Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure what thread this belonged in. Was killing time at a local mall while my computer got fixed, and came across an Andrew Luck Reebok jersey in Burlington Coat Factory. Thought you guys would find this interesting

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

No Reebok logo on the sleeves, plus since when have Colts jerseys had the NFL Equipment shield sewn onto a separate piece of fabric, Giants- or Broncos-style? I thought they were sewn directly onto the collar. It's most likely a fake.

Scored a green Santana Moss Jets jersey in practically perfect condition for $7 at a thrift store in Williamsburg the other day. Considering I love Santana, especially when he was here, I was a very happy man.

I would have been even happier if the $6 Griffey "authentic" they had wasn't one of the worst fakes I've ever seen.

The funny thing is, I've never really been into thrift stores until my girl had to drag me to this one. Needless to say, I'll definitely be checking out a lot more of them here in Brooklyn

Not a thrift store find, but I landed this lot of hats on Ebay:

$T2eC16ZHJHIE9nysezCsBQNY9yOnRw~~60_12.JPG

All 1980s-1990s wool - Reds, Yankees ('98 World Series patch), Mesa Saguaros, Naranjeros de Hermosillo, Houston Astros*, Canton-Akron Indians

*The Astros hat has a sun design above the MLB logo on the back. I've never seen it before. I'm assuming it's a spring training or summer league hat?

$30 shipped for the lot, so $5 per hat. Gonna try to move the Yankees hat because it's not my size and I wouldn't wear it anyway. happy.gif

What size is it? I might be interested

Yankees hat is a 7 1/2.

If he doesn't want it, I do. PM me a price

81f571eeffe677a105ed0a8fddd34d92.jpgnot exactly a thrift store find, but here is a craigslist find.I had never seen one for sale, and had totally forgot the Bills wore this for one game back in 94 on a monday night against the Broncos. i stumbled onto it for $100 and didnt even bicker with the price. Picked it up right away!!! I think its a pretty cool/odd score as Champion didnt make retail authentics for this style so its got to be game issued at least and matches perfect to any picture details i've been able to find.

Marshalls and TJ Maxx in Buffalo have been great as of late as well. Numerous Authentic Bills jerseys for $15, replicas for $8 and 94 M&N bruce and Kelly, Thurman and Reed Superbowl 35 M&N (obviously screened, not knock off sewn) for $40 a piece.Good Stuff!!!488813f06d431bb8dfbb9ffa2e8deb2a.jpg

2012 is almost over and I haven't found a single gem! Admittedly I haven't been hitting the thrift stores as hard lately, but I've been striking out at TJ Maxx and Marshall's too! I need to find something before the end of the year!

Likewise, just e-Bay

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

81f571eeffe677a105ed0a8fddd34d92.jpgnot exactly a thrift store find, but here is a craigslist find.I had never seen one for sale, and had totally forgot the Bills wore this for one game back in 94 on a monday night against the Broncos. i stumbled onto it for $100 and didnt even bicker with the price. Picked it up right away!!! I think its a pretty cool/odd score as Champion didnt make retail authentics for this style so its got to be game issued at least and matches perfect to any picture details i've been able to find.

Marshalls and TJ Maxx in Buffalo have been great as of late as well. Numerous Authentic Bills jerseys for $15, replicas for $8 and 94 M&N bruce and Kelly, Thurman and Reed Superbowl 35 M&N (obviously screened, not knock off sewn) for $40 a piece.Good Stuff!!!488813f06d431bb8dfbb9ffa2e8deb2a.jpg

the striping on the sleeve cuffs looks reversed...shouldn't it be thin red/white/thin red?

the striping on the sleeve cuffs looks reversed...shouldn't it be thin red/white/thin red?

i think it should but i'm not sure

spacer.png

Well, I guess that speaks to the rarity. This was their throwback in 94 for one game. Inverted cuffs and blue collar. Helmet was red w a white standing buffalo. It was never even offered at retail as an authentic so only gamers and the back ups were made for the 40 sum odd players who dressed. Very rare and as I said I've never seen one for sale. A true grail for a bills collector!

400306_897377716156_1795808962_n.jpg

Apparently some distraught Panthers fan dumped all his stuff in Plato's Closet. Got all of the above for my cousin for $65.

They had some other stuff that I left, white Cam, black Cam, Kuechly, Williams and Beason, and a ton of new Nike tees. If anybody wants anything, I'd appreciate $50 per jersey and $20 per tee. They're priced at $35 per jersey and $15 per tee. (The Smith one was mistagged at $15) Everything is a size L. They also had a few hats - snapbacks and a pink breast cancer Panthers New Era, size 7 1/4 for $15.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

400306_897377716156_1795808962_n.jpg

Apparently some distraught Panthers fan dumped all his stuff in Plato's Closet. Got all of the above for my cousin for $65.

They had some other stuff that I left, white Cam, black Cam, Kuechly, Williams and Beason, and a ton of new Nike tees. If anybody wants anything, I'd appreciate $50 per jersey and $20 per tee. They're priced at $35 per jersey and $15 per tee. (The Smith one was mistagged at $15) Everything is a size L. They also had a few hats - snapbacks and a pink breast cancer Panthers New Era, size 7 1/4 for $15.

Wow man, get your ass back up there and get me that black Kuechly jersey. Snag the white Cam one too. I can meet you locally, i'll even toss a few extra bucks in for gas.

I work in Concord, so I could meet you in the Salisbury area if that's comfortable for you. I'll shoot you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived