International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me start on a good note by saying that the logo is excellent. It's soccer-like yet it works well on a football helmet.

The jerseys are pretty rough though. First off ditch the adidas stripes. I understand that you were trying to give a nod to soccer uniforms, but I hate it when adidas puts their triple stripes on football and basketball jerseys. Second, get rid of the Copperplate numbers. Maybe, to tie into the soccer theme, you could use the EPL number font. Lastly, I would put the striping on the sleeves to liven up the jerseys a little bit. I would keep it blue/red/white/red/blue.

I love your London Crusaders!

I like how you've used the 'red and white' predominately (with only a "trimming" of blue).

I usually don't like all white football unis, but the all-whites in this case really nail the Crusaders' theme.

I've been left wanting a 'wraparound' or more creative helmet design for the Barons and Outlaws helmets,

but here, the classic crossed-swords-and-shield-logo is perfect on the brain-bucket just the way you have it.

Clever, clean, well-thought-out and well presented stuff.

If the NFL ever ventures into London they should really consider your Crusaders concept.

Do you write your own stuff?...Because the text is as entertaining as the graphics.

I like the Crusaders. The clean look is very reminiscent of the soccer team, and I think you translated it really well. I'm going to add another to the pile here and say that the Copperplate numbers aren't doing it for me. I actually really like the use of that font in the wordmark, but the numbers are a little 'off' to me. I did some searching and found some numeral fonts that may look a little bit better (and still pair well with that typeface):

Should've Known

Haunted Mouse

BD Renaissance

I think each of those work with Copperplate (with a couple modifications, like the 0 on Should've Known), and add that character you were aiming for. The thing that ultimately bothers me the most on the Copperplate numerals is the '1'. Always has, always will. The serifs at the top are too close, IMO.

Nice work on this set, man!

I like the Crusaders. The clean look is very reminiscent of the soccer team, and I think you translated it really well. I'm going to add another to the pile here and say that the Copperplate numbers aren't doing it for me. I actually really like the use of that font in the wordmark, but the numbers are a little 'off' to me. I did some searching and found some numeral fonts that may look a little bit better (and still pair well with that typeface):

Should've Known

Haunted Mouse

BD Renaissance

I think each of those work with Copperplate (with a couple modifications, like the 0 on Should've Known), and add that character you were aiming for. The thing that ultimately bothers me the most on the Copperplate numerals is the '1'. Always has, always will. The serifs at the top are too close, IMO.

Nice work on this set, man!

The renaissance ones look sharp!

vegasbowl.png

Wow, this feedback is great, guys! I really appreciate the suggestions.

Never fear, the copperplate numbers will go bye-bye, I just need to either choose one of these fonts, or make my own.

@CJ Miller: I want %100 of my league to be fabricated, all the way down to the stadiums. I chose "Steadham Yard" because it sounded like Stamford Bridge, another cool looking stadium in London

@MJ Bannon: Do you know the name of the EPL font, or where there's a download of it?

@Sparky: I DID write all my own stuff: Press sheets, player/coaches names, all of it. This has been my baby since about 5th grade (about '94-'95 with many changes since, of course)The wrap-a-rounds are coming soon, stay tuned:)

@Dr. Doug: Thank you again for the help, man! Most cats wouldn't take the time to do that. It means a lot:) Hopefully I'll find a winner out of these.

More Helmets, and Los Angeles up next!!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Welcome to London, gentlemen! Mind the pitch, hahaha!

London_Cover_svg-rect4562-4294967286.png

London__Logo_svg-rect5588-4-612-2.png

London__Uniform_svg-rect5588-4-4294966696-1.png

I've set up the league on my sim pc game today, edited rosters to feature my team captains and coaches, and printed a schedule!!

Here's the Week 1 matchups:

Chicago @ Cleveland

Orlando @ New York

Rome @ London

Munich @ Tokyo

Los Angeles @ Las Vegas

Dallas @ Vancouver

The London team's uniforms aren't showing, could you fix this please?

Updated Crusaders! The EPL font had the Barclay's lions on the numbers, so I downloaded Optima Bold, and made some choice trims:)

London_Cover_svg-rect4562-4294966404.png

London__Logo_svg-rect5588-4-4294966633.png

London__Uniform_svg-rect5588-4-4294967051.png

The Lion on the EPL numbers is a Premier League logo, rather than a sponsors marque. (Barclays' logo is an eagle, I believe).

That being said, the crusaders look is great. Also really liked the Las Vegas uni.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Outlaws helmet is amazing, simply put.

Barons logo has something about it that I like, however can we see it with smaller wings, so we can see which is better?

Barons' helmet is amazing, simply put.

Outlaws' logo has something about it that I like, however can we see it with larger horns...

It's interesting how everyone sees things a little different. There's no right or wrong. It's what makes things...interesting.

Gate and I probably agree that both helmets look great.

I like the big honkin' wings in a 'go big or go home' kind of way.

I wonder how the Outlaws' horns would look if they were big enough that the Diamond on the cow's head would sit above the facemask, with the horns wrapping around even further pack.

Thanks for responding to our requests.

Archived