there are changes to the road uniforms. Until they're unveiled or one of those guys can confirm that the pinstripes are in fact gone, you can't really assume what the new ones are gonna look like and make a change.

I'm just saying what everyone else has been saying.

spacer.png

The Mariners teal alternates do not have a jersey number below the 'MARINERS' script. Also just to reaffirm, their navy road alts now read 'SEATTLE' and the jersey number has been removed from the front of those, and the navy cap with the teal bill is indeed returning and will be worn with the teal alts.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Athletics + Rays: Maybe not formally, but the A's green and the Rays navy jerseys are usually used on the road.

To clarify, the Rays light blue jersey is specifically a home Sunday alt. The navy one is usually used on weekday day games and whenever on the road.

I'm just saying what everyone else has been saying.

New roads being unveiled at FanFest in January. Confirmed by team. It's in the 2012 changes thread too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Hey, everybody. If you can't tell by my avatar, I am the same Silent Wind of Doom who created and maintains the uniform images for the MLB on Wikipedia, which are displayed in each team's infobox. I also created the NFL and NHL templates but those have been taken over for the most part by our own JohnnySeoul and group of hockey fans respectively.

not "ours" anymore.

Any reason these have to be in raster? Not criticizing you, but the quality is terrible.

not "ours" anymore.

Any reason these have to be in raster? Not criticizing you, but the quality is terrible.

I think Johnny said something about Wikipedia having to put them in terrible quality for copyright purposes or whatever.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

not "ours" anymore.

I think Johnny said something about Wikipedia having to put them in terrible quality for copyright/ purposes or whatever.

he did, but the claim is suspect on its face, when the logos themselves are always in vector format.

Wikipedia is always really bitchy and anal about copyright.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes.

But none of that explains why the uniforms needed to be in raster format while the logos, by far more valuable to counterfeiters, were required to be uploaded only in a very-stealable vector format.

I presumed it was just a facet of Johnny's ownership of the concept. That he didn't have Illustrator or another vector program. That's the only logical argument I could come up with.

Archived