International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

I think the helmet stripe for the Swarm is a downgrade. It's too generic for the look you have going for them, IMO. It may be simple, but it's still a unique look, which makes the new stripe look out of place. Maybe a combination of the 'bumble bee' stripes and the stripes you have on the side panels would work? Here's kinda what I was thinking:

wsw8pi.gif

It'd give the helmet more of a sense of aggression and motion, rather than two basic stripes. Nice work on all these updates!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... is it just me or does anyone else see a rooster when they glance quickly at Moscow's helmet?

I thought that, as well. The area above the eagle's head resembles a stylized comb, while the area below the beak looks like a stylized wattle. The move to Red as a part of the color scheme plays up the resemblance.

I think the helmet stripe for the Swarm is a downgrade. It's too generic for the look you have going for them, IMO. It may be simple, but it's still a unique look, which makes the new stripe look out of place. Maybe a combination of the 'bumble bee' stripes and the stripes you have on the side panels would work? Here's kinda what I was thinking:

wsw8pi.gif

It'd give the helmet more of a sense of aggression and motion, rather than two basic stripes. Nice work on all these updates!

Perhaps some oblique lines would do the trick, giving a little motion and keeping the bee resemblance.

Personally, I like the Swarm & Legion updates. And count me in the group that likes non-white roads (as long as the replacement makes sense, like yellow, grey, light gold, etc.)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You do great work. My only quibbles. I would put a keyline around the flame emblem for Chicago, especially if you use the burgundy, it will make it snap more. I think I liked your earlier ideas for the Legion. They were exotic. The one being used now makes me think of a chicken rather than an eagle for some reason.

• 1 month later...

I agree with mcrosby in seeing a helmet version with large sweeping horns;

and... any plans for a 3rd burnt-orange sweater for the Outlaws?

I'll def. try an Orange alternate for Dallas with a horned helmet...throw the two ideas together, that might look neat!

As for this evening, I gotta announce a move! The Barons have moved to Cleveland (Sorry, Ilwauk:/) I like having the locations spread further apart, and the aviation theme fit Ohio a lot more. Not sure if you guys remember my last Barons logo, but this new one is FAAARRR different. I love it!

So, without further ado, The Cleveland Barons!!

(Special thanks to drdougfresh for the Adidas Template)

Cleveland__Cover_svg-rect4562-4294966907.png

Cleveland__Logo_svg-rect5588-4-132.png

Cleveland__Uniform_svg-rect5588-4-4294966451.png

dude you need to send this to cavs owner dan gilbert who owns the monsters and gladiators, have them use this on hockey jersies or change gladiator name and use this design, just awesome. it really reflects ohios aviation history.

i mean if the city of cleveland cant get nhl at least let us have a bit of our past, this logo could be combined with the old "b" logo maybe have the b on the skulls forehead or a patch. please send to DAN GILBERT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop what?

Trying to get him to submit his design. He won't. And even if he did, Dan Gilbert won't use it, because he doesn't want to have the same problems as the Baltimore Ravens.

That, and the fact that we didn't need this thread bumped. (I guess I did it too...)

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Archived