Jaguars do a chrome Oregon helmet imitation

wyopokes2

Please God no. :lol:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd love my Packers to do that, actually. Looks like a sufficiently warm gold that it would be a good representation of their athletic gold color.

Maybe make it a more satin finish, rather than the shiny mirror effect:

398088416_o.jpg

Had the technology been available in 1994, I'm convinced Ron Wolf would have included it in his proposed overhaul.

If there was a black facemask on that, I wouldn't hate it.

The one thing I didn't like about the Oregon Rose Bowl helmets (in a vacuum/the rest of the uniform not withstanding) was that they were like mirrors. I didn't mind how bright their reflectiveness was, but I prefer a finish more like Notre Dame's. I think this would be an excellent idea for the Jaguars if the shell were more like Notre Dame's helmets.

I'd love my Packers to do that, actually. Looks like a sufficiently warm gold that it would be a good representation of their athletic gold color.

:blink: How would that be a good representation of the Packers' current colors? Their athletic gold color is a slightly orangish yellow. This is gold-gold. They aren't even close. It might work for the 49ers or Saints, but not for the Packers.

As for this helmet, if they were going to produce it, they should have went through the trouble or producing decals with the gold portion of the cat's head clear so the gold in the log would match the helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

:blink: How would that be a good representation of the Packers' current colors? Their athletic gold color is a slightly orangish yellow. This is gold-gold. They aren't even close. It might work for the 49ers or Saints, but not for the Packers.

As for this helmet, if they were going to produce it, they should have went through the trouble or producing decals with the gold portion of the cat's head clear so the gold in the log would match the helmet.

The saxophone in Gothamite's post is a highly reflective/metalic orangish-yellow. That shade of gold is much closer to the Packers' gold than the gold that the Saints/49ers use.

It's a fair bit warmer than Notre Dame's new gold helmets.

Notre-Dame.jpg

I'd call those closer to Vegas Gold, and the Jags' a metallic representation closer to Athletic Gold.

Gotcha. To clarify, I meant the treatment of the finish more so than the shade. I like that Notre Dame's (while still glossy and somewhat reflective in that sense) is somewhat mottled.

That would look SOOOOO good with the Saints' fleur-de-lis on it instead. Just doesn't work with the Jags.

The Saints have enough trouble matching their golds as it is. How in the heck would they match with those helmets? :lol:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Make the facemask black and brighten the teal in the tongue, and I'm sold.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My grandmother bought me the NFL chrome helmet set for Christmas (one of my favorite gifts I ever recieved) about ten years ago. All of the gold and silver helmeted teams looked great

9585531059.jpg

I predict this is the future of helmet design.

We'll probably even see some standard colors in chrome before too long

!B-O+DH!B2k~$(KGrHqUOKm4Ey2UtWhbuBM8HdNpK,w~~_3.JPG

It'll likely start in college and it'll be a solid decade before anyone tries it in the NFL. That's the way it goes with everything.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wonder how this would look as a black (possibly matte) helmet and gold facemask. Would be an interesting contrast of textures at least, but since the Jags really don't emphasize gold much anymore, I think a significant amount of gold on the helmet would really stick out. Don't really think this would ever see the field...

Archived