International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you dropped the ball a little on the Barons. The logo is very well done, as are the others, but the typeface and unis aren't doing it for me. I like your idea for the military-inspired typeface. For the uniforms, the jerseys are alright but I don't like the pants at all. I personally hate wordmarks down the side of pants, and the logo is way too small. Also, I would stick with Nike for the uniforms. If you're giving the different teams different manufacturers, that's your decision. But I just think Nike's Speed Machine template is WAY better than the TechFit.

I am not feeling this one too much either. The logo is mostly nice, but the logo o and helmets need some red. The font is too thick, especially in that one version. Also, and this might seem nitpicky but since youre previous two designs were so good, the white outline should be touched up. The black outline around the wings also might need to looked at too. The outlines suddenly become straight near the ends of the points on the wings. If youre using illustrator, the program does that when using the outline tool, so you have to manually edit the outlines so they flow smoothly near the points. But mainly, if you add some red, it will look better.

the white outline should be touched up. The black outline around the wings also might need to looked at too. The outlines suddenly become straight near the ends of the points on the wings. If youre using illustrator, the program does that when using the outline tool, so you have to manually edit the outlines so they flow smoothly near the points.

yeah, I'm using Inkscape. The stroke tool makes the outlines that way. Been tooling with it to see how to make the tips curve a little better.

I've had similar issues with stroking before, and I usually end up just drawing it as a path:p

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Amazing work! I really like the presentation you use and the concepts as well. Again, great job! :)

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Been tweaking the Barons logo and unis a bit. The internet connection at my apartment is non-existant for the time being. A big flux of the students on campus just got here over the weekend from Christmas break and they're eating up the wi-fi. I'm posting this at work with their ethernet, haha! I'll throw the update on as soon as I get it done! It's getting close!

Stay tuned, and thanks for watching:)

J. Sizzle

One of the things that's kind of amusing about the Barons, is that I've had almost the same color scheme throughout their 'existence' (they were red, GOLD, and black originally). I wasn't even thinking about the Buckeyes when I decided to re-locate them to Cleveland, so It's kind of a happy accident that they have those colors. I think it turned out great though!

I really like the Barons logo you made. As for the updates they look amazing as well as everything else so far.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

The Invaders look awesome. The logo is really well done, and the font you chose works great. The alternate is also really sweet, especially the helmet. My only suggestion would be to make the cuffs green since you have a stripe on the helmet and pants. IMO it would help bring all three elements (helmet, jersey, pants) together.

Sweet! While I really like the idea here, the alien head on the primary logo looks a little too cartoony to me and probably wouldn't bode well compared to those of the other teams. Perhaps simplify it further and make it more menacing or go the ufo route. It just seems like I've seen this kind of logo on Madden's create-a-team mode

Midway.png

A unique color scheme, but it works. I like the away jersey set, but on the home jerseys, its just seems like an aweful lot of gray. I rarely like the all one color home uniform look. A green top or white pants would look nice IMO. Overall another clean looking team. The logo is cartoony like Midway said, but it seems appropriate for a team with an alien theme.

Archived