International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

I really like the recent updates, and the Prowlers concept. I think three tweaks could make the Prowlers better: 1) Just eliminate the gray. There's so little of it and it's placed such that it really isn't necessary. 2) Try to eliminate any unnecessary strokes. Especially look at the bottom left of the jaw. 3) A more consistent line weight would help. It doesn't have to be exactly the same throughout, but there are a few places (the stripes, the teeth, the top of the nose) where things get a little sketchy.

But in general, this is coming along nicely.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Prowlers logo. The only thing I don't like about it is the gray on the logo.

BTW, are you going to have an Australian team like you originally planned when you announced the expansion teams?

I really like the recent updates, and the Prowlers concept. I think three tweaks could make the Prowlers better: 1) Just eliminate the gray. There's so little of it and it's placed such that it really isn't necessary. 2) Try to eliminate any unnecessary strokes. Especially look at the bottom left of the jaw. 3) A more consistent line weight would help. It doesn't have to be exactly the same throughout, but there are a few places (the stripes, the teeth, the top of the nose) where things get a little sketchy.

But in general, this is coming along nicely.

My goal with the grey was to impart a little value, but if it overshadows the logo, away it goes.

Here's an update:

-I cleaned the bottom jaw a bit

-Tweaked the nose area

-Got rid of the grey

-made the bridge of the nose wayyy smoother, which I think looks a lot better

Hope this is better

Mumbai__Logo_svg-rect4562-4294966345.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

While I really like the Prowlers team name and overall design of this latest version of the mark, I'd return the Grey to the logo. It was by no means egregious... and I thought it added depth and definition to the design. I'd also be interested in seeing the prowler/tiger's ear downsized a bit, even if very slightly. As it is now, I think it makes the animal look a bit too much like a lynx.

cool logo. downgrade on the 2nd prowlers logo. I like the gray in there. I think it pulls it together and puts it over the top. and your old mark is better too.

Your work is a great inspiration to me! great logos and I'm working on being able to whip stuff out like you. Thanks Thomas!

Ya know, I want to like that Prowlers logo as much as everyone else but something about the snout throws it off for me. It seems almost canine when I think of tigers usually having round, ruffed out faces. But surely a few ear modifications and perhaps a pink muzzle could bring this together. Outstanding work so far JS!

Btw did you ever go through with the action poses idea?

Midway.png

@Midway: The poses are still an idea, I've just been so bust with school that free time is very very scarce.

I have some mods to my Prowler logo for you guys to look at. I got some mixed reviews on the grey values, so I added some in various places.

The ear is more tiger-ish as well. Take your pick and throw down some more c&c!

Mumbai__Logo_svg-rect7750-657.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Archived