International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could def. do that. Some will look better than others, but it's worth a shot!

I agree with gate...The Outlaws' and Barons' helmets are nice, but a little on the "safe" side.

You like the wraparound and abstract helmet designs, so I say...Let 'er rip!

Your alien theme is awesome.

I could def. do that. Some will look better than others, but it's worth a shot!

I agree with gate...The Outlaws' and Barons' helmets are nice, but a little on the "safe" side.

You like the wraparound and abstract helmet designs, so I say...Let 'er rip!

Your alien theme is awesome.

yeah, the Barrons wings are really nice, that helmet might turn out pretty cool

vegasbowl.png

I'm doing some work on London and Los Angeles before I put them up. I def. plan on doing some stadium sketches in the future. Not sure if any of you ever played 2K Sports' All Pro Football, but the stadiums in that game are what I most want to emulate.

I should have some alternate helmets and the next two teams by Wednesday!

...OH, and I bought an old pc game that lets me build a custom league, so I can finally put these guys in action, schedules, rosters and all!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Sweet! While I really like the idea here, the alien head on the primary logo looks a little too cartoony to me and probably wouldn't bode well compared to those of the other teams. Perhaps simplify it further and make it more menacing or go the ufo route. It just seems like I've seen this kind of logo on Madden's create-a-team mode

These are very valid points, but I think that anything other than a stereotypical alien head would fail to look like an alien, unless it were so detailed to the point of being a mere illustration. I was thinking of keeping the head, but using a different design than the molecular model, maybe a radioactive waste symbol and making a diamond plaquard alternate!

as much as I love the neon green, for some reason, I think this shade of grey isn't working right to me. what about using a dark blue with tones of the grey in it??? I think it would stand out better, as well as add to the "space invader" feel (the dark blue with grey representing outer space......)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Sweet! While I really like the idea here, the alien head on the primary logo looks a little too cartoony to me and probably wouldn't bode well compared to those of the other teams. Perhaps simplify it further and make it more menacing or go the ufo route. It just seems like I've seen this kind of logo on Madden's create-a-team mode

These are very valid points, but I think that anything other than a stereotypical alien head would fail to look like an alien, unless it were so detailed to the point of being a mere illustration. I was thinking of keeping the head, but using a different design than the molecular model, maybe a radioactive waste symbol and making a diamond plaquard alternate!

The logo does encompass the whole alien theme well but I just thought it needed that little something extra that separated it from all other common depictions of aliens. Honestly the amount of time, thought, and execution you've put into the aesthetic details of each concept has been beyond impressive so whatever you see fit is fine with me. It is Las Vegas after all B)

Midway.png

Welcome to London, gentlemen! Mind the pitch, hahaha!

London_Cover_svg-rect4562-4294967286.png

London__Logo_svg-rect5588-4-612-2.png

London__Uniform_svg-rect5588-4-4294966696-1.png

I've set up the league on my sim pc game today, edited rosters to feature my team captains and coaches, and printed a schedule!!

Here's the Week 1 matchups:

Chicago @ Cleveland

Orlando @ New York

Rome @ London

Munich @ Tokyo

Los Angeles @ Las Vegas

Dallas @ Vancouver

It looks nice and bold. The shield makes sense for a London-based team since it kind of resembles soccer logos which often use shields. I like the white helmets as well.

My only issue is using Copperplate as a font. That is Copperplate right? It's the numbers that I am especially not a fan of here or on the Golden State Warriors numbers either. Just my feelings on copperplate. Others may like that font.

It looks nice and bold. The shield makes sense for a London-based team since it kind of resembles soccer logos which often use shields. I like the white helmets as well.

My only issue is using Copperplate as a font. That is Copperplate right? It's the numbers that I am especially not a fan of here or on the Golden State Warriors numbers either. Just my feelings on copperplate. Others may like that font.

I def. wanted to go with the soccer kit feel. As for the copperplate, it just fits to me. I know it's used practically EVERYwhere, but I went with something that just 'looked English' if that makes sense, haha! I could however try to crop the numbers a bit, or find a different font that has more of a Gothic feel without being too 'busy'.

Clean and simple, great way to go. I especially like the 3 little stripes beneath the collars it was a very subtle yet effective nod to soccer ^_^ That crimson seems quite dark though, I'm reminded of your Cleveland Barons concepts. I think soccer kits benefit from being able to pull off bright colors so maybe saturating the red up a bit will help give it the feel you're going for. The three stripes could also serve to be your pants stripes too. Good stuff!

Midway.png

Archived