2011 Tank Awards Year in Review

NJTank

You hockey fans can throw out the winning percentage if you want, but I'll give you this: The Bruins finished the regular season with the NHL's 7th best record in 2011. The Packers went wire-to-wire with the NFL's best record in 2011.

Alright, I'll give you that (even though this season isn't even over yet, and the Packers could very well get taken out of the playoffs early via an upset).

Gentlemen, there's no question that the "best team of the year" is the St. Louis Cardinals. All but dead in August, World Champions in October.

BB52Big.jpg

You hockey fans can throw out the winning percentage if you want, but I'll give you this: The Bruins finished the regular season with the NHL's 7th best record in 2011. The Packers went wire-to-wire with the NFL's best record in 2011.

Alright, I'll give you that (even though this season isn't even over yet, and the Packers could very well get taken out of the playoffs early via an upset).

Gentlemen, there's no question that the "best team of the year" is the St. Louis Cardinals. All but dead in August, World Champions in October.

You're kidding, right? :wacko:

This is now twice that the Cards have limped into the MLB Postseason only to win it all because other, BETTER teams couldn't put them away when they easily should've.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm sorry, but of all people, tNak shouldn't be labeling anyone Fat Ass of the Year...

anyone else, anyway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You're kidding, right? :wacko:

This is now twice that the Cards have limped into the MLB Postseason only to win it all because other, BETTER teams couldn't put them away when they easily should've.

Well I was half-kidding but since you brought it up...

So those championships didn't count? :rolleyes: Doesn't matter what "BETTER" teams "couldn't do." Those better teams didn't do it.

BB52Big.jpg

The Cardinals were far from a great team this season, but I don't really think they can be described as having limped into the playoffs this time around. They finished the regular season by overcoming a 10 game deficit in the standings with a little over a month to play.

To compare them to the 2006 team that nearly choked away a huge, late divisional lead and actually did limp into October is a bit insulting.

spacer.png

Archived