The NHL meets the NFL

Midway

DET: Much, much better. Only thing I see that you could possibly try would be to invert to sock colors on the away?

CHI: Looks like a great football uniform, yet still looks like the Hawks. The stripes on the sleeve look a little off to me, though maybe just because of squeezing in that great secondary logo?

OTT: I think you should save the off white for a possible alt. That red will probably look better with white. I'd be curious to see you continue the stripe around the chest/numbers. It'd look more consistent and I believe the NY Giants had a similar pattern sometime in the 30s. Maybe like 1935 or so?

Det: Done and done

Chi: Thanks, I intended the striping to look that way

Ott: The offwhite seems really out of place when I make the away white. I want to avoid making the Sens another Black, Red, & White team so I have to somehow make the color scheme work but I'm stumped. I also want to keep the striping as is to keep the Habs as the only full-chest stripe team, and perhaps another....

DET:Socks look great now.

OTT: Maybe it's my monitor but the off white almost looks a little yellow. Perhaps a little brighter shade might help? And what about having those stripes on the sleeves instead of the chest? Or maybe on an undershirt and socks?

I switched the off-white to the one used in Ottawa's official shield logo to see if it looked better and it does. No weird mayonnaise effect :P

Not sure what much else I can/should do to it as I'm fine with how it is. I've also been toying around with the Kings lately but it's going to be a challenge...

Midway.png

DET: Much, much better. Only thing I see that you could possibly try would be to invert to sock colors on the away?

CHI: Looks like a great football uniform, yet still looks like the Hawks. The stripes on the sleeve look a little off to me, though maybe just because of squeezing in that great secondary logo?

OTT: I think you should save the off white for a possible alt. That red will probably look better with white. I'd be curious to see you continue the stripe around the chest/numbers. It'd look more consistent and I believe the NY Giants had a similar pattern sometime in the 30s. Maybe like 1935 or so?

Det: Done and done

Chi: Thanks, I intended the striping to look that way

Ott: The offwhite seems really out of place when I make the away white. I want to avoid making the Sens another Black, Red, & White team so I have to somehow make the color scheme work but I'm stumped. I also want to keep the striping as is to keep the Habs as the only full-chest stripe team, and perhaps another....

DET:Socks look great now.

OTT: Maybe it's my monitor but the off white almost looks a little yellow. Perhaps a little brighter shade might help? And what about having those stripes on the sleeves instead of the chest? Or maybe on an undershirt and socks?

I switched the off-white to the one used in Ottawa's official shield logo to see if it looked better and it does. No weird mayonnaise effect :P

Not sure what much else I can/should do to it as I'm fine with how it is. I've also been toying around with the Kings lately but it's going to be a challenge...

Ooo, yes go for the Kings. The current set, or a previous era?

Hi all! I had an idea in mind that I finally had the time to bring to life by combining my love of both hockey and football in a crossover project. First and foremost I tried drawing designs from each team's history that I thought worked well in retaining their iconic look, translated well to a football uniform, and gave them a clear dinstinction from all the other teams. I'm a bit new here so this is my first time doing such work. You'll notice that they're not the cleanest of concepts as MS Paint only lets me do so much but I do hope to convey the general idea. I've put a lot of time into this so I hope you'll enjoy!

Props to SeeRed for the amazing Procombat template. Credits also to DolphinManatee and dakotapalm for some elements.

First up is the Detroit Red Wings set which was fairly simple to make. C&C and feedback welcome.

DetRedWingsSet6.png

Venice.jpg

that was made in MS Paint. There is no excuse.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Hi all! I had an idea in mind that I finally had the time to bring to life by combining my love of both hockey and football in a crossover project. First and foremost I tried drawing designs from each team's history that I thought worked well in retaining their iconic look, translated well to a football uniform, and gave them a clear dinstinction from all the other teams. I'm a bit new here so this is my first time doing such work. You'll notice that they're not the cleanest of concepts as MS Paint only lets me do so much but I do hope to convey the general idea. I've put a lot of time into this so I hope you'll enjoy!

Props to SeeRed for the amazing Procombat template. Credits also to DolphinManatee and dakotapalm for some elements.

First up is the Detroit Red Wings set which was fairly simple to make. C&C and feedback welcome.

DetRedWingsSet6.png

Venice.jpg

that was made in MS Paint. There is no excuse.

Wow that's simply amazing. You're right, there is no excuse, but I think people got the point across a long time ago.

Midway.png

Added to the presentation, used numbers decal on left side of helmet, and the vertical striped socks are something I drew from the Broncos' throwbacks from a few seasons ago. Comments appreciated.

JacketsSet2.png

Midway.png

• 2 weeks later...

You've got to tone down that background man. Way too dark, and it takes away from the presentation, rather than enhance it. I'm make it a watermark, and ignore the blur. The helmets still look pretty rough, too. Might want to look at that.

I like the Columbus concept, though. It's different.

Archived