International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OPENING WEEKEND

Chicago 20 Cleveland 28

Blazers DE D'Antonio Ford lit up the field Saturday night with 3 sacks, but he didn't have much help as Barons QB Darrin Chalmers earned Offensive Player of the Week honors for week 1 with 294 passing yards and 4 TDs.

London 33 Rome 14

The Sentinels sacked Crusader QB Nathan Galey 6 times, but didn't have much help anywhere else. London RB Joel Saxon grounded and pounded the pitch for 131 yds.

Orlando 14 New York 13

In the tightest game of opening weekend, General Jaxon's Phantoms defense played the best 45 minutes they could possibly play, but let QB Grant Blackwood and the Vipers off the hook by giving up two long touchdown drives in the fourth quarter.

Munich 22 Tokyo 20

In the most exciting finish of week 1, Stags RB Ike Ibenegbu caught a 20 yd. TD pass and ran a 2-point conversion to put Munich up by 8 with 1:46 to go. Then Hatari Inafune drove his Shoguns 83 yards to a touchdown at the end of regulation. Their 2-point conversion was stopped, however giving Munich the win.

Las Vegas 17 Los Angeles 13

Invader safety James Moxley intercepted 3 Mike Monaco passes (all in the 2nd half) to earn him Defensive Player of the Week honors.

Dallas 19 Vancouver 13

Outlaws RB Kelvin Knight and Mammoths RB Willie Detweiler had a ground game duel, with 300 yds between the two of them. A late goal line stand by the Outlaws provided the final score.

what sim-based engine are you using? are you using ncaa12 or 11-madden?..

as always, great looking concepts. the copperheads are amazing.

with expansion on the horizon, will be intresting to see what you come up with!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

what sim-based engine are you using? are you using ncaa12 or 11-madden?..

as always, great looking concepts. the copperheads are amazing.

with expansion on the horizon, will be intresting to see what you come up with!

Sierra Sports Football Pro '98; it's an old cd-rom pc game. I got it on Amazon for about 6 bucks haha!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

That many blatant uses of puns at one time should be illegal.

I've gotta say, I love how this series has turned out. Every single team looks excellent, and I'm excited to see the expansions in the future.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So, let me get this straight...

Chicago Torched the Barons

Crusaders Conquered Rome

Phantoms Were Snake-bitten

Munich STAGgered the Shoguns

Dallas Outlawed the Mammoths

and

The Pharaohs Got Buried...

That was quite the first week!

Nice puns except, Chicago didn't torch anyone ;)

Awesome thread Julius, Great job...Did you have to create every player on every team?

Wow! This whole concept league is amazing! Really phenominal work man. The Vipers and Shoguns have to be my favorite, will definitely be rooting for them.

As for expansion ideas I definitely think you should go with Toronto or Montreal for the North American East. Would have a great Canadian rivalry with Vancouver. Would love to see a team in Mexico in the West Division, and as for the World Division I feel like Vienna, Austria would be a logical choice, but also would love to see what you could come up with for teams in Moscow or Amsterdam.

On a side note, have been looking for a good customizable sim football game that fit my budget. Thanks for that info :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I agree with the West getting Mexico and Toronto in the East.

I think for the World Div that it would be cool to see either an Australian squad, but France or Russia would be awesome too.

Cant wait for the next update!

@Q34: I'll post them every Sunday morning (they "play" Saturday nights), unless the mods consider it spamming. I'm working on a nice scoreboard on Inkscape now, for presentation.

@CJMiller: Those cities aren't on the game, but you can still enter in whatever city you want in the team name slots on 'team settings'. It only shows up on the stat sheets (annoying still). For Munich, I used Frankfurt, Honolulu for Tokyo, Barcelona for Rome, and Denver for Las Vegas.

@EvilEmpire: I edited some of the players on the default roster. I put my captains on with correct jersey #'s and set all their skills to 99.

And I had to tweak about 5 or 6 players per team because the defaulter(?) goofs up sometimes;

-like you'll have a backup quarterback wearing a number "35", or a wide receiver wearing "56".

-And names that don't aesthetically 'fit'; like "Donald Schwimmerstein" for a Running Back (sounds more like a lawyer than a RB)

I'll just enter names that fit a little better, I usually just pick last names of my friends, or names I just think sound cool. (The Vegas Invaders' roster is littered with random names of prominent figures in UFO culture)

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

The new colors look good but I've always thought brown and light blue is a scheme that works but is rarely ever used. Perhaps you could satisfy both parties maybe by bringing back the old icey blue to replace the green? Just a thought

Midway.png

Archived