International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gatek99: Are you referring to the alternate helmet, or the primary logo with the pilot's skull?

@Sparky:I can def. try your idea. The Revo Speed is soooo challenging for logo placement, given all the vent holes put in (artistically) inconvenient places. But it's so damn beautiful! A lot better than the original Revolutions..yuck!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

@Gatek99: Are you referring to the alternate helmet, or the primary logo with the pilot's skull?

@Sparky:I can def. try your idea. The Revo Speed is soooo challenging for logo placement, given all the vent holes put in (artistically) inconvenient places. But it's so damn beautiful! A lot better than the original Revolutions..yuck!

alternate, I love it how it is, however would like to compare to smaller wings like eagle style

vegasbowl.png

...except that I might consider toning down the buttchin...

That's supposed to be his goatee, hahaha!! Maybe it's too thin?

Oh woops haha, I just got back from basketball practice when I posted that so I must have been tired. In that case, I wouldn't change anything, great work.

spacer.png

Sorry for the double-post, but Los Angeles has just arrived and they're ready to tear the IFL a new A**hole!!

Los_Angeles__Cover_svg-rect4562-705.png

Los_Angeles__Logo_svg-rect5588-4-480.png

Los_Angeles__Uniform_svg-rect5588-4-582.png

Nice work. I love it.

You are gonna hate me for saying this, but try the helmet in Gold instead of Blue (but keep the blue facemask). I think it will minimize the goatee impact, and look sharp. Plus, since the headdress is gold anyway, it will match the pattern. Otherwise, 1000 points.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Y'know, I wish you'd put a little more thought into these. They just seem thrown together.

Kidding aside, I love this identity-- much better than the first go-round. Are you planning on putting all these slicks together into an e-book? Because that would be really fun to flip through once it's done.

That Pharaohs identity is great, and actually really good for LA too. Tough so good for football, but also somehow glamourous so great for LA. My one quibble about the whole league identity is that a lot of the uniforms, though coloured differently seem all a bit similar to me. Maybe thats just me, but from that level its all feeling a bit UFL.

EDIT: just to slightly amend that last comment, the uniforms are different, dunno, maybe its just that the last couple have been relatively conservative in design.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I recently went to a King Tut museum exhibit and felt that the whole Egyptian-theme is an under-used one in American sports. There are so many good Egyptain themes such as Pharaohs, jackals, cobras, etc... so I like what youre doing here. Memphis would be a perfect city for the Pharaohs with the same name as the Egyptian city, but LA is fine as well.

Anyway on to your work here. Somehow you need to make that long goatee seem more attached to the chin, to make it even more pharoah-like. I thought it was the neck at first. The face is a great rendering, but it's almost too detailed since the outer head-wear is so thick and bold, so it doesnt match IMO.

Also verything in Egyptain pyramids is covered in gold gold gold and more gold, so I wish you used gold here.

For the most part, Im really liking this and I like the name a lot.

I just figured out why the goatee comes across as the neck to me and initially to henburg. The chin area, or under the chin, is dark blue on top, then dark gray, then light gray on the bottom. The dark colors on top give the impression of shadows which is true of necks since they rest in the shaded area under the chin. If you change that area to be lighter and not shadows and maybe pointing upward, it would look more like a pharaohs goatee.

I recently went to a King Tut museum exhibit and felt that the whole Egyptian-theme is an under-used one in American sports. There are so many good Egyptain themes such as Pharaohs, jackals, cobras, etc... so I like what youre doing here. Memphis would be a perfect city for the Pharaohs with the same name as the Egyptian city, but LA is fine as well.

Anyway on to your work here. Somehow you need to make that long goatee seem more attached to the chin, to make it even more pharoah-like. I thought it was the neck at first. The face is a great rendering, but it's almost too detailed since the outer head-wear is so thick and bold, so it doesnt match IMO.

Also verything in Egyptain pyramids is covered in gold gold gold and more gold, so I wish you used gold here.

For the most part, Im really liking this and I like the name a lot.

Basically this, but I really want to see you extend that chin goatee down and square it off.

hatshepsut-5.jpg?w=300

Archived